Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 15 The Show trailer titled, Summer Wind. To see it in all of its glory, make sure you see the YouTube version at 1080p/60fps.

For those of you that missed the fact sheet, click here for all of the details.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/13/15 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Slightly twisted for them to release a trailer of gorgeous summer sunlight when a good chunk of the country is freezin our tails off, but oh man does it look good.
Yeah I almost felt like it was summer for a split second. Then I realized its 8 degrees outside.

# 62 MrOldboy @ 02/13/15 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Seriously though, how did they end up with that bum on the cover?

It should have been the Real Bum.
I agree Puig was a poor choice to represent the franchise, but Puig at least has been enthusiastic about the game. Hopefully they at least leveraged his interest in the game into advertising or just randomly having him promote it. He did it anyway last year.

# 63 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/13/15 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Seriously though, how did they end up with that bum on the cover?

It should have been the Real Bum.
This picture reminds me of my college days.

# 64 KennyJ1976 @ 02/13/15 10:11 PM
This gripe may be a little picky, but with all the graphical upgrades done to stadiums, why won't they change the LED ad rings that go around the stadiums? Most of them are exactly the same from when I started playing The Show back in 2010. I always thought 2K did those better. Other than that, great trailer.

# 65 mitchmest @ 02/13/15 10:17 PM
That lighting is un-real. Also the new glove pat on the back with the yankees, the posey hugging Casilla and the Puig celebration at home plate really caught my eye. The graphics are a bit prettier and the pirates dugout celebrations were really cool. Good job guys, you have my money.

# 66 Brian3113 @ 02/13/15 10:28 PM
I hope they actually have the Hit it Here Cafe, and include the King's Court when Felix pitches at home. Also, I hope they add Rodney shooting the arrow after a save.

# 67 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/13/15 10:31 PM
It looked good, but when will we finally uncover the fans' strange, league-wide obsession with Player 0? There's got to be a way to create fans with a generic shirt that can be coded to display the number/name of an important player on the team. Maybe a "fan editor" would be cool in the future.

# 68 Rasco11 @ 02/13/15 10:36 PM
Wow, lighting is amazing...does wonders for visuals! Bravo.

Small nitpick - Mariners logo "S" is still too small on ballcaps. Been like this in game for years.

# 69 BravesBoy @ 02/13/15 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
It looked good, but when will we finally uncover the fans' strange, league-wide obsession with Player 0? There's got to be a way to create fans with a generic shirt that can be coded to display the number/name of an important player on the team. Maybe a "fan editor" would be cool in the future.
Fan editor? Let's not get crazy lol..I can only speak for myself but i would probably never notice what number was on a fans shirt. It's an extremely small detail

# 70 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/13/15 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
Fan editor? Let's not get crazy lol..I can I my speak for myself but j would probably never notice what number was in a fans shirt. It's an extremely small detail
I don't know about that. It's smaller than a lot of other things (stat tracking!!!!), but the crowd ambiance is pretty important for immersion. It gets old seeing everyone rocking Player 0 jerseys at the games. There was a super fan editor in some old Madden editions so there's some precedent for it, too. I don't need a fan editor if SCEA does the work for me!

# 71 Jimmydm90 @ 02/13/15 10:47 PM
Quote:

They should write some code that assigns fan jerseys based on which players lead the team in stats. Top 3 in batting avg. Top 2 in wins sort of thing. Or just use whatever formula they use to assign All-Stars to assign best players on the team for fan jerseys.

The best would be achieving a level of success where your RTTS player is now on fan jerseys.

# 72 Cowboy008 @ 02/13/15 10:50 PM
Quote:
When ever I see a fan wearing that it kinda brings me out of it a little. I wouldn't need a fan editor though. If there was some way the devs could make it to where the fans would have a name and number of one of your players on the back of their jersey.

# 73 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/13/15 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
They should write some code that assigns fan jerseys based on which players lead the team in stats. Top 3 in batting avg. Top 2 in wins sort of thing. Or just use whatever formula they use to assign All-Stars to assign best players on the team for fan jerseys.

The best would be achieving a level of success where your RTTS player is now on fan jerseys.
I would also like some deep cuts and throwbacks. A probabilistic model based on the sequence of OVR's on the team. Top OVR gets a 50% share of all jerseys, 2nd highest OVR gets a 25% share....20th OVR gets a 0.5% share. And maybe add in a few LEGEND jerseys too (some Hershisers for the Dodgers etc..)

I'm sure they've thought of this because it seems obvious. I just wonder what's holding up implementation (would that code be difficult to put in?). Having 5,000 fans walking around with Player 0 jerseys just seems anathema to SCEA's focus on a sim experience. I hope they fix it at some point as they increase the number of unique fan models.

# 74 bigwill33 @ 02/13/15 10:53 PM
Remember when you could promote certain players through TV and radio ads within the game? What if you choose which players' jerseys to sell at the team store.

I'm only mostly kidding.

# 75 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/13/15 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Remember when you could promote certain players through TV and radio ads within the game? What if you choose which players' jerseys to sell at the team store.

I'm only mostly kidding.
It's a good idea. And maybe you could control the Walmart down the street and influence how many fans are wearing cheap knock off jerseys! lol

I think there are lots of good ways to implement real jerseys on fans.

# 76 thaSLAB @ 02/13/15 10:59 PM
Fan editor, lol. So this is where we're at now?

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 77 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/13/15 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Fan editor, lol. So this is where we're at now?

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk
The game is broken until that day comes...

Spoiler

# 78 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/14/15 01:04 AM
I would have never noticed the Player 0 stuff is I hadn't read about it here.

# 79 SmashMan @ 02/14/15 01:09 AM
Watched it on my iPad earlier - getting around to watching it in slow-motion on computer and pausing for Wrigley shots.

Of things I posted on TheShowNation last year, there are now numbered flags on the foul poles, a tarp on the right side, and the backstop seating area appears to have had some work done to it (on my list mainly as I pitch from Broadcast). So far, so good.

Looking forward to seeing more!

# 80 Hockeynut99 @ 02/14/15 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I would have never noticed the Player 0 stuff is I hadn't read about it here.
And one reason I never go into the bugs threads.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.