Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

OS'er reaction to the Diamond Dynasty revamp seems to be somewhat cool, although the reaction isn't disastrous. In our recent poll, 51% of players are turned off to the prospect of even playing the game, but 49% are considering the mode on some level.

The new Diamond Dynasty mode has suffered, along with the rest of The Show's online modes, with the game's spotty online performance. There is no doubt The Show will need to absolutely get the online player versus player aspect correct before this Spring for the Diamond Dynasty mode to be a truly viable option for players.

The elimination of contracts and focus on purely MLB guys will be a huge help to the mode. Linking the mode to a universal currency system will also likely help some players jump in, knowing they can field a competitive team simply by playing other modes in the game.

Overall, OS'er reaction to Diamond Dynasty is probably outpacing expectations -- given the fact these modes still bring up a certain level of angst with many in the community. At the end of the day, it has been interesting to see the shift from outright rebellion against collector types of modes to almost an acceptance of their existence.

What would you do to improve Diamond Dynasty?

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 desi1751 @ 02/18/15 04:29 PM
they need to focus on rrts and franchise mode. Both modes have way more potiental then they are right now. Adding a story line or more interaction wud be nice for rtts.

# 2 HustlinOwl @ 02/18/15 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by desi1751
they need to focus on rrts and franchise mode. Both modes have way more potiental then they are right now. Adding a story line or more interaction wud be nice for rtts.
and how does that actually improve DD???

What would you do to improve Diamond Dynasty?

# 3 desi1751 @ 02/18/15 04:50 PM
Having actual licensed minor league ball players wud be nice and would work for all game modes.

# 4 brent3419 @ 02/18/15 04:52 PM
Quote:
Having actual licensed minor league ball players wud be nice and would work for all game modes.

minor league players arent licensed which is why you dont see them in the game until sometime after they are called up

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

# 5 Dolenz @ 02/18/15 05:10 PM
Quote:
Isn't the story line starting out as a minor leaguer, working your way to the majors, becoming an all-star and hopefully a hall of famer? I don't need no rival or cut scenes with my agent and would prefer to just get to the next game.

As for Diamond Dynasty? I will most likely try it this year after playing RTTS and Franchise for a while and accumulating some cards/stubs. I have never really given it a chance before and the changes make it more appealing.

# 6 MetsMania15 @ 02/18/15 05:19 PM
Gotta bring back those Dynasty players somehow. I think putting a "create-a-player" card in card packs would eliminate the use of an overpowering team, but also keep a lot of creativity in the game. Wish I could touch base on them with this. Is there any way to contact the developers?

# 7 seanjeezy @ 02/18/15 05:21 PM
I'm in the camp that has no intention of playing Diamond Dynasty regardless of any improvements to the mode, and I'm guessing a lot of that 51.46% share the same view. I also have a terrible ISP and when you combine that with the game's history of spotty online performance I decided long ago to never touch any online-related mode in this game again.

# 8 Dolenz @ 02/18/15 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I'm in the camp that has no intention of playing Diamond Dynasty regardless of any improvements to the mode, and I'm guessing a lot of that 51.46% share the same view. I also have a terrible ISP and when you combine that with the game's history of spotty online performance I decided long ago to never touch any online-related mode in this game again.
I figure if I play the mode I would probably just play the mode offline like they did in the stream. I promised myself I would give franchise a go again this year though as I mainly play RTTS. It's really tough to devote adequate time to more than one or two modes of play.

# 9 MatrixTN @ 02/18/15 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsMania15
Is there any way to contact the developers?
Wishlist threads - and devs names are purple.

# 10 Shaffer26 @ 02/18/15 05:32 PM
More inclined to play DD this year because of the improvements, but I'm not exactly jumping head over heels in excitement over it. If I like, I like and if I don't I don't but I am willing to give it a shot.

# 11 Cowboy008 @ 02/18/15 05:33 PM
I don't really know what they could do to improve Diamond Dynasty. I won't touch the mode since the only mode I play is Franchise but I like that you can get packs from playing all of the modes.

# 12 Bruinboy @ 02/18/15 05:37 PM
I have not been a DD player. I dabbled in it for a week when it first came out and put it on the shelf. My first love is RTTS followed by Season Mode. After seeing the improvements ... especially no contracts and MLB players ... I will give it another try. In fact, I'm looking forward to it. And the title of the OP that the response to a revamped DD is turning out to be cool ... well, not sure about that. Most were cool to it before the changes and I believe this will get more people into the mode. At least, it will with me.

# 13 JayD @ 02/18/15 05:38 PM
I will not be touching this game mode at all. I really hope that they put the main focus on Franchise and RTTS instead of focusing on a mode that is rarely used. I know MLB The Show is really good with community feedback and implemented suggestions of fans so hopefully this mode will go to the bottom of the list next year.

# 14 Jimmydm90 @ 02/18/15 05:43 PM
I would have liked to see a poll that focused on whether the community viewed the changes positively. My guess is most would say yes even if they're not going to try it. The problem with this type of poll is there will ALWAYS be a large contingent that just says "I will never try this mode no matter what you do". So that doesn't tell us very much with this type of questioning.

# 15 Cubfan @ 02/18/15 05:52 PM
I messed around with DD when it was first introduced but it's not my thing.

# 16 Lisac @ 02/18/15 06:02 PM
Sounds like its time to get rid of this feature and open up some space and finally give us Created A Stadium

# 17 agentlaw13 @ 02/18/15 06:09 PM
I try it out every year but only play offline. I usually lose interest quickly bc of the random players and the tedious task of training them.

Definitely gonna give it a shot this year. Think they are taking a step in the right direction by making it MLB players only

One improvement that I would like to see would be a less time consuming logo editor. I suck at it, so if it was simplified a bit that would be a plus.

# 18 Shakedowncapo @ 02/18/15 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
Sounds like its time to get rid of this feature and open up some space and finally give us Created A Stadium
Get rid of a feature that could bring more money into their studio?! No reason they should have to do that if they keep building on it like FIFA and NBA2k.

# 19 seanjeezy @ 02/18/15 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Get rid of a feature that could bring more money into their studio?! No reason they should have to do that if they keep building on it like FIFA and NBA2k.
What MLB The Show's "Diamond Dynasty" Is, and Why It Isn't Another Ultimate Team

# 20 Shakedowncapo @ 02/18/15 06:18 PM
That link is 3 years old and that version of DD did not work for them. They're now conforming to the ultimate team style that you see in FIFA and NBA2k, just with a small twist(the one created player). Its the perfect move going forward, as leaving money on the table is something they shouldn't do, because being exclusive means they'll never see the sales of a FIFA or NBA2k.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.