Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The MLB 15 The Show livestream on Twitch has begun, featuring a full game and discussion on UI improvements.

Click the spoiler button below to watch it here or click here to view it on a new page. Once the steam has completed, we will update this post with a link to the archive for those of you that miss it.

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, click the spoiler button below or click here to watch the archive on Twitch. Due to an issue during the stream, the first 11 minutes can be seen here. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like extra innings was archived.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 ruskoz @ 02/19/15 11:34 PM
I think the developers are basing the lighting off of pictures and not real life optics. You cant blame them, they are doing what the are told and that is make it look like the pictures, but I explained the issue 5-6 post before this one. In the ballpark you will be using your eyes...human eyes are exponentially better at dealing with light exposure then any camera will ever be.

# 122 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
is it on you tube yet ?
Still processing. Was done uploading 45 minutes ago. Just waiting on youtube.

# 123 Knight165 @ 02/19/15 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
If having individual jerseys during the all-star game is a giant memory hog then individual tattoos/player models can't be too far off either. Personally I find that reason to be much more believable than disgruntled tattoo artists arguing over compensation.
http://www.npr.org/2014/08/24/342959...r-madden-debut

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...hletes-tattoos

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenhe...es-scrambling/

Ehhh....IDK...
Three recent, reliable sources that seem to say it's a bit more than "disgruntled" artists.

M.K.
Knight165

# 124 ClarkWGrizwold @ 02/19/15 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Sorry i thought it was you that said that it makes you sell it in 1-2 months. My bad.
I made the post but never said I sell it or that it's a game breaker, I said it's gets stale or boring might be a better word. Instead of me playing 2 or 3 games a night I would get to the point of 2 or 3 games a week.

# 125 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkWGrizwold
I made the post but never said I sell it or that it's a game breaker, I said it's gets stale or boring might be a better word. Instead of me playing 2 or 3 games a night I would get to the point of 2 or 3 games a week.
Well i will just shut up then since i cant read.

# 126 Knight165 @ 02/19/15 11:44 PM
Quote:
Knight and Slab thanks for that. Why wouldn't they just lower the threshold to solve the issue this year and going forward instead of waiting until next year and having to put in the work for an option to not have sleeves?
Sorry....I didn't mean to confuse you.

I'm not saying that's what's happening......I'm just saying that .....the suggestion for giving a no sleeves option is DEFINITELY not on the table for '15.
Hopefully ....they took the suggestion to lower the temp threshold...

M.K.
Knight165

# 127 Factzzz @ 02/19/15 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
http://www.npr.org/2014/08/24/342959...r-madden-debut

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...hletes-tattoos

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenhe...es-scrambling/

Ehhh....IDK...
Three recent, reliable sources that seem to say it's a bit more than "disgruntled" artists.

M.K.
Knight165
So you're saying SCEA went and got permission to use all of the neck tattoos?

And why did it take until 2014 for this to be brought up? Only since madden used it as an excuse.

And you're saying 2k went out and got the permission from probably 1000s of tattoo artists to use their work?

# 128 KHarmo88 @ 02/19/15 11:46 PM

Here's a picture I took from Club Cambria in early May

# 129 Russell_SCEA @ 02/19/15 11:46 PM
Quote:
Knight and Slab thanks for that. Why wouldn't they just lower the threshold to solve the issue this year and going forward instead of waiting until next year and having to put in the work for an option to not have sleeves?

Because the team is trying to finish the game people. Which means bugs, bugs, and more bugs. The team hasn't had a weekend off since thanksgiving and most people are working 70+ hour weeks. You walk into a programmers office right now and make that request when he's looking at a mountain of bugs he needs to fix you might not leave his office in the same state of health you walked in with.

# 130 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz

And why did it take until 2014 for this to be brought up? Only since madden used it as an excuse.

And you're saying 2k went out and got the permission from probably 1000s of tattoo artists to use their work?
2014? The studio that made The Hangover got sued years ago for giving Ed Helms the face tattoo that Mike Tyson has.

# 131 seanjeezy @ 02/19/15 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskoz
I think the developers are basing the lighting off of pictures and not real life optics. You cant blame them, they are doing what the are told and that is make it look like the pictures, but I explained the issue 2 post before this one. In the ballpark you will be using your eyes...human eyes are exponentially better at dealing with light exposure then any camera will ever be.
In the first stream they claimed they used MLB TV for reference and developed some kind of tool to translate the exact colors seen on TV to the game, or maybe that was just for the dirt and grass? I remember them talking about the green monster so the tool must work on more than just those two... However when I mentioned that Safeco's dirt looked off in one of the trailers, I was told that outside suggestions/observations were not being considered, even after providing in-person visual evidence and MLB TV visual evidence.

So hopefully they reconsider their stance and you guys get a brighter skyline, or at least a couple more lights on some of the buildings

# 132 Knight165 @ 02/19/15 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz

I'm not saying anything....YOU seem to be doing that.

What does what 2K did have anything to do with what SCEA does anyway?
Do you think the artist in the SCEA studio is making the decision to put in any of the tattoos?

M.K.
Knight165

# 133 manitoba450es @ 02/19/15 11:49 PM
I don't understand how some people can't see the difference between the pictures while the game is played and the pictures with fire works. The ones with the fire works will always look brighter because the big lights of the park that light the field are off. You can see all the banks of lights off so therefore you can see the buildings. When the bright lights are on the buildings are blacked out just like in real life. If anything the lights could be brighter on the fans and the outfield. It doesn't need to be any brighter in the skyline. Great job boys on a great looking game

# 134 kehlis @ 02/19/15 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manitoba450es
I don't understand how some people can't see the difference between the pictures while the game is played and the pictures with fire works. The ones with the fire works will always look brighter because the big lights of the park that light the field are off. You can see all the banks of lights off so therefore you can see the buildings. When the bright lights are on the buildings are blacked out just like in real life. If anything the lights could be brighter on the fans and the outfield. It doesn't need to be any brighter in the skyline. Great job boys on a great looking game
Are you ignoring the pictures that have been posted with no fireworks that show a bit more detail?

Even if you want to leave the buildings out of it for a second what about the Clemente Bridge?

# 135 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 11:52 PM
Quote:
sleeves .... sleeves..... sleeves....

who cares -- play the greatest game ever made and be quiet..... LOL !!!!
That still belongs to The Last of Us. Greatest sports game ever made maybe.

# 136 CujoMatty @ 02/19/15 11:56 PM
Quote:

Uhhhhh the games not out yet. Pretty hard to play it.

# 137 agentlaw13 @ 02/19/15 11:56 PM
Still awaiting to view via youtube (Thanks, Hoz), soooo anybody got any positive impressions from the stream??

# 138 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 11:57 PM
Starts at :40 seconds. (only 360p right now)

# 139 rkocjay @ 02/19/15 11:57 PM
Quote:

i second that

# 140 Factzzz @ 02/19/15 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
2014? The studio that made The Hangover got sued years ago for giving Ed Helms the face tattoo that Mike Tyson has.
2014 for video games, and up until Madden used that excuse, it was never brought up by anyone as a reason why the Show didn't have tattoos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm not saying anything....YOU seem to be doing that.

What does what 2K did have anything to do with what SCEA does anyway?
Do you think the artist in the SCEA studio is making the decision to put in any of the tattoos?

M.K.
Knight165
2k doesn't have anything to do with SCEA, but they do have something to do with tattoos, and the legality of them being in the game, compared to other games such as The Show.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.