Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

For Major League Baseball, it’s been one of the busiest offseasons in recent memory. For players of MLB: The Show, these moves often bring more excitement, as we get to "play" with/as these guys in our favorite game.

Here are five intriguing moves that may change the way you play MLB 15: The Show...

Read More - MLB 15 The Show: How The Offseason is Shaping This Year's Game

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 x8Tommy8x @ 02/25/15 02:12 PM
Nationals rotation is insane.

# 2 rkocjay @ 02/25/15 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
It gets tough to decide wether to start a new franchise or season mode with all these transactions or just use the year to year feature
Same here but I'm leaning toward just starting over

# 3 Thrash13 @ 02/25/15 02:22 PM
I'm looking forward to a healthy season for the Rangers. Derek Holland was out before last season started, and Yu Darvish started the season on the DL. Prince, Choo, etc. were all bitten by the injury bug which made for a very long 2014 campaign. I'm not sure if we'll be big-time contenders, but we should be if healthy. I'd at least like to see how a healthy Rangers team performs.

I'm a Nats fan too, and I'm sure I'll play several games with their ridiculous rotation!

# 4 Ghost Of The Year @ 02/25/15 02:26 PM
I don't normally have any interest in St. Louis but I'm going to get some quick count bats in with the Cardinals & Jason Heyward for at least one season.

# 5 deej93 @ 02/25/15 02:27 PM
Its funny how on the first year we are gonna get to use the Y2Y saves feature there happens to be all these offseason moves, leading a lot of people to just start over.

# 6 Lisac @ 02/25/15 02:30 PM
I use Oakland every year just cause of their low budget but ive never been so excited to use my Cubs. Tween the Wrigley Reno's, Maddon, Lester and the Kids they are going to be fun to use this year!

# 7 ASUBoy93 @ 02/25/15 02:52 PM
The Red Sox moved to the AL West? Wow, this was a crazy offseason.

# 8 Lisac @ 02/25/15 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3maddenjunkie
will bj upton get announced as Melvin? lol what a name change
Extremely doubtful!

# 9 Ghost Of The Year @ 02/25/15 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUBoy93
The Red Sox moved to the AL West? Wow, this was a crazy offseason.
lol
Quote:
Boston signed both Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval, changing the landscape in the N.L. West and the left side of their infield.

These moves offer some interesting choices for players tinkering with the Red Sox’s lineup, while creating some gaps that may need to be filled in L.A. and San Francisco.
I'm sure you realise landscape in the NL West is changed because Boston created gaps in the respective LA & SF infields

# 10 OhioCub @ 02/25/15 06:47 PM
No mention of the Cubs with the signing of Lester and the youth, namely Kris Bryant, ready to make a huge impact?

# 11 asu666 @ 02/25/15 07:07 PM
I'm looking forward to taking my Diamondbacks through the rejuvenated NL West.

# 12 Ghost Of The Year @ 02/25/15 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
No mention of the Cubs with the signing of Lester and the youth, namely Kris Bryant, ready to make a huge impact?
I agree, the Cubs are more intriguing than Philly, who was already a non-factor last year & will be more of the same this year.
Quote:
Rollins to Dodgers
L.A.’s real-life replacement at shortstop is the former face of the Phillies, Jimmy Rollins. While I don’t think this move makes the Dodgers significantly better or worse, it does signal the end of an era in Philly.

Rollins’ departure signals a new youth movement in Philadelphia, though it appears to be slow in developing. If you typically play as the Phillies, how will you handle what is now an “official” rebuild?
But while I don't believe the Cubs & Bryant are quite ready for prime-time (playoffs),
I still think Lester will make more of an impact on the NL Central playoff race than Rollins in LA on the West playoff race.

# 13 ryan36 @ 02/25/15 10:30 PM
I started an osfm (off season update) franchise with the Indians , called up lindor and traded for danny santana, jon niese, and 3 arms from the Mariners bullpen, and signed moncada and Y. Hernandez.

Real rosters... the Cubs are who I wanna play with. The Mariners off season didn't impress me and the Red Sox may be too easy, although their rotation might be trouble. I'm not sure I can hit with the Padres, and I'm not sure they'll score in real life either.

# 14 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/26/15 08:51 AM
Quote:
Remember, though, Kris Bryant won't exist in the game until the roster update after he gets called up. You'll have to create him, CJ Edwards, Addison Russell, Kyle Schwarber, etc to get them in your minor leagues for future seasons of your franchise. (at least that is what I'm going to do, maybe we'll get lucky and "Schwarber", "Almora", and "Vogelbach" will be in the last name audio database this year)

# 15 OhioCub @ 02/26/15 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Remember, though, Kris Bryant won't exist in the game until the roster update after he gets called up. You'll have to create him, CJ Edwards, Addison Russell, Kyle Schwarber, etc to get them in your minor leagues for future seasons of your franchise. (at least that is what I'm going to do, maybe we'll get lucky and "Schwarber", "Almora", and "Vogelbach" will be in the last name audio database this year)
That's what osfm is for lol

# 16 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/26/15 09:08 AM
Quote:
That's what osfm is for lol
Sure, if you want to wait for for them! I've never used an OSFM roster, how soon after the game releases do they start rolling out?

# 17 OhioCub @ 02/26/15 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Sure, if you want to wait for for them! I've never used an OSFM roster, how soon after the game releases do they start rolling out?
They're usually out about a month after release and they are totally worth waiting for. I usually just play some road to the show and exhibition games while waiting to regain my timing on the game so that once I start my franchise I'm ready to go.

# 18 ThaDumbest1 @ 02/26/15 07:22 PM
How are they gonna handle the minor league affiliation changes from the show 14 to 15, involving the year to year saves? I'm interested about how its gonna work

# 19 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/28/15 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
It gets tough to decide wether to start a new franchise or season mode with all these transactions or just use the year to year feature
After the offseason the White Sox had, I am so glad I never started an offline franchise last season.

# 20 CaseIH @ 02/28/15 03:15 AM
It was definitely a crazy winter, the old saying there is no offseason in baseball was as true as ever this past winter. Both Padres and White Sox's really revamped, and on paper look to be postseason contenders.

Im a Reds fan, so nothing really to exciting as far as new players to play with on the roster, and according to all the projections were going to suck. And while I know some Reds fans are to happy about those projections, Im actually glad know one is expecting much this yr, these guys seem to do better when the spotlight isn't on them. I forget who said it on MLB network, I think it was Ron Darling, but he said the Reds might be the most dangerous team that know one expects anything from this year, and I have to agree Injuries killed us last season, cause we don't have any depth, but if this team manages to stay healthy this yr, they can be very good. I think Cubs fans are jumping the gun, but being the joke of baseball, and now having a legit Ace along with a proven manager, to go with a lot of talented prospects I can see why they have some hope, and thye wont no longer be a team you can see on the schedule and say at worst we will win 2 of 3 anymore. They should be better than normal, but I think they will be at home watching the postseason like normal once again, but in 1 yr or so they will be contending for the division unfortunately.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.