Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The MLB 15 The Show livestream on Twitch has begun, featuring Franchise improvements, Inside the Radio Show and year to year saves.

Click the spoiler button below to watch it here or click this link to view it on a new page. Once the steam has completed, we will update this post with a link to the archive for those of you that miss it.

UPDATE: Link and spoiler button updated with archive. (Starts at roughly the 1:23 mark)

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 kehlis @ 02/26/15 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
Archived link is not working currently.
Make sure to be clicking on the spoiler. Seems to be working fine for me.

# 62 Shakedowncapo @ 02/26/15 09:52 PM
MLB 14' Orioles

MLB 15' Orioles

Fantastic work on the skyline and crowd lighting.

# 63 decga @ 02/26/15 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGHerm
I love this radio show thing, but I feel like eventually it will get on my nerves. Kind of repetitive.
Yeah I know. That's alot of work the guy did. A welcome first try.

# 64 kehlis @ 02/26/15 09:54 PM
That skyline is beautiful!

Not to drag this off topic but that is exactly what PNC park needs in the background.

THe O's black pants on the other hand.......

# 65 calripken8 @ 02/26/15 09:55 PM
I would say one thing to really add realism is the jumbotron animation colors switch to team colors keep everything in the ball park the teams colors only thing I can think of the game look amazing for it's anniversary

# 66 eric7064 @ 02/26/15 09:58 PM
Can we please get any info on online franchise. Is it same as Offline? Is schedule/stamina fixed. Is the radio show in it? New trade/contract features? This would be nice to know. Thanks.

# 67 OhioCub @ 02/26/15 09:59 PM
Forgot about the stream tonight, turned it on to see the bottom of the 9th, first thing I noticed... look at the movement on that 4 SEAM fastball! That's what a major league fastball should look like... Hopefully now we can get away from giving everyone a running fastball to compensate for the lack of movement in the 4-seamer.

# 68 giants665 @ 02/26/15 10:00 PM
wait so you cant edit contracts in franchise mode? lameee what a bummer.

# 69 Cowboy008 @ 02/26/15 10:00 PM
When they were showing the sponsor screen I didn't see anything about how long you can have the sponsor. So I'm wondering once we get those sponsor contracts do we have them forever or are they for like a season or a certain amount of games?

# 70 ebarws6 @ 02/26/15 10:01 PM
Also I love the improved crowd logic with less fans sitting in the upper decks. Nice touch.

# 71 OhioCub @ 02/26/15 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
That skyline is beautiful!

Not to drag this off topic but that is exactly what PNC park needs in the background.

THe O's black pants on the other hand.......
Are the O's really wearing those black pants this year? If so... no, just no lol

# 72 RLebron12 @ 02/26/15 10:01 PM
Man that ball park looked amazing! The skyline was awesome the buildings lit up really brought everything more to life!

I thought the game looked amazing and really can't wait till March 31! Every time I see the name brands in there it just looks better and better. Radio showcase was a cool new touch, will probably listen to it at first then skip over it after awhile as it will get repetitive. Not taking anything away from you guys just being honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 73 Flaxseed Oil @ 02/26/15 10:02 PM
Haven't seen it mentioned in this thread yet, but I am a big proponent of better pitching animations - and I've got to say, Chris Sale looked SPOT ON. And it looks like they tweaked Ubaldo a little bit with his arm motion and he looks pretty good too.

Cant wait to get a look at Tanaka.

# 74 sydrogerdavid @ 02/26/15 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
Are the O's really wearing those black pants this year? If so... no, just no lol
No. Those are from their old throwback uniforms.

From the 1901 Baltimore club.

# 75 OhioCub @ 02/26/15 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
No. Those are from their old throwback uniforms.
Oh, thank god lol

# 76 thaSLAB @ 02/26/15 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
When they were showing the sponsor screen I didn't see anything about how long you can have the sponsor. So I'm wondering once we get those sponsor contracts do we have them forever or are they for like a season or a certain amount of games?
Once you earn a sponsor (thru Universal Rewards) it's yours forever. You can unlock a bunch of sponsors and switch them out as you please, to you 3 "active" ones.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 77 tabarnes19_SDS @ 02/26/15 10:07 PM
The things I am most excited about;

1. Updated contract logic. I am glad the cpu cannot sign players to long term deals cheap aymore, but doesn't prevent them from buying out FA years. This is HUGE!! I had to go through 30 team control last year and sign all A renewable players to one year deals to keep them from signing 7 year deals at 1.2 million. I know they still want to do more work with contract logic. I would still like to see superstars get the big money, all stars making between 10-15, average players between 7-10 and role players 2-3 million. The system undervalues average and all star players.

2. The trade finder IS awesome. You can highlight another teams player and see what it would take to get that player.

3. When I saw the trade logic early on, I liked what I saw and I am sure it has been refined even more. TBH I was a little concerned with the number of 1-1 trades, but looking back at the last couple seasons most trades in real MLB have been 1-1. I'll have to look to see how it turns out.

4. Radio Show brings some immersion to the mode. It is in its infancy, but is well done and will only improve.

5. FINALLY.....sortable transactions. I've been begging for them for so long. It started with color coding them and finally they can be sorted.

6. EDITABLE contracts.

What I want to see how it works.....

1. Editing contracts and affects on budgets. I fear if all contracts are edited to reflect real contracts and the logic doesn't sign new players and free agents to larger deals...teams will have a HUGE surplus of salary space. Plus I feel it will affect trade logic. The CPU values players on salary, age potential, position and overall. I wonder if the CPU sees a player at $5million and thinks he is of $3 worth..what will happen.

2. I'm curious about progression/regression with the new logic in place. I know they did alot of work with it, but I haven't seen it. I am sure they balanced it well, but I am not a fan of performance progression. I'm betting when I see it I will like it knowing Luis' dedication and knowledge of the sport.

3. Curious about budgets and how they move year to year. As teams have more money I would like to see them offer bigger free agent deals. In the past all teams seem to offer about the same contract. The logic also didn't seem to make sense when I could offer the same length and double the salary and the player would sign with another team.

4. Team building strategy. I know the guys did some work with it this year. I hated seeing the Yankees always trying to dump players in April last season.

Really pumped for the game.....

#baseball is better

# 78 Armor and Sword @ 02/26/15 10:09 PM
The radio show is dynamic as it will also talk about injuries, free agent signings, statistical leaders etc.

It will in my opinion make the franchise feel alive and keep you in touch with things going on around the league. Something a lot of us have been begging for for years.

# 79 sydrogerdavid @ 02/26/15 10:11 PM
Loved everything about how Camden Yards looked in this stream. During the bottom of the 5th, I actually stopped watching the game and was just staring at the orange clouds in the sky.

I noticed two things that bugged me. When the Sox were in the field, all the players had a weird white stripe around their left shoulders. I know it's just a bug, but it looked like they were wearing half of a vest uniform.

Also, Ubaldo Jimenez's low stirrups didn't match the high socks that Adam Jones was wearing. They were two different patterns. I remember the Cardinals also have some problems with their old throwback uniforms not having stripes for their stirrups/socks. Might be a good idea to walk through all the high sock/high stirrup/low stirrup patterns to make sure they match.

I know it's probably way too late, though. Please, fix next year.

# 80 giants665 @ 02/26/15 10:15 PM
you cant edit contracts in the actual franchise mode. Only from the home screen and then load the edited contracts into a new franchise mode. which is lame.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.