Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The MLB 15 The Show livestream on Twitch has begun, featuring Franchise improvements, Inside the Radio Show and year to year saves.

Click the spoiler button below to watch it here or click this link to view it on a new page. Once the steam has completed, we will update this post with a link to the archive for those of you that miss it.

UPDATE: Link and spoiler button updated with archive. (Starts at roughly the 1:23 mark)

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 calripken8 @ 02/26/15 10:18 PM
should add the Orioles 60th anniversary uniforms from last year!

# 82 tabarnes19_SDS @ 02/26/15 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giants665
you cant edit contracts in the actual franchise mode. Only from the home screen and then load the edited contracts into a new franchise mode. which is lame.
You edit contracts in the roster on home screen. You can't do it inside franchise or else you would "break" the budgets. Every team starts with about 10 million surplus. If you edited inside a franchise the teams would be in the hole.

# 83 BravesBoy @ 02/26/15 10:20 PM
Shout out to Russell for going off the cuff there for a quick 9 innings..good stuff guys!

# 84 calripken8 @ 02/26/15 10:24 PM
only thing missing is the 2 team store signs on the warehouse and the opening day American ribbons down the warehouse if you had time to add would be great!

# 85 SoxFan01605 @ 02/26/15 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
You edit contracts in the roster on home screen. You can't do it inside franchise or else you would "break" the budgets. Every team starts with about 10 million surplus. If you edited inside a franchise the teams would be in the hole.
I get that, but to me, this is a "so what" kind of problem. In other words, if someone "breaks" their franchise by doing that, then that's on them. Now, I understand the potential for underlying logic issues for the game itself, but I don't see why it can't eventually be allowed with either a) having to correct for budgets in the off season (if underlying logic isn't an issue) b) putting a limit in place (i.e. not allowing editing that "breaks budgets) or c) simply having it disable budgets if selected (similar to how selecting Roster Control disables all that stuff).

It's the first year and a nice addition either way, so I'm not crying foul or anything, but the whole "it might break such-and-such" argument for inclusion/omission of features is the kind of thing people have been railing against the Madden team about for years. Hopefully it can be implemented in-season for the future in some form or fashion.

In any case, for now, I'm just glad it's in at all.

EDIT: To clarify (since I don't want anyone to think I'm being a party pooper ) I'm not complaining about the setup nor am I pretending to know the underlying programming concerns, issues of priority, etc. So I understand completely that there may indeed be plenty of reasons for it not to make franchise as an option, especially in the early stages. I'm only addressing the notion of "X might break Y" that is often brought up in such instances of user customization. IMO, while it's a legit concern, it's one of the more navigable ones.

# 86 dazzelle @ 02/26/15 10:39 PM
Wish it showed a bit more info in the league update/notables tile besides just W/L/S, top batter for each side would have been nice.

# 87 ShowTyme15 @ 02/26/15 10:43 PM
So some guys don't retire right away obviously. Arod didn't retire until 2017. Almost in his mid 40's by that time.

# 88 giants665 @ 02/26/15 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I get that, but to me, this is a "so what" kind of problem. In other words, if someone "breaks" their franchise by doing that, then that's on them. Now, I understand the potential for underlying logic issues for the game itself, but I don't see why it can't eventually be allowed with either a) having to correct for budgets in the off season (if underlying logic isn't an issue) b) putting a limit in place (i.e. not allowing editing that "breaks budgets) or c) simply having it disable budgets if selected (similar to how selecting Roster Control disables all that stuff).

It's the first year and a nice addition either way, so I'm not crying foul or anything, but the whole "it might break such-and-such" argument for inclusion/omission of features is the kind of thing people have been railing against the Madden team about for years. Hopefully it can be implemented in-season for the future in some form or fashion.

Yeah this is all exactly how I feel as well. Its a nice add but there was certainly easy ways to have it added in to an actual franchise to allow more realism.

# 89 kehlis @ 02/26/15 10:45 PM
Quote:

I agree with your point and went back and forth with myself before deciding to comment but I don't really see the issue with it.

To me the editable contracts biggest benefits is to recreate contracts for the initial rosters that are incorrect. After a franchise is started there isn't really a reason to edit future contracts since they are done post "real life contracts."

# 90 rkocjay @ 02/26/15 10:48 PM
the radio show i like i know it will be repetitive but its a good start

# 91 ShowTyme15 @ 02/26/15 10:49 PM
Sweet, they kept the cyber face workaround for franchise mode.

# 92 Factzzz @ 02/26/15 10:55 PM
I still can't watch the archived stream, and twitch isn't even working at all. For me anyways.

I guess, i'll just have to wait for HozAndMoose to upload it to youtube.

Edit: literally right after i post this, the stream works of course, after trying for like an hour and a half, lmao

# 93 potsey7 @ 02/26/15 10:55 PM
So if we can only edit contracts on the home screen before we start a franchise, does this mean if we carry over a franchise on y2y saves this year we cannot edit contracts? I will have to start a new franchise with 2015 to be able to edit?

# 94 SoxFan01605 @ 02/26/15 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I agree with your point and went back and forth with myself before deciding to comment but I don't really see the issue with it.

To me the editable contracts biggest benefits is to recreate contracts for the initial rosters that are incorrect. After a franchise is started there isn't really a reason to edit future contracts since they are done post "real life contracts."
Yeah, I already edited my post to clarify that. It's not an "issue" (for me, at least), but it certainly could have potential benefits (big real life contract signing after you've already begun a franchise could be properly reflected, etc). One could make a similar argument about ratings edits in-franchise (and some have!). Everyone has their own level of customization hopes, is all. We'll never all be completely sated...lol.

That said, as my edit hopefully clarified, I was more addressing the rationale given in tabarnes' post.

# 95 thaSLAB @ 02/26/15 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
Wish it showed a bit more info in the league update/notables tile besides just W/L/S, top batter for each side would have been nice.
That was just the line score tab, that Kirby was trying to highlight the game that was being talked about, to show relevance to commentary. You can navigate to box scores and recaps, management tasks, lineups, etc. while the radio show plays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

^This.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 96 dazzelle @ 02/26/15 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkocjay
the radio show i like i know it will be repetitive but its a good start
Haven't got to the radio part yet.

And sure it may get repetitive but so is going through menu's looking for the info and so a lot of times don't bother.

I like it in Fifa how it tells you the results and standings,wish there was a way to replay though.

# 97 ShowTyme15 @ 02/26/15 10:58 PM
Anyone notice they had fans on the balcony in the building just to left of CF? Nice little touch.

# 98 Cowboy008 @ 02/26/15 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Sweet, they kept the cyber face workaround for franchise mode.
I'm glad they kept this in. I always have cyber faces when I do my franchises.

# 99 kehlis @ 02/26/15 11:02 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I already edited my post to clarify that. It's not an "issue" (for me, at least), but it certainly could have potential benefits (big real life contract signing after you've already begun a franchise could be properly reflected, etc). One could make a similar argument about ratings edits in-franchise (and some have!). Everyone has their own level of customization hopes, is all. We'll never all be completely sated...lol.

That said, as my edit hopefully clarified, I was more addressing the rationale given in tabarnes' post.
Yea, knowing you, I didn't think you were being a party pooper or a downer at all.

One thought though that did enter my mind after my post that might counter my last post was that it would be nice for people who like to mirror every move in the MLB to a T.

I know they can get it close but for those that try and do that it would be nice to have that ability (I'm not like that with my franchise).

# 100 vidgames @ 02/26/15 11:04 PM
Anyone else having issues with the archive not playing?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.