Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

This week's MLB 15: The Show livestream was a long one, clocking in at 1 hour, 45 minutes, so if you don't want to sit through the whole thing, here are all of the highlights from Thursday night's Twitch show:

Year-To-Year Saves
  • You will be able to use licensed equipment if you import your Road To The Show player from MLB 14.
  • It only took four seconds to load an MLB 14 save into MLB 15.
  • Save files from the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita versions of MLB 14 must be uploaded to Sony's cloud, and from there, they can be downloaded into your PlayStation 4 copy of MLB 15: The Show.
  • All of MLB 15's new facial scans and skin tones will be automatically applied to imported MLB 14 roster files. Players' attribute ratings, though, will remain the same as they were on your old file.
Franchise Mode
  • All teams' farm systems are randomly generated whenever you start your Franchise.
  • You can still edit any player's attributes whenever you want from inside Franchise/Season mode.
  • Any player's contract can be edited, but you must make your changes before you begin a Franchise or Season. You cannot edit contracts once a Franchise/Season is in progress. You are able to adjust contract length and contract value.
  • You can no longer cheat the system and lock-up all of your young talents to cheap, long-term contracts. Young players will be expecting a significant pay raise in their prime years, if you choose to sign them to a long-term deal.
  • All draft picks and minor leaguers can only be signed to one-year deals.
  • You cannot extend a player's contract during the season. You must wait until the off-season to start negotiating.
  • Your team's owner will now give you two goals that you must complete if you want to keep your job. The first goal is easier, and it will only focus on that particular season (for example, finishing over .500, or winning your division). The second goal is tougher, and it must be accomplished before your three-year contract expires (for instance, winning a Divisional Series, or capturing a World Series championship). Your owner's expectations will be based on the team's budget and roster talent.
  • If you're importing a Franchise save file from MLB 14, then you'll begin in the first year of your three-year contract, regardless of where you're at on the 20XX calendar.
  • Your GM Rating will always start at an average "C," and it can either move up or down, depending on your team's performance, and whether or not you achieve your owner's goals.
  • If you perform well with a low-budget team, then a big-budget team might offer you a job at the end of the season.
  • The contract system can be turned off entirely, if you prefer, which allows you to stay with your selected club for the entire length of the Franchise, regardless of your team's performance.
  • Whenever you put a player on the trading block, a new "trade value" bar will show you how much each team in the league covets your player. Teams looking to make a playoff push will be more interested in read-to-play veterans, while rebuilding franchises will be looking to acquire promising young prospects.
  • A new "suggest trades" button will make it easier to find offers that the game is likely to accept.
  • The trade logic has been tweaked so that there are more straight-up, one-for-one trades and less lopsided, multi-player trades.
  • Trades remain limited to just two teams per transaction. Three-team and four-team trades are something that Sony San Diego is considering adding for future editions of The Show.
  • Simulating games on the calender is now significantly faster.
  • You will see more performance-based player progression this year, but the system is still predominantly governed by a player's age and his potential rating. The potential rating can change slightly over time based on your on-field performance.
  • The age point where players start to naturally regress has been pushed back for MLB 15, and you can even stave off regression for a bit by performing at a high level in old age.
  • Teams' budgets will grow/shrink over the years based on each club's performance, but certain franchises that have a long history of being big spenders (like the Yankees) will continue to receive large budgets, even if they perennially underperform.
  • Your team can accept performance-based sponsorships to increase its budget. The sponsors' logos will only show-up on the score tickers and in the instant replay banners.
  • You can bring any of the retired legends into Franchise mode, if you want.
  • 10 minor league stadiums have been added on PlayStation 4. These fictional, unlicensed stadiums previously existed on PlayStation 3, but they now look much prettier on Sony's latest console.
Radio Show
  • The PlayStation 4 is the only system that will have the radio show this year, due to the huge amount of audio data it requires. There was not enough space to include it on the PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita.
  • Radio host Justin Allegri broadcasts minor league baseball and college football/basketball in real life.
  • Allegri mostly recaps box scores and stats, but he will also talk about any recent injuries, team transactions, career milestones, or impressive single-game accomplishments.
  • The radio show will keep playing while you move through the Franchise menus.
  • It will work in Road to the Show and Franchise, but if you listen to the radio show in RTTS, it will only talk about MLB events, and it won't mention anything that's happening in the minors.
  • Your created character can be mentioned on the radio show, but the news won't be slanted to make him the primary focus; the show just treats him like any other athlete.
  • Players without a recorded audio name are referred to by their jersey number, position, and team name.
Miscellaneous Notes
  • You can now select a specific month and time of day for exhibition games. These settings will affect the in-game lighting.
  • If you start a game at night, and it goes deep into extra innings, you will eventually see the sun rising in the A.M.
  • Users will have more control over their fielders this year, as they won't be locked into catch animations until much later in the ball's descent.
  • Starting pitchers' performance will begin to plummet at 20 percent stamina; relief pitchers start struggling at 40 percent stamina.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/02/15 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corymach7
SCEA, you've lost a customer for not allowing relocation of any franchises. I WON'T buy MLB 15: The Show. Being only GM in franchise sucks.
This isn't up to SCEA. This is an MLB rule.

# 102 extremeskins04 @ 03/02/15 10:29 AM
I'm probably in the minority, but I actually like the way they did the contract negotiations this year where you can only sign them in the offseason. It adds a little more difficulty to the game.

Also, I'm not really excited about the Radio Show after listening to it in the stream. I mean it's a great idea, but I don't want to hear the final score of every single game, every single week. I'll throw myself through a window.

I want to hear baseball ANALYSIS as well as having them talk about baseball news around the league, transaction, social media, and injury info. I then want to hear a few callers dial in and give their comments about a certain team or certain player, or something that happened like a major signing, a major trade, or a major injury. Kind of the way 98.5 The Sports Hub does it here in Boston.

Hearing a recap of every game's final score, every single week is not exactly what I had in mind. But I do applaud them for atleast putting this in and trying.

# 103 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/02/15 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I'm probably in the minority, but I actually like the way they did the contract negotiations this year where you can only sign them in the offseason. It adds a little more difficulty to the game.

Also, I'm not really excited about the Radio Show after listening to it in the stream. I mean it's a great idea, but I don't want to hear the final score of every single game, every single week. I'll throw myself through a window.

I want to hear baseball ANALYSIS as well as having them talk about baseball news around the league, transaction, social media, and injury info. I then want to hear a few callers dial in and give their comments about a certain team or certain player, or something that happened like a major signing, a major trade, or a major injury. Kind of the way 98.5 The Sports Hub does it here in Boston.

Hearing a recap of every game's final score, every single week is not exactly what I had in mind. But I do applaud them for atleast putting this in and trying.
The radio show is going to be different each day, and is going to be more than just scores. They are going to talk about players who have reached milestones, injuries, who is hot and cold. If someone is cold, and has a good game they will talk about that, if someone is hot and has an off day it will be mentioned. It will be much more than just scores. And even if it was, it'd be fine by me. I go through and manually look at all of the daily scores from every team anyway. Now I can just listen to it.

# 104 Cowboy008 @ 03/02/15 10:39 AM
Quote:

When they traded Ellsbury right before the deadline and then simmed to the next day you could hear the radio show start talking about it a little.

# 105 extremeskins04 @ 03/02/15 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
The radio show is going to be different each day, and is going to be more than just scores. They are going to talk about players who have reached milestones, injuries, who is hot and cold. If someone is cold, and has a good game they will talk about that, if someone is hot and has an off day it will be mentioned. It will be much more than just scores. And even if it was, it'd be fine by me. I go through and manually look at all of the daily scores from every team anyway. Now I can just listen to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
When they traded Ellsbury right before the deadline and then simmed to the next day you could hear the radio show start talking about it a little.
I hear you guys and appreciate the responses. And I do know that they will talk about some other things, but what I found to be off-putting was that they went through every final score in every game, every week. I don't mind going through a few scores of maybe some big games, but not every single game.

Again I'm in the minority about this and i'm ok with that. Still looking forward to a great game.

# 106 Knight165 @ 03/02/15 10:48 AM
Quote:
I hear you guys and appreciate the responses. And I do know that they will talk about some other things, but what I found to be off-putting was that they went through every final score in every game, every week. I don't mind going through a few scores of maybe some big games, but not every single game.

Again I'm in the minority about this and i'm ok with that. Still looking forward to a great game.
It's every day.

That's what sports radio shows do....read all the scores MULTIPLE times a day.
You guys didn't expect scores....at minimum?

M.K.
Knight165

# 107 rkocjay @ 03/02/15 11:44 AM
woooooo its march but wish the show was out now

# 108 ukfan4life @ 03/02/15 12:22 PM
Question that I wasn't sure of.....if I have been playing my franchise with historic rosters in MLB the show 14, will those historic rosters also port over to mlb the show 15 same as a regular roster. I would love to keep playing my Reds franchise with Rose, Bench, Morgan, etc., and my Royals franchise with Brett, Mayberry, UL Washington, etc. The historic rosters are awesome! OR--will I have to wait until someone recreates the roster set in 2015??

# 109 Russell_SCEA @ 03/02/15 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan4life
Question that I wasn't sure of.....if I have been playing my franchise with historic rosters in MLB the show 14, will those historic rosters also port over to mlb the show 15 same as a regular roster. I would love to keep playing my Reds franchise with Rose, Bench, Morgan, etc., and my Royals franchise with Brett, Mayberry, UL Washington, etc. The historic rosters are awesome! OR--will I have to wait until someone recreates the roster set in 2015??
The rosters themselves will not however your franchise/season save file will using those rosters.

# 110 thaSLAB @ 03/02/15 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
15 doesn't even release for another 30 days and yet people are already asking for new features for a game that's over a year away smh.
I want to get my request in now too... Can we get a stick of crumbly, powdery bubble gum in every game case?

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 111 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/02/15 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I want to get my request in now too... Can we get a stick of crumbly, powdery bubble gum in every game case?

I'm already compiling my wishlist for MLB 2025 The Show. Who is with me? Anyone.....anyone.....Bueller......Bueller.....Bue ller?

# 112 thaSLAB @ 03/02/15 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
I would just prefer random stadiums made by the designers over having CAS. I think there are many other things time should be invested in for the next few cycles other than CAS.
It's my personal opinion that this would be the best we would get. A full-fledged CAS is just way too ambitious and will probably never happen, IMO. The intricacies are just too great on these consoles. And being an artistic and engineering type, I'd love to build stadiums from scratch. At this point, you'd probably have to become a developer to create your own stadiums. Anyway, like I said, that's not speaking from inside knowledge, it's strictly my opinion.

Another thing people don't realize (dev resources-wise) is how much of an undertaking Y2Y saves was. There is an absolutely good reason why it was never able to be done before. Darin pretty much knocked this out of the box IMO, and I'm sure it was not without much frustration and sleepless nights.

# 113 thaSLAB @ 03/02/15 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corymach7
SCEA, you've lost a customer for not allowing relocation of any franchises. I WON'T buy MLB 15: The Show. Being only GM in franchise sucks.
There's been 1 relocation of a MLB franchise (Nats) in the last 43 year... Let that sink in.

# 114 ukfan4life @ 03/02/15 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The rosters themselves will not however your franchise/season save file will using those rosters.
Thank you Russell for the quick response, and thank you for all you do and how transparent you and your team are sharing this game with us. Can't wait until 3/31/15 !!

# 115 goplen5 @ 03/02/15 02:01 PM
Just one question off the top of my head:

They included the edit salary feature now. My question is, if they are made to mimic real life in the editor, does that affect in-season contracts at all? I understand it would raise your team funds to match, but are Free Agents in the future still going to sign on the same scale as before, or will they be according to the new scale that was caused by editing all of the other ones? Hope that makes sense.

It'd be weird to edit someone like Justin Upton's contract to $14.25 M, and then in the off-season he signs a long-term deal at like $6 M per year or something like that.

# 116 HozAndMoose @ 03/02/15 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Contracts cannot be edited once your franchise is started.
Well i sure missed that somewhere. That sucks.

# 117 JoeMimic @ 03/02/15 05:02 PM
Lots of good stuff SCEA! A little disappointed I still can't extend guys during the regular season but that's alright somehow I think I'll get over it

# 118 CubsWillRiseAgain @ 03/02/15 05:05 PM
Has anybody else here noticed that zero trades go down in the offseason? Sorry i've been wondering about this for a while, is there a reason for it? Thanks (:

# 119 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/02/15 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsWillRiseAgain
Has anybody else here noticed that zero trades go down in the offseason? Sorry i've been wondering about this for a while, is there a reason for it? Thanks (:
There wasn't alot of trades last year in the offseason, but would happen in future years.

I'm not quite sure what happened between 13 and 14 for offseason trade logic.

# 120 Ghost Of The Year @ 03/02/15 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
There's been 1 relocation of a MLB franchise (Nats) in the last 43 year... Let that sink in.

Yeah, I personally don't want to relocate any current team into a future, fantasy location, but I do wish MLB would let the Rangers be moved back to DC & only DC. The Natinals back to Montreal & only Montreal. The Twins back to DC & only DC. The A's back to KC & Philly & only KC & Philly. The Braves back to Milwaukee & Boston & only Milwaukee & Boston. For classic created roster reasons.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.