Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

This week's MLB 15: The Show livestream was a long one, clocking in at 1 hour, 45 minutes, so if you don't want to sit through the whole thing, here are all of the highlights from Thursday night's Twitch show:

Year-To-Year Saves
  • You will be able to use licensed equipment if you import your Road To The Show player from MLB 14.
  • It only took four seconds to load an MLB 14 save into MLB 15.
  • Save files from the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita versions of MLB 14 must be uploaded to Sony's cloud, and from there, they can be downloaded into your PlayStation 4 copy of MLB 15: The Show.
  • All of MLB 15's new facial scans and skin tones will be automatically applied to imported MLB 14 roster files. Players' attribute ratings, though, will remain the same as they were on your old file.
Franchise Mode
  • All teams' farm systems are randomly generated whenever you start your Franchise.
  • You can still edit any player's attributes whenever you want from inside Franchise/Season mode.
  • Any player's contract can be edited, but you must make your changes before you begin a Franchise or Season. You cannot edit contracts once a Franchise/Season is in progress. You are able to adjust contract length and contract value.
  • You can no longer cheat the system and lock-up all of your young talents to cheap, long-term contracts. Young players will be expecting a significant pay raise in their prime years, if you choose to sign them to a long-term deal.
  • All draft picks and minor leaguers can only be signed to one-year deals.
  • You cannot extend a player's contract during the season. You must wait until the off-season to start negotiating.
  • Your team's owner will now give you two goals that you must complete if you want to keep your job. The first goal is easier, and it will only focus on that particular season (for example, finishing over .500, or winning your division). The second goal is tougher, and it must be accomplished before your three-year contract expires (for instance, winning a Divisional Series, or capturing a World Series championship). Your owner's expectations will be based on the team's budget and roster talent.
  • If you're importing a Franchise save file from MLB 14, then you'll begin in the first year of your three-year contract, regardless of where you're at on the 20XX calendar.
  • Your GM Rating will always start at an average "C," and it can either move up or down, depending on your team's performance, and whether or not you achieve your owner's goals.
  • If you perform well with a low-budget team, then a big-budget team might offer you a job at the end of the season.
  • The contract system can be turned off entirely, if you prefer, which allows you to stay with your selected club for the entire length of the Franchise, regardless of your team's performance.
  • Whenever you put a player on the trading block, a new "trade value" bar will show you how much each team in the league covets your player. Teams looking to make a playoff push will be more interested in read-to-play veterans, while rebuilding franchises will be looking to acquire promising young prospects.
  • A new "suggest trades" button will make it easier to find offers that the game is likely to accept.
  • The trade logic has been tweaked so that there are more straight-up, one-for-one trades and less lopsided, multi-player trades.
  • Trades remain limited to just two teams per transaction. Three-team and four-team trades are something that Sony San Diego is considering adding for future editions of The Show.
  • Simulating games on the calender is now significantly faster.
  • You will see more performance-based player progression this year, but the system is still predominantly governed by a player's age and his potential rating. The potential rating can change slightly over time based on your on-field performance.
  • The age point where players start to naturally regress has been pushed back for MLB 15, and you can even stave off regression for a bit by performing at a high level in old age.
  • Teams' budgets will grow/shrink over the years based on each club's performance, but certain franchises that have a long history of being big spenders (like the Yankees) will continue to receive large budgets, even if they perennially underperform.
  • Your team can accept performance-based sponsorships to increase its budget. The sponsors' logos will only show-up on the score tickers and in the instant replay banners.
  • You can bring any of the retired legends into Franchise mode, if you want.
  • 10 minor league stadiums have been added on PlayStation 4. These fictional, unlicensed stadiums previously existed on PlayStation 3, but they now look much prettier on Sony's latest console.
Radio Show
  • The PlayStation 4 is the only system that will have the radio show this year, due to the huge amount of audio data it requires. There was not enough space to include it on the PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita.
  • Radio host Justin Allegri broadcasts minor league baseball and college football/basketball in real life.
  • Allegri mostly recaps box scores and stats, but he will also talk about any recent injuries, team transactions, career milestones, or impressive single-game accomplishments.
  • The radio show will keep playing while you move through the Franchise menus.
  • It will work in Road to the Show and Franchise, but if you listen to the radio show in RTTS, it will only talk about MLB events, and it won't mention anything that's happening in the minors.
  • Your created character can be mentioned on the radio show, but the news won't be slanted to make him the primary focus; the show just treats him like any other athlete.
  • Players without a recorded audio name are referred to by their jersey number, position, and team name.
Miscellaneous Notes
  • You can now select a specific month and time of day for exhibition games. These settings will affect the in-game lighting.
  • If you start a game at night, and it goes deep into extra innings, you will eventually see the sun rising in the A.M.
  • Users will have more control over their fielders this year, as they won't be locked into catch animations until much later in the ball's descent.
  • Starting pitchers' performance will begin to plummet at 20 percent stamina; relief pitchers start struggling at 40 percent stamina.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 bigwill33 @ 03/02/15 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
This conversation is about people wanting to build a stadium, right?

So what difference does it make if the team moves across country, to a new country or even across town. Let alone change their name.

These examples all involve new stadiums which is what CAS people want (Note: I personally could care less about the feature, myself. It happens so infrequently in real life that I personally would find it a waste of resources).
I think that the issue at hand with what you are speaking to is that the MLB doesn't want relocation (in the common sense of the word) in their video game products.

They are probably concerned about protecting the brands and legal issues etc.

Simply (and I use that term vaguely) constructing a new venue is a different story altogether and may be something that the game eventually is allowed to do. We don't know yet. It doesn't involve the intricacies often associated with relocation such as a total rebranding with an entirely new fan base.

I can tell you that if the Rays move from St. Pete to Tampa, or anywhere else, the brand stays the same most likely. The fan base is still intact as it is within the same general vicinity. It is a different mayor, area code, zip code, venue etc. Yet the same contingency of fans and season ticket holders... employees etc. all are pretty much still with the organization. That is not something that occurs when the A's move from KC to Oakland. When Seattle moved to Milwaukee and became the Brewers. That is the difference to which is being pointed out here.

If you're an owner of a professional sports franchise and you tell your city, fans, fellow owners, and league commissioner that you are wanting to relocate your franchise be prepared for alarms to go off all around. If you state that you are planning to construct a new venue in the same general area of the state/province in which you currently reside... far less wheels go into motion. Way less involvement is needed from an overall standpoint.

So common is the vernacular that this is how it is phrased specifically by the general population:

List of relocations:
The following charts list movements of franchises in the modern eras of the major North American sports leagues. It does not include:
Moves within a city, which have occurred many times in all major leagues.
Short distance moves from one city in a metro area to another city in the same metro area. (For example, San Francisco to Oakland.)
Short-distance city-suburb moves. (For example, Los Angeles to Anaheim, both of which are in the same urban agglomeration.) However, two moves of a basketball franchise within the New York metropolitan area are listed because the team involved dramatically changed its primary market within the area.
Team moves that happened before the organization joined its current league.

And the list of franchises that fit into that category:

Major League Baseball:

1902: Milwaukee Brewers moved to St. Louis, Missouri and became the St. Louis Browns.
1903: Baltimore Orioles moved to New York and became the Highlanders. The team was renamed the Yankees in 1913.
1953: Boston Braves moved to Milwaukee. This was the first relocation in 50 years. During those 50 years, there had also been no expansions or contractions—Major League Baseball had consisted of the same 16 teams, 8 in each league, playing in the same 10 cities without interruption for half a century.
1954: St. Louis Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Orioles.
1955: Philadelphia Athletics moved to Kansas City, Missouri.
1958: Brooklyn Dodgers moved to Los Angeles; New York Giants moved to San Francisco. These were the first major league teams on the West Coast; the teams moved simultaneously to facilitate travel for other National League (NL) teams.
1961: Washington Senators (original) moved to the Twin Cities area and became the Minnesota Twins. Not wishing to alienate Washington, D.C. and its powerful baseball fans, the American League (AL) granted the city a new expansion franchise, also called the Senators.
1966: Milwaukee Braves moved to Atlanta, Georgia.
1968: Kansas City Athletics moved to Oakland, California. Because Charles O. Finley broke a recently signed lease and public bonds were already issued for the building of what is now known as Kauffman Stadium, Major League Baseball was in danger of anti-trust legislation from Stuart Symington, U.S. Senator from Missouri. As a result, the AL granted Kansas City a new expansion franchise in 1969.
1970: Seattle Pilots moved to Milwaukee and became the Brewers. The AL granted Seattle a new expansion franchise in 1977.
1972: Washington Senators (second franchise) moved to Arlington, Texas and became the Texas Rangers.
2005: Montreal Expos moved to Washington, D.C. and became the Washington Nationals. The Expos had split time between Montreal and San Juan, Puerto Rico in 2003 and 2004. This was the first relocation in 33 years.

# 142 thaSLAB @ 03/02/15 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Isn't this just baseball terminology semantics?

People that want create-a-stadium want to be able to create a stadium, regardless of where the team moves to and what the team's intention is.
Yes, it is. I'm sure if you (not you in particular) look up relocation in pro sports, it will define it as moving to a different metropolitan location... and probably involve a name change. But yeah, the original post mentioned relocation in particular, with no mention of CAS.

On another note: stream time!

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 143 ShowTyme15 @ 03/02/15 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corymach7
If that's an MLB rule, I'll say this to Rob Manfred:

IF YOU DON'T TAKE OUT THAT RULE, I WILL PROTEST AGAINST IT FOR SCEA!

# 144 Bobhead @ 03/02/15 09:20 PM
Quote:
If that's an MLB rule, I'll say this to Rob Manfred:

IF YOU DON'T TAKE OUT THAT RULE, I WILL PROTEST AGAINST IT FOR SCEA!
Well you better start writing up some good protest signs.

I think Walmart sells pitchforks too...

# 145 agentlaw13 @ 03/02/15 09:31 PM
Quote:
Only those without brains will buy a pro sports video game that doesn't allow relocation of franchises.

Consider me brainless 😜

# 146 HozAndMoose @ 03/02/15 10:10 PM
Quote:
Only those without brains will buy a pro sports video game that doesn't allow relocation of franchises.
So we should only buy Madden. Cause MLB, 2k and FIFA all dont allow it.

# 147 Kylecoonrad @ 03/02/15 10:39 PM
Haven't owned an mlb game in 5 years can't wait for this one.

# 148 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/02/15 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
It was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard until I read what he posted directly below it. He keeps out doing himself every post. I do believe he is trolling.

# 149 lembja01 @ 03/03/15 01:07 AM
Hey, don't know if I missed it in the thread somewhere, but has anybody talked about being able to control who's on the 25 man roster coming out of Spring Training in Franchise Mode? Always was annoying to me when someone without any options left was sent down to AAA who I wanted in the majors instead of someone of my choice.

# 150 HozAndMoose @ 03/03/15 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembja01
Hey, don't know if I missed it in the thread somewhere, but has anybody talked about being able to control who's on the 25 man roster coming out of Spring Training in Franchise Mode? Always was annoying to me when someone without any options left was sent down to AAA who I wanted in the majors instead of someone of my choice.
If you get your roster down to 25 players before you advance to the regular season you wont have that issue.

# 151 Factzzz @ 03/03/15 01:45 AM
Quote:
Spoiler

# 152 Armor and Sword @ 03/03/15 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
The Marlins moved to Miami (their old stadium was not in Miami). The Atlanta Braves are in the process of moving out of Atlanta. In both cases, the team moved from one location to another. That's exactly what relocation means.

I don't really understand how this is debatable?

Unless by "relocation," Slab meant "relocation to another country."
Come on man. They built a new stadium...30 minutes south of the old one. I have lived in South Florida 43 of my 45 years on the planet. 30 minutes south is not moving to a new city for fans of the team. They played in Miami Gardens at Sun-Life and now have a new park in Miami (in Little Havana) where the old Orange Bowl was.

They did not relocate.....they moved to a new stadium. Leaving the tri-county area (Dade, Broward and Palm beach) would be considered moving out.

Sheesh.

# 153 Armor and Sword @ 03/03/15 07:44 AM
Quote:
Guess I am one giant dumb *** boneheaded moron.

# 154 KingTocco @ 03/03/15 10:03 AM
Hopefully we can move back to the discussion about the actual stream but I'm definitely glad to be here and I got a good laugh from some of the posts.

I can think of 584875839393 things more important than CAS and relocation, if you want CAS go play Sim City...build all you want.

New to baseball and this game, looking forward to some great discussion in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 155 insideoutside15 @ 03/03/15 10:10 AM
Quick question: the first post summary mentions that player models will updated. Does that apply to minor leaguers from the OS Minors roster too? For example, will my fake Mookie Betts suddenly become real Mookie Betts? I figure the answer is probably no, but I can dream.

# 156 Team Woopie @ 03/03/15 10:34 AM
Just on the question of whether players with face scans in MLB 14 will now have real pictures on your Franchise year-to-year save, presumably if you're using a created player it won't, but what if it's the Mookie Betts (for example) that SCEA created in one of its roster updates?

What if, for example, in my current OS roster, I've exported the SCEA-created Mookie Betts and imported him as a replacement for the OS-created Mookie Betts. Will he have his real picture on MLB 15 once I start up my MLB 14 franchise file?

# 157 jcar0725 @ 03/03/15 11:42 AM
Quote:
TROLL alert.

# 158 Jimmydm90 @ 03/03/15 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets

I can think of 584875839393 things more important than CAS and relocation, if you want CAS go play Sim City...build all you want.

New to baseball and this game, looking forward to some great discussion in the future!

You're new to baseball and this game and you've already got 584875839393 things you want improved??

Talk about picky! Jeez!

# 159 KingTocco @ 03/03/15 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
You're new to baseball and this game and you've already got 584875839393 things you want improved??

Talk about picky! Jeez!

Lol no. If you read what I said, I said there are that many things more IMPORTANT than CAS and relocation.

Nice try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 160 Tweeg @ 03/03/15 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insideoutside15
Quick question: the first post summary mentions that player models will updated. Does that apply to minor leaguers from the OS Minors roster too? For example, will my fake Mookie Betts suddenly become real Mookie Betts? I figure the answer is probably no, but I can dream.

That's the only question I have left as well. Could they possibly link it based on name even though they were first implemented as a created player?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.