Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Sony San Diego is currently livestreaming MLB 15 The Show on Twitch.TV with the Senior A.I. Programmer and more. Make sure you check it out here or click the spoiler button to view the embedded stream.

For those of you that miss out, this post will get updated with the archive.

UPDATE: The archive is available now, it starts at roughly the 9:09 mark (spoiler button updated).

For mobile viewers, check it out here. Thanks HozAndMoose!

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Woodweaver @ 03/03/15 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Bit of a groin kick that the AI will not challenge calls. For me that puts the feature in kind of the same boat as Balks. Ultimately I'd rather the game get the call right in the end for both teams. I realize that would require situational AI to be put in on when it would be most beneficial for the CPU team to challenge though, so as a first year effort I'm fine with that.

Hopefully we still have the option of turning the umpire missed calls off (basically a shortcut to the eventual outcome of a replay challenge)

Edit: Yes, I am well aware that 1B is the only challengeable call, and that either way this is not going to have a huge impact on the game (replays are rare enough in MLB as it is, and having only one category of them makes the impact even smaller).
Yeah, the AI gets the correct call. Besides when the AI would get a potential bad call, I believe the desire to not have the user sit through the process while the CPU plays the challenge out was a consideration.

Maybe next year...

# 42 pirates1fan @ 03/03/15 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollienyy
43 mins into the Twitch Archive.
Thank you!

# 43 Knight165 @ 03/03/15 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Yeah, the AI gets the correct call. Besides when the AI would get a potential bad call, I believe the desire to not have the user sit through the process while the CPU plays the challenge out was a consideration.

Maybe next year...
I hope so.
I think it would be quick enough...that a little tension to see if the CPU gets the overturn or not would be good.
Of course.....at a critical juncture in the game that doesn't go well for the USER....would open up a whole new(old?) can of worms......right?(comeback code....shhhhhh

M.K.
Knight165

# 44 bcruise @ 03/03/15 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver

Maybe next year...
Appreciate the explanation WW. Actually if the AI doesn't NEED to challenge (that's the impression I'm getting from your post, correct me if I'm wrong), then I'm perfectly fine with using the challenges myself.

One thing about that though - are we going to be limited in our number of challenges like in the real MLB? If there is a limit then that could put the user in a disadvantaged situation vs a CPU that doesn't need to use them.

I know it's just a series of cutscenes (with a prompt) triggered by a close play, so maybe the limit thing doesn't factor in.

I've got a vivid enough imagination that I can imagine the CPU challenging a close play, and ultimately getting the call right.
Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

# 45 tnixen @ 03/03/15 10:22 PM
Was broadcast mode sped up to not show as much of the little things like around the horn after an out or Batter walk ups and so on? I really hope that is not the case as I love seeing those things played out fully. The reason I always use broadcast mode is for the real time aspect of it. And if a lot of those little things really are being skipped and sped up then that really sucks

Save the speed up and skipping for Fast Play mode please.

# 46 ClarkWGrizwold @ 03/03/15 10:27 PM
Very happy with the Mets jerseys correct this year. One thing I couldn't tell for sure but did Flores and Lagares get a updated face? Last year they were off.

# 47 My993C2 @ 03/03/15 10:32 PM
I am giving up on the stream ... I can't watch more than five seconds before it cuts out for about 10 seconds to load. Five seconds on ten seconds loading, five seconds on following by another 10 seconds to load five seconds. It's annoying as heck. But I am not blaming SCEA for my stream problems.

I did catch one thing from the stream that makes me happy. When the AI developer says "We are trying to make a simulation here" brings a smile to my face. Far too many sports games favor arcade game play over simulation. But clearly SCEA is trying to build the best sim that they can.

# 48 ShowTyme15 @ 03/03/15 10:36 PM
Did I hear Ramone say they are going to do streams everyday?

# 49 HozAndMoose @ 03/03/15 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Did I hear Ramone say they are going to do streams everyday?
I believe thats what he said. Not sure if it was every day until release or every day until the game is done.

# 50 vidgames @ 03/03/15 10:46 PM
Showtyme...you mean those gloves are not the gloves for you?

# 51 cepwin @ 03/03/15 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
finally get to see busch stadium, although its still has things wrong with it the ford truck sign in left center field hasn't been there since 2013, and it still annoying to see that they put current players on the left field wall, last year was the worse for it because they had every one picture last name on it except for allen craig , they had his first name on it, and then he gets traded half way thru the season, so you have a player on the wall who no longer plays for that team. makes no sense. It would look better and make more sense just to leave the left field wall blank (just a plain green wall) I also think the jumbotron/scoreboard needs to be significantly bigger anyone who has been to a game at busch can back me up on that their score board is huge in real life but look tiny in the game. sorry for the gripe, everyone has there own gripes about the game. Busch stadium is always my biggest gripe.
Makes sense to me..if you know the ballpark that well anything not 100% will stand out like a sore thumb. They should verify that any player, who is supposed to be a current player, whose likeness is painted on the fence or otherwise incorporated into the stadium model is still on the team.

# 52 ShowTyme15 @ 03/03/15 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
Showtyme...you mean those gloves are not the gloves for you?
They are perfect for me. Just a small observation I made which I clearly state can be fixed manually. I see you're still mad about the Mariners jersey comment from Earlier.......

# 53 Cowboy008 @ 03/03/15 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I think they're just going bonkers now with showing things off, and having fun with it because I believe the game is near gold status, so they're not as actively working on it as before (little touch ups here and there, and optimization), and you know they'll be taking a month or so off before picking up the pre development stages for 16 so they'll rest then.
I'm guessing they were also playing an older build of the game since when the check swing glitch happened Ramone said that has already been fixed.

# 54 ShowTyme15 @ 03/03/15 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I'm guessing they were also playing an older build of the game since when the check swing glitch happened Ramone said that has already been fixed.
They always play the most stable builds that are suitable for the streams I believe.

# 55 eaw913 @ 03/03/15 11:07 PM
I doubt any streams will be a non-WIP.

# 56 HozAndMoose @ 03/03/15 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Yankees
People always talk about things in Mlb the show that kill immersion, lol, a broken challenge system in Mlb 15 the show, isn't this the 10th anniversary edition? And instead of getting fundamentals correct they added a radio show, dont get me wrong, i know they try really hard to get things like uniform color and stuff right but man that is not good at all, i dont mean to sound rude, its just my opinion, thanks
How is it broken?

# 57 ShowTyme15 @ 03/03/15 11:20 PM
Quote:
People always talk about things in Mlb the show that kill immersion, lol, a broken challenge system in Mlb 15 the show, isn't this the 10th anniversary edition? And instead of getting fundamentals correct they added a radio show, dont get me wrong, i know they try really hard to get things like uniform color and stuff right but man that is not good at all, i dont mean to sound rude, its just my opinion, thanks

# 58 Sip_16 @ 03/03/15 11:30 PM
Quote:

# 59 mitchmest @ 03/03/15 11:31 PM
For the next stream tomorrow I would like to see either Red Sox (Porcello) @ Yankees (Tanaka) or Mariners (Hernandez) @ Blue Jays (Dickey) that would be cool

# 60 ShowTyme15 @ 03/03/15 11:40 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing a stream at Wrigley (see the renovations) or Citizens Bank at night (see the Bell lit up at night).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.