Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Sony San Diego is currently livestreaming MLB 15 The Show on Twitch.TV with the Senior A.I. Programmer and more. Make sure you check it out here or click the spoiler button to view the embedded stream.

For those of you that miss out, this post will get updated with the archive.

UPDATE: The archive is available now, it starts at roughly the 9:09 mark (spoiler button updated).

For mobile viewers, check it out here. Thanks HozAndMoose!

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 mitchmest @ 03/03/15 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Wouldn't mind seeing a stream at Wrigley (see the renovations) or Citizens Bank at night (see the Bell lit up at night).
LOL but who wants to see the Phillies anyway they are terrible! They could do two other teams at Citizens Bank

# 62 SmashMan @ 03/03/15 11:54 PM
Quote:
Wouldn't mind seeing a stream at Wrigley (see the renovations)
Not if they had to remove them.

I guess I can still hold out hope that they have the complete 2006 bleacher expansion that hadn't made it into The Show yet.

# 63 ShowTyme15 @ 03/03/15 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Not if they had to remove them.

I guess I can still hold out hope that they have the complete 2006 bleacher expansion that hadn't made it into The Show yet.
They took the jumbotrons out. I'm assuming the other renovations made it in still.

# 64 HozAndMoose @ 03/03/15 11:59 PM
Expect this to take around 2 hours to even process 360p.

# 65 SmashMan @ 03/04/15 12:05 AM
Quote:
They took the jumbotrons out. I'm assuming the other renovations made it in still.
For game purposes, there isn't much more to see than that. Script signage in the outfield, and maybe the bullpens were moved? Many of the actual renovations are stadium things that wouldn't be featured in the game.

# 66 ShowTyme15 @ 03/04/15 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
For game purposes, there isn't much more to see than that. Script signage in the outfield, and maybe the bullpens were moved? Many of the actual renovations are stadium things that wouldn't be featured in the game.
OF Lights....... Also did they make some changes in CF with the batters eye?

# 67 SmashMan @ 03/04/15 12:21 AM
Quote:
OF Lights....... Also did they make some changes in CF with the batters eye?
The green banner that has "Chicago Cubs" on it is supposed to be an LED ribbon board, but since we haven't seen it in real life yet, I'm assuming it would be a static image in-game. I guess I'll see if they show it off on Thursday.

# 68 WaitTilNextYear @ 03/04/15 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I think they're just going bonkers now with showing things off, and having fun with it because I believe the game is near gold status, so they're not as actively working on it as before (little touch ups here and there, and optimization), and you know they'll be taking a month or so off before picking up the pre development stages for 16 so they'll rest then.
I highly doubt that! More likely is that all the devs are sleeping 3-4 hours per night and trying to hammer on any bugs, get everything working, and start optimizing. This is probably their craziest time of the year, imo.

These streams are all marketing. They are just trying to get their core fan base stoked as can be to ensure the best pre-order and Day 1 sales that they can get. I'm sure they also know that public opinion trends about whether a game is good or not are set on sites like this and others like it, so they are testing to see what we "like" and if they find it, they'll try to advertise more of it.

Sure, this sounds like a cynical analysis (and it is), but they're also a solid group of devs who seem like a fun bunch and want to make a good game in addition to what their business people are telling them to do.

# 69 Hockeynut99 @ 03/04/15 02:01 AM
I have no idea how you get a computer AI to challenge a close call that would not go in their favor.

# 70 Gagnon39 @ 03/04/15 02:05 AM
May sound silly but the one thing that I was most pleased with in this video is that they FINALLY have "Official Major League Baseball" on the actual baseball and the commissioners signature. Used to be that there was just a MLB logo. I've always wondered why it didn't have the other writing that was on there.

# 71 geisterhome @ 03/04/15 05:59 AM
LOVE those streams! So good entertainment. Game looks gorgeous.

# 72 SVCbearcat10 @ 03/04/15 08:24 AM
The level of transparency is amazing. It's nice to hear them talk about what they've worked on or tried to make better. Like the decision branches for animations, how they keep adding to them to make everything flow more smoothly. That's why the game looks more crisp than last year. I think a lot of people don't realize that a lot of effort goes into that kind of stuff when they complain about missing items like uniforms or retractable roofs (which have no effect on gameplay). So much goes on under the hood that they have been showing us that it's unfair when people say it's basically the same game and they didn't do much.

# 73 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/04/15 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
Wish I could double like this one. "The P.T.A. has dis-banded!! Ah, Ahh, AAAHHHHH (crash)!"

Back on topic, loving the streams, loving the detail that the devs are going into as to what they are working on, how they accomplish certain elements, etc. Both this stream and the character design stream were great!

# 74 Dolenz @ 03/04/15 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Why was John Lackey in the bullpen??
I went back and watched.
Cardinals Pitching rotation was

Wainwright
Lynn
Wacha
Carlos Martinez
Jamie Garcia

Garcia at 78 was ranked higher than Lackey's 75

# 75 Pared @ 03/04/15 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
I have no idea how you get a computer AI to challenge a close call that would not go in their favor.
This could be really simple. Put a randomizer in its decision making. The game knows when to trigger the event. When it's on the CPU side you randomize whether they challenge the call.

Unless they haven't coded in bad calls purposefully for the CPU side. Then it's more work than I'm describing.

# 76 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/04/15 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
This could be really simple. Put a randomizer in its decision making. The game knows when to trigger the event. When it's on the CPU side you randomize whether they challenge the call.

Unless they haven't coded in bad calls purposefully for the CPU side. Then it's more work than I'm describing.
You sound like you've coded before... srand()

# 77 Flaxseed Oil @ 03/04/15 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmest
For the next stream tomorrow I would like to see either Red Sox (Porcello) @ Yankees (Tanaka) or Mariners (Hernandez) @ Blue Jays (Dickey) that would be cool

Seriously. Would love to finally get that Yankees vs. Red Sox matchup. DYING to see Tanaka.

# 78 HustlinOwl @ 03/04/15 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
May sound silly but the one thing that I was most pleased with in this video is that they FINALLY have "Official Major League Baseball" on the actual baseball and the commissioners signature. Used to be that there was just a MLB logo. I've always wondered why it didn't have the other writing that was on there.
lol, I mentioned this in the stream as well

# 79 NAFBUC @ 03/04/15 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Was broadcast mode sped up to not show as much of the little things like around the horn after an out or Batter walk ups and so on? I really hope that is not the case as I love seeing those things played out fully. The reason I always use broadcast mode is for the real time aspect of it. And if a lot of those little things really are being skipped and sped up then that really sucks

Save the speed up and skipping for Fast Play mode please.
This started last year when slowmode was not an option. I also would like to have gameplay, batter walkups etc play out with the option of simply pressing the controller button to bypass if that is what you want.

# 80 mitchmest @ 03/04/15 10:17 AM
Hey Ramone, seems like a lot of people have been itching to see Red Sox vs Yankees with Tanaka pitching. Think you could do that match up on today's stream? Much appreciated.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.