Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Sony San Diego is currently livestreaming MLB 15 The Show on Twitch.TV with the Senior A.I. Programmer and more. Make sure you check it out here or click the spoiler button to view the embedded stream.

For those of you that miss out, this post will get updated with the archive.

UPDATE: The archive is available now, it starts at roughly the 9:09 mark (spoiler button updated).

For mobile viewers, check it out here. Thanks HozAndMoose!

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Mercury112491 @ 03/04/15 10:34 AM
Count me in the group that would love to see Tanaka

# 82 aguero90 @ 03/04/15 10:38 AM
Lol, never mind seeing him today, I hope we see him all year!!

# 83 ajblithe20 @ 03/04/15 10:38 AM
I'd love for them to play with Tanaka... So long as he gets the loss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 84 mitchmest @ 03/04/15 10:44 AM
Tanaka's face/pitching motion look out of this world better this year than last year. It actually looks like him this year.

# 85 OhDaesu19 @ 03/04/15 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Related to gameplay, I asked the question but did not get an answer in the Twitch stream. Have they toned down/fixed the pickoff throws into the stands by both CPU and human pitchers?

C
I love this game, get it every year but this is the one thing that drives me crazy. If this is fixed, heck just remove it competitively, the game would be perfect for me.

sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

# 86 HustlinOwl @ 03/04/15 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhDaesu19
I love this game, get it every year but this is the one thing that drives me crazy. If this is fixed, heck just removed it competitively the game would be perfect for me.

sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk
several community day members said they noticed it was toned down

# 87 decga @ 03/04/15 10:57 AM
Hey everyone what I take away from these streams that Kirby is the best player of the game on the staff or so it seems... Great watch as always. It is really going to be amazing keeping Heyward and Upton on my currently playing 14' franchise into this new product.

# 88 aguero90 @ 03/04/15 10:58 AM
Along those lines, was it just me, or did the CPU in 14 throw over way too much, before throwing the first pitch!

# 89 Armor and Sword @ 03/04/15 11:47 AM
I am watching this entire stream and the game looks brilliant.

I am seeing smoother fielding animations and they are (manual) fielding. Imagine auto fielding with all the new animations. You will see the full power of what these guys have improved upon with auto fielding. They talked about jumping catches....and doing that manually in the infield is really really hard. But when you have auto fielding on you see things you probably would never see with human input. I know some want full control....but the majesty of this games animation engine really shines on auto fielding (and you can manual throw).

I am seeing the outfield speed differences, I am not seeing every routine grounder being a close play all the time.

Just major improvements that veterans of this game will really appreciate. I just can't wait to play it myself and feel the difference. I could tell I am going to feel a really nice step up from MLB 14.

Outstanding job guys. Just outstanding.

# 90 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/04/15 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
They talked about jumping catches....and doing that manually in the infield is really really hard.
I agree, and would add that all jumping and diving catches and stops are hard to execute on manual (assist) fielding. But when you make that perfect jumping catch on a liner, diving stop on a grounder, diving grab in the outfield, or the highlight reel wall climb catch to rob a homer, it feels oooh, so good...

# 91 bigwill33 @ 03/04/15 12:00 PM
Something that has bothered me from the streams is that I am having a hard time telling when batters are fouling off balls at the plate.

Hoping that it is just because I am not playing myself, but the way the camera is setup and the post pitch reactions I cannot get a grasp on a swing and a miss versus a foul back or out of play when the camera doesn't follow the ball.

Not sure if it is just me or if others have had the same issues.

# 92 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/04/15 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Thats good news. Honestly, it should be removed. Or maybe 1 in 100 throws over he throws it away...but not in the stands! It just does not happen as currently reflected in MLB14.

C
Leave it in, make it much, much less frequent, and change it to a ball in the dirt that skips past the first baseman (since in real life, most throw-aways on pick offs at first base are of this variety). Yeah, the launch into the crowd rarely ever happens in real life.

# 93 Sip_16 @ 03/04/15 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Something that has bothered me from the streams is that I am having a hard time telling when batters are fouling off balls at the plate.

Hoping that it is just because I am not playing myself, but the way the camera is setup and the post pitch reactions I cannot get a grasp on a swing and a miss versus a foul back or out of play when the camera doesn't follow the ball.

Not sure if it is just me or if others have had the same issues.
I thought that too but then also realized that you would hear the sound of the bat on a foul if you were playing yourself with the sound more amplified then watching the stream.

# 94 bigwill33 @ 03/04/15 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
I thought that too but then also realized that you would hear the sound of the bat on a foul if you were playing yourself with the sound more amplified then watching the stream.
That is true and a good point.

And the stuff fouled into the dirt is easy to pick up on. Just wished that it was more prevalent on the line drives hit back to the net and what not.

# 95 MrOldboy @ 03/04/15 01:14 PM
All I have left to see is what Wrigley looks like in the game this year. They showed off Busch last stream so why not Wrigley since that is probably the most drastic change from last year.

# 96 Blzer @ 03/04/15 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
All I have left to see is what Wrigley looks like in the game this year. They showed off Busch last stream so why not Wrigley since that is probably the most drastic change from last year.
Personally I'd like to see if there were any color corrections made to Chase Field (though they have explained why the wall colors were different for their games in the past, I'm curious if their new algorithm has addressed this). Of course, it would be a bigger thing to look at if they had the closed roof, but that's not in this year.

So I'd agree, either Wrigley or maybe PETCO Park with the outfield/bullpen/scoreboard changes, plus the new-look Padres. Heck, they can square off against the new-look Cubs.

Whatever the case, let's see an 11:00 or 4:00 start!

# 97 bigwill33 @ 03/04/15 01:27 PM
Kirby hits with pitchers about as well as I seem to during my franchise.

I am way more selective with them and work the counts and then use contact and defend the plate. My pitchers are constantly drawing walks or reaching base via the hit.

# 98 bluclws22 @ 03/04/15 01:30 PM
I would so want to take on Kirby in this game. I hope the devs give us a chance to do so after launch lol.

# 99 kehlis @ 03/04/15 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
This is what's bothering me about the CPU not making challenges. Woodweaver himself said the AI gets the right call. But the user doesn't? How is this fair? The CPU always gets the right call, but the user has to know when the umpire gets the call wrong to use their challenges? And if we choose not to challenge a play and the call was wrong, we as the user are stuck with the wrong call, but the CPU never is? This doesn't seem fair at all. And, in year's past, the developers always said the game cannot differentiate between which team is the user and which team is the CPU. This doesn't seem true this year based on this challenge logic?

You don't choose anything.

Challenges are done automatically.

# 100 Blzer @ 03/04/15 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You don't choose anything.

Challenges are done automatically.
I think the automation comes in the form of whether or not the game allows you to challenge, though. It won't automatically challenge for you if you don't want to lose your challenge, of course. As I see it, we simply can't will our manager out there on our own.

Anyone remember 2K6 when you could argue calls? That was kind of fun. You got to try and argue by tapping A/X or something and keep it within a certain meter so your team could get a morale boost and your manager wouldn't be ejected. I forget if the game prompted when we wanted to argue as well. I believe it did.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.