Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Sony San Diego is currently livestreaming MLB 15 The Show on Twitch.TV with the Senior A.I. Programmer and more. Make sure you check it out here or click the spoiler button to view the embedded stream.

For those of you that miss out, this post will get updated with the archive.

UPDATE: The archive is available now, it starts at roughly the 9:09 mark (spoiler button updated).

For mobile viewers, check it out here. Thanks HozAndMoose!

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Jaystar8083 @ 03/04/15 02:55 PM
Why do you guys think stats in this game never get any attention? Just wondering. Such a stat driven game.

# 122 thaSLAB @ 03/04/15 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Just turn it into a domed stadium!
But then it would always be open in the game...

# 123 thaSLAB @ 03/04/15 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
And this is precisely my point. The manager automatically comes out but we as the user have to be able to discern whether or not to challenge the play. And if we choose not to and the call was wrong, we're forced to stick with the bad call, whereas the CPU doesn't have to worry about this because . . . well, the call is always right, as per Woodweaver.

Yeah, that "other person" was me. Teehee! Thanks!

That makes the challenges system completely pointless. Well, it's not fair to the user, so let's just shut it off. But I want realism and realistically, umpires make bad calls so I want to keep it on. But now I'm immediately at a disadvantage because I can still get screwed with bad calls whereas the CPU cannot.
Problem solved:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Something I was thinking of, if you turn close plays off does that take away the challenge system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Yes.

So if anyone feels there is any unfairness, there you go.

Thanks for the tee up.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 124 Jaystar8083 @ 03/04/15 03:02 PM
I wish they would fix the pitching and hitting match-ups late in a game in key situations. Drives me crazy when they take out a right reliever in favor of another righty reliever when you have up a lefty that destroys righty pitching. Wonder why that has never been fixed year after year. No situational pitching present.

# 125 tnixen @ 03/04/15 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SCEA_Sports
Someone else on here mentioned this as well, and I agree.

I just added those anims to the list to recapture for next year and add more variety.

Thanks for the input.
That's great to hear already something to look forward to next year

The more variety in gameplay animations the better!

# 126 Shaffer26 @ 03/04/15 03:23 PM
Any idea on what time the stream will be for today?

# 127 kehlis @ 03/04/15 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
Any idea on what time the stream will be for today?

No stream today.

# 128 bcruise @ 03/04/15 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Yes.

So if anyone feels there is any unfairness, there you go.

Thanks for the tee up.
Thanks for keeping that option in. It's true umpires make bad calls of course, but the end result now is almost always eventually getting the call right, and that's all that really matters to me.

I'll still give the feature a shot once I'm playing the game.

# 129 Shaffer26 @ 03/04/15 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No stream today.
Yep, just saw that actually. Bummer.

# 130 Blzer @ 03/04/15 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Double down the line.
What was the time stamp on it?

# 131 mitchmest @ 03/04/15 04:11 PM
Where did you see there was no stream today? Bummer.

# 132 ShowTyme15 @ 03/04/15 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I honestly don't remember. There were also doubles in the gap on multiple occasions as well. Saw a bloop hit by Michael Wacha as well.

# 133 Shaffer26 @ 03/04/15 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmest
Where did you see there was no stream today? Bummer.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...eam-today.html

# 134 mitchmest @ 03/04/15 04:23 PM
Can't wait to see all the stadiums tomorrow in the stream, and to see all detail improvements they have made

# 135 seanjeezy @ 03/04/15 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
It was a line drive with some slice

# 136 MrOldboy @ 03/04/15 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I honestly don't remember. There were also doubles in the gap on multiple occasions as well. Saw a bloop hit by Michael Wacha as well.
If you mean fly ball or line drive down the line, sure, I saw one of those maybe. But I have yet to see any ground ball doubles down the lines, which the game sorely excludes from existence.

# 137 mitchmest @ 03/04/15 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I'm just looking forward to hopefully seeing it all optimized. Russell any hope?
Me too, but I'm sure most of the streams will be a WIP until most likely maybe a week or so before release.

# 138 Russell_SCEA @ 03/04/15 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmest
Can't wait to see all the stadiums tomorrow in the stream, and to see all detail improvements they have made
Stadium Stream has been moved to next Tuesday.

# 139 Russell_SCEA @ 03/04/15 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I'm just looking forward to hopefully seeing it all optimized. Russell any hope?
Everything is pretty much optimized now.

# 140 nemesis04 @ 03/04/15 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Let me reiterate what I said in my last post, seeing as you clearly missed it:

Quote:
That makes the challenges system completely pointless. Well, it's not fair to the user, so let's just shut it off. But I want realism and realistically, umpires make bad calls so I want to keep it on. But now I'm immediately at a disadvantage because I can still get screwed with bad calls whereas the CPU cannot.
When you played with close plays on last year did you feel you were at a disadvantage? If anything now you have the ability to correct some blown calls that went against you. With close plays on last year was the CPU affected?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.