Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

For those of you that missed the MLB 15 The Show livestream on IGN earlier this afternoon, they have uploaded it to their YouTube channel. It features the Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Washington Nationals, Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Diego Padres and some Road to The Show.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 nemesis04 @ 03/11/15 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfarrow
Also wondering about this - would add so much to the game in RTTS and future years of franchise (not to mention OSFM).

Anyone know anything?
Ramone mentioned in the stream that the created players would have more skin tone options.

# 42 zfarrow @ 03/11/15 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Ramone mentioned in the stream that the created players would have more skin tone options.
that's wonderful news!

# 43 LastActionHero @ 03/11/15 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
The stream made me realize that I really want new "MLB the Show" intro/outro music. You know the one.

Yeah this is on my list as well. With all the "game getting stale" comments in the past few years I thought this would be the first thing they'd adress

# 44 Blzer @ 03/11/15 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Yeah this is on my list as well. With all the "game getting stale" comments in the past few years I thought this would be the first thing they'd adress
Along with a new PA announcer. I know they have an in-house guy doing it now, and they can continue to do that... but a new one with more authenticity brought to PA announcing. Or at least change the filter so it doesn't sound like he's speaking through a toilet paper roll.

# 45 crazymallard @ 03/11/15 09:55 AM
I may have missed this being mentioned before, but I'm also looking forward to being able to see spray charts for all of the hitters this year. I'm not even sure how often I'll use the information, but having it readily available is a nice touch.

# 46 dazzelle @ 03/11/15 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Its one of those small cosmetic things that is fine and works well but a change would me nice.
I would also add stadium advertising to the list, its not broken or bad but would be nice to see less The Show,MLB ect. type advertising.Maybe with the licensed equipment they could get some of those brands in the stadiums.

# 47 ped3328 @ 03/11/15 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyf105
Goldschmidt running across the pitchers mound?! Really?! Player's get beaned if they did that in real life!
Shades of A-Rod in 2010 against the A's !

# 48 ARoid1313 @ 03/11/15 10:58 AM
Home run cut scene is exactly the same .. And so is the intro cut scene . Although I appreciate some of the small additions it's hard not to think you are watching mlb 14, or to a lesser degree mlb13

# 49 hogfanhw81 @ 03/11/15 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyf105
Goldschmidt running across the pitchers mound?! Really?! Player's get beaned if they did that in real life!
I noticed that also!

# 50 Mgbleu1986 @ 03/11/15 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
Home run cut scene is exactly the same .. And so is the intro cut scene . Although I appreciate some of the small additions it's hard not to think you are watching mlb 14, or to a lesser degree mlb13
Yup, exactly my thoughts

# 51 JHedges2 @ 03/11/15 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
They were at August 5th in the franchise. That is normal for big names to go on waivers. After July 31st it is the revocable waiver period.

EXAMPLE just this past season both Bryce Harper and Stephen Strasburg were put on waivers in August in real life. Both were pulled back when they got claimed.
Can you elaborate more on this? I am unfamiliar with how it would work should someone 'claim' Harper or Strasburg during 'revocable waiver period'.

TIA.

# 52 Armor and Sword @ 03/11/15 11:35 AM
Great stream. So much to love with 15.

A little thing that I am really happy about is the field positioning bug on the bottom left....and being able to switch positioning on the fly.

Huge thing as it was clunky in 14 and I like I can just see it in real time and make that change on the fly with a much more simplified menu.

Awesome touch.

# 53 nemesis04 @ 03/11/15 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Great stream. So much to love with 15.

A little thing that I am really happy about is the field positioning bug on the bottom left....and being able to switch positioning on the fly.

Huge thing as it was clunky in 14 and I like I can just see it in real time and make that change on the fly with a much more simplified menu.

Awesome touch.
It is a nice addition, one thing I did suggest is they give a description of what the defense is actually in because in certain situations it is hard to tell what they are doing based on the graphic alone. I hope that can be added next year.

# 54 ShowTyme15 @ 03/11/15 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Can you elaborate more on this? I am unfamiliar with how it would work should someone 'claim' Harper or Strasburg during 'revocable waiver period'.

TIA.
If someone claims a player during revocable waivers the teams involved can workout a trade or pull the player back. 9 times out of 10 the player is pulled back.

# 55 thaSLAB @ 03/11/15 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
If someone claims a player during revocable waivers the teams involved can workout a trade or pull the player back. 9 times out of 10 the player is pulled back.
To add to this, revocable waivers can kind of be looked at as a "gauging of interest" waiver; for a team to see what a player is worth in the trade market.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 56 ShowTyme15 @ 03/11/15 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
To add to this, revocable waivers can kind of be looked at as a "gauging of interest" waiver; for a team to see what a player is worth in the trade market.

This is correct. This is common practice for teams each August. Most if not all teams put their big name players or high price guys on revocable waivers to gauge their value and interest from other teams. They are always pulled back. Very rare that a big name guy gets traded during revocable waiver period. The last time a big name was dealt was 2012 when the Dodgers and Red Sox made the big trade involving Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, and Josh Beckett.

# 57 LastActionHero @ 03/11/15 12:04 PM
So now we're almost there I wonder what this years intro will be like. I really liked last years version but 13 is still on top of my list

# 58 adh5199 @ 03/11/15 12:19 PM
I really like the fact that during exhibition, we can now chose from time of year and several different start times rather than just day or night. I believe this was something that Ramone and the team added late because when the first Q&A came out, I asked Ramone if we would be able to select time of year or specific times for our games and he said no. If they did add this after the fact, that is awesome and just goes further to prove why I love this development team! The game looked and played beautifully yesterday! Keep up the good work guys!

# 59 Mgbleu1986 @ 03/11/15 12:28 PM
Now strictly speaking on presentation, I wish the Show would take some notes from Pro Baseball Spirits. If no one has ever played or seen this game, check it out. Makes the Show's presentation look childish.

# 60 thaSLAB @ 03/11/15 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbleu1986
Now strictly speaking on presentation, I wish the Show would take some notes from Pro Baseball Spirits. If no one has ever played or seen this game, check it out. Makes the Show's presentation look childish.
In what way is that?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.