Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 patch #4 has been released for PlayStation 4 and PC users. It is not available yet for Xbox One users. The patch primarily addresses the shoe issues in the game, more specifically in MyCAREER mode. You can see the workaround here.

After you download it, let us know what you are seeing. Once 2K releases the patch notes, we will update this post.

UPDATE: (via @Ronnie2K) Another thing addressed last night was fix to deal w/ rare occurrences that led to NBA 2K15 MyPARK rep being stuck. Should no longer happen.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Trackball @ 03/13/15 02:06 AM
Downloading the patch right now. Wow, didn't expect there to be another--seriously, props to 2K for there being one this late at all.

But anyway...do player-locked centers and PFs (such as in MyCareer) still pull down 30 boards a game? Can anyone with the patch tell?

# 102 Jrocc23 @ 03/13/15 02:07 AM
I'm hearing a lot of bad things about the shooting in that patch. 2K please fix it before it comes to X1. That's one thing I hate about patches man. It's always something.

# 103 Smallville102001 @ 03/13/15 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kackle85
Any chance the regression issue was tweaked?

This is the only thing left that I really want to be fixed.

# 104 Aviator S @ 03/13/15 02:19 AM
Cant believe no one mentioned this but the small hiccup dribling animation after letting go of the sprint button R2/RT appears to be gone!! Good work Beluba!!

# 105 TheBigTicket205 @ 03/13/15 02:29 AM
Downloading the patch for my ps4 now... Judging by the post its gonna be awhile... I mainly play on my XB1 though.... I dont understand why its always the last to get the patches... Whatever just hope it's worth all this waiting!

# 106 CaseIH @ 03/13/15 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTicket205
Downloading the patch for my ps4 now... Judging by the post its gonna be awhile... I mainly play on my XB1 though.... I dont understand why its always the last to get the patches... Whatever just hope it's worth all this waiting!

With the old consoles it use to be the PS3 was the last too get the patch. Not sure but I think 2k now uses the PS4 and ports it to the Xbox1, where before it was made for the 360 and prted to the PS3. That might be why the PS4 is getting the patches sooner, although I don't know that to be the reason.

It will definitely be a while before its downloaded unfortunately,lol. I didn't think mine was ever going to finish.

# 107 Yantropov @ 03/13/15 02:49 AM
Did they fix the bug that make your GM freeze when using a custom roster?

# 108 Snrubby @ 03/13/15 02:57 AM
Might have to hold off on the mypark/online games for now.

I didn't think anything was wrong with the shot releases pre-patch 4, but now it's just way too easy to score a green release. I'm not really a fan of how much more control you get of the player. Sure it's harder in 2k15 to move around the court due to a heavier emphasis on momentum, but this patch really decreases that so-called momentum.

Before this patch, 2k15 took skill in terms of shot releases and handling player speeds/adjusting to player momentum. Post-patch, consider that skill null.

# 109 yungsta404 @ 03/13/15 03:10 AM
The problem is tied to green releases being guaranteed to go in.

The patch has made green releases happen at a much higher frequency. It is now possible to get green releases on contested shots which has made the jumpshooting percentages completely out of whack. I was even able to get a green release on a leaning jumpshot with 2 people in my face.

# 110 dwayne12345 @ 03/13/15 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
I'm interested in this issue, and have a few theories:
- The substitution logic will bring a player with 0 minutes into the game if it goes into garbage time, and unfortunately sometimes it might be an injured player. We're aware of the issue and have some fixes planned (can't make any promises for this year). This should never happen for a player that isn't in the top 13 in the rotation, as at that point he's not even brought to the arena, let alone allowed to be substituted in. But if he's top-13 and 0 minutes, he might still play sometimes if all the top rotation players are sat down to rest, which is unfortunate for injured players.
- Another way an out-of-rotation injured player can aggravate is through training. Make sure to select Injury Rehab under Physical training. If aggravations are happening even with players that are focusing on Rehab, I definitely would like to hear about it, because that's not an issue I'm aware of.

Any more detailed information about the player's rotation spot and minutes and training regime when the aggravation happened would be helpful, but rest assured this is an issue we're looking to fix.
I think he's just not changing his training type.

However I did run into an issue where I gave Russell Westbrook his broken hand injury in my Custom Roster for 30 days and the CPU controlled OKC ended up keeping him out until the All-Star break in MyGM.

I also saw it with a few other players where I give them injuries before starting the mode and their injury time remains at whatever it started as for the entirety of the season.

# 111 Kurupt_XxX @ 03/13/15 04:58 AM
Just played a Jordan Rec center game. No body misses. Every three and contested shot went in, all mid range jumpers went in. Pretty boring now that defense doesn't actually matter. 2k really messed up. Terrible patch.

# 112 AceDawg5 @ 03/13/15 05:14 AM
I play My League and My Career and I've definitely noticed higher shooting percentages by both user and CPU teams after the patch. In My League I'm going to have to change my sliders again, but not much can be done about My Career. Pretty much just have to average 60 ppg, teammates have been able to hit some shots tho that's 1 positive.

# 113 Jrocc23 @ 03/13/15 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
Just played a Jordan Rec center game. No body misses. Every three and contested shot went in, all mid range jumpers went in. Pretty boring now that defense doesn't actually matter. 2k really messed up. Terrible patch.

One more person that has credibility with me about 2K.

Upset to hear that, man. I am hoping 2K does take a few weeks to drop the patch for Xbox One or postpone it like they did with the last one.

Hopefully, they don't leave it that way.

# 114 Leftos @ 03/13/15 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
I think he's just not changing his training type.

However I did run into an issue where I gave Russell Westbrook his broken hand injury in my Custom Roster for 30 days and the CPU controlled OKC ended up keeping him out until the All-Star break in MyGM.

I also saw it with a few other players where I give them injuries before starting the mode and their injury time remains at whatever it started as for the entirety of the season.
Appreciate it, I'll have to remember to take a look at that once I'm back from vacation.

# 115 ballstreet2k @ 03/13/15 06:05 AM
So... can we get Swagger now?

# 116 Janster_LE @ 03/13/15 06:26 AM
NBA 2K15 PC:

Some people already got the patch? I'm not receiving it via steam, nor via the game

# 117 Taer @ 03/13/15 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster_LE
NBA 2K15 PC:

Some people already got the patch? I'm not receiving it via steam, nor via the game
Yes. Try restarting Steam.

# 118 Andreas85 @ 03/13/15 06:56 AM
Just to be clear, after the patch is it simply easier to get exellent releases or are yellow shots going in at a higher precentage aswell?

# 119 Janster_LE @ 03/13/15 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Yes. Try restarting Steam.
na, not working. Tried to set updates on high priority, but that doesn't help either.

# 120 Andreas85 @ 03/13/15 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
A little of both. You'll definitely see more green releases...but you'll also see more yellow shots that are contested and defended go in.
Ah, this is what i was afraid of. I'm already tired of people getting bailed out for taking bad shots. I guess it's even worse now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.