Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

With EA Sports and Tiger Woods mutually parting ways, back in October 2013, Rory McIlroy becomes the new face in EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, first reported by Polygon. Check out the trailer here and some new screenshots here.

EA Sports has posted some more details on their official EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR website, as well as a few features. By pre-ordering the game, you will receive TPC Scottsdale as a bonus.

Welcome to the Next Generation of Golf
Break free from what you think a golf game can be. Frostbite creates a new world, where you experience every detail – breathing life into the courses, players and crowds in ways you’ve never seen before. All this, with no load times between holes or interruptions in the action. Allowing you to enjoy your game the way you want.

Golf Reimagined
You’re one button away from everything in the game. Do it all, see it all – seamlessly without waiting. Immerse yourself in the world’s most beautiful courses – with new commentary from two of golf's most insightful broadcasters – Frank Nobilo and Rich Lerner.

Be a PGA TOUR Pro
Your golfer – made your way. Tense realistic scenarios, placing you in the heat of the moment. Play golf’s biggest tournaments as you progress and build your own PGA TOUR legacy.

Take on the World
For the love of competition. Play in weekly, daily or hourly tournaments and climb the leaderboard to prove you are master of the links.

Golf.Evolved
Connect with the emotion of hitting the perfect shot and golf your way with three unique swing mechanics and fully customizable gameplay styles.

Golf with Personality
Take a break from the expected and enter "The Night Club" to play over 170 unique challenges, equipped with over-the-top gameplay boosts. Take a step off the traditional cart path and compete with big personalities on even BIGGER Fantasy Courses.

Quote:
EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR sounds better than any golf game before it, thanks to all-new commentary from Frank Nobilo and Rich Lerner of Golf Channel. Frank and Rich will bring both playful banter and historical references to the broadcast booth, just like fans hear on tour.

Outdoor environments are Frostbite 3’s specialty, making it the perfect fit for golf. The power of the engine allows us to include the little things to create denser environments. From pinecones to butterflies – the game feels more alive than ever before. Thanks to Frostbite 3, the traditional (and infamous) 30-seconds-per-hole load times are gone, and entire courses now load at once. Trade-in time saved (est. 10–15 minutes per 18-hole round) to cut full rounds in half.

Wolf Creek and TPC Sawgrass have been revealed, with more courses expected to be shown in the near future. The team also plans to release the entire roster in the coming weeks as well.

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 1 kehlis @ 03/16/15 01:02 PM
Tiger's gotta be pissed.

# 2 jb12780 @ 03/16/15 01:11 PM
I'm not shocked. Rory is the new face of golf.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

# 3 jbd345 @ 03/16/15 01:14 PM
Eh not sure how I feel about this. Was hopeig they'd go back and keep at 'pga tour'

# 4 SinisterAlex @ 03/16/15 01:18 PM
The name just rolls off the tongue doesn't it....

Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour...

# 5 jbd345 @ 03/16/15 01:27 PM
a lot more info over at the ea site. Looks like integration and commentary are from the golf channel. And there is a short comparison video of wolf creek from tw 14 and this one, and it looks absolutely fantastic.

# 6 JODYE @ 03/16/15 01:30 PM
I don't care who it's named after as long as the game play is less arcadey and the tour mode is more in depth.

# 7 Steve_OS @ 03/16/15 01:38 PM
Updated OP. Rich Lerner and Frank Nobilo are the commentators in the game.

# 8 blingballa333 @ 03/16/15 01:54 PM

# 9 JODYE @ 03/16/15 02:26 PM

Swing animation already looks 100 times better. Looks like there is actually some speed/force behind it.

# 10 OnlookerDelay @ 03/16/15 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13

Swing animation already looks 100 times better. Looks like there is actually some speed/force behind it.
The swing animation does look a lot better. This was an impressive bit of video, but they're obviously still totally in love with the Follow Cam. I hope to goodness they're going to put some options for a reverse angle snap camera in this game! I thought it was cool to see people walking along the cartpath behind the green. I hope we're going to finally get to see golfers in action on adjacent holes, in addition to being able to see other player's in your group where they'd be standing in real life.

Wonder what they mean by one of their feature bullets - "three unique swing mechanics and fully customizable gameplay styles"? Kinect and Move certainly have to be among them, wouldn't you think?

# 11 IceNHL @ 03/16/15 03:06 PM
Cool wandering spectators

# 12 jbd345 @ 03/16/15 03:11 PM
Wow that was awesome. Agreed on the swing. That score overlay looks awfully familer too

# 13 Ronoko @ 03/16/15 03:36 PM
Looks interesting, may check it out. If they aren't going to commit to making a realistic golf game, might as well go full on arcade.....bring on the battleships.

# 14 Thrash13 @ 03/16/15 03:42 PM
It's been tough waiting a couple years between golf games, but from the little we've seen, the wait is going to be well worth it. The game looks outstanding, and no load times is just about enough to get excited about on its own. I'm excited to see more in-depth info on all the new features in the coming weeks and months.

The only downside for me is the inclusion of Rich Lerner. I watch A LOT of Golf Channel coverage on a weekly basis, and he's probably my least favorite of the entire group. I like Frank Nobilo though, and the fact Jim Nantz won't be in there is an improvement regardless. He was alright, but it was time for a change.

I'm hoping Augusta National is still in the game, but I just have a feeling it may not be.

# 15 BA2929 @ 03/16/15 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
The name just rolls off the tongue doesn't it....

Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour...

Worse than this?

Spoiler

# 16 blingballa333 @ 03/16/15 05:17 PM
Intrigued to say the least. Will be following this one closely...

# 17 jbd345 @ 03/16/15 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
I'm assuming that signing Rory had a lot to do with the negative reaction to the original announcement. Personally, I really like crazy minigames in my sports games, and the battleships didn't annoy me. I never thought they were ditching real courses and the PGA Tour.

But with a real pro on the box, it emphasizes that this is a PGA game first.
I think the battleship scene was just unexpected and as ea present it came off as a main feature and people didn't like it. Really excited for this game. Honestly not expecting it to be too different from last gen. But the stuff they posted today has been excellent. Can't wait for June.

# 18 Lisac @ 03/16/15 06:31 PM
To say I'm not worried how this game will turn out would be a utter lie.

EA has a bad track record with a games 1st cycle on a new system. Madden, Live, and NHL. I'm sooo hoping it won't be the same with this game as I've always liked their golf games. Keeping fingers crossed!

Personally I like Jordan Spieth Tour Golf better! Or Bubba Tour Golf!

# 19 fsufan4423 @ 03/16/15 06:31 PM
If I were Tiger, I would be stoked to get as far away from this series as possible. It's crazy to think anything golf and PGA related wouldn't have Tiger associated with it, but lets be honest....the game has been on par with NBA Live as major disappointments.

This trailer reminds me when the series first moved to the 360/PS3. I was so excited to get my hands on it, and when I did, its been down hill every since.

# 20 ManiacMatt1782 @ 03/16/15 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
I don't care who it's named after as long as the game play is less arcadey and the tour mode is more in depth.
Don't get your hopes up. The initial trailer was Battlefield 4 golf.
The EA way is in game purchases to boost attributes. Limited amount of courses so they can sell you more course packs later. You can guarandamtee they won't have a useful course creator like The Golf Club.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.