Home
News Post

Well, it appears that Joe Montana Football is a game -- of some sorts.

Joe Montana tweeted the above screenshot
out to the internet, which appears to be an in-game screenshot of a football game long rumored to be in the works. It also appears to dispel the 'NFL game in the works' rumors that were floating around the last week. The screenshot shows Joe Montana (or someone with his name and number as his skin color looks much darker than Montana's) rolling out with players blocking and stumbling around.

The teams are both generic, and the stadium itself looks generic as well, although that much isn't fully clear. The screenshot features the Unreal Engine logo, and appears to be quite detailed -- but there's no signs of whether this game is for consoles, mobile platforms, or PC. Although just one screenshot, it definitely isn't a huge leap over what is already on the market sports games wise just at first glance, so it's really impossible to tell if this is even a console title, although it'd be a very impressive looking mobile/tablet title if that is the case.

The player models themselves look like a cross between Backbreaker and the old 2K titles, with the tall and slender bodies vs. more realistic proportions. But hey, it's way too early to be breaking these things down.

As mentioned by jyoung...

Quote:
No sports games have come out yet on UE 4. Action Arcade Wrestling 3 is using it, but that game's still in development.

UE 3 was used in several sports games:
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (terrible)
  • WWE All Stars (pretty good)
  • Black College Football: The Xperience (subpar)
  • Kinect Big League Sports (never played it)
  • Real Boxing (never played it)
  • Lucha Libre: Heroes del Ring (never played it)
  • Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (never played it)
What do you see in the screenshot? Any clues as to what Joe Montana football is going to be at this point?

Member Comments
# 501 dietdoubledew @ 03/20/15 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxyyz1
the link doesnt match the one under the gif
That's because it was a duplicate post so it was deleted. Happens all the time on Reddit.

# 502 howboutdat @ 03/20/15 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
The source is just 'the post' though.
Maybe so . One thing i noticed in this that ive not seen other places, it says "And it was this last license which will resume thanks to an exclusive agreement with Microsoft . After 10 years in which EA Sports had the exclusive football league if he drew on all available platforms, Microsoft will take action on the matter and is expected to reject the new Madden for Xbox One opening the door to their own title licensed NFL ."

While i have my doubt about it, i sure would love to see this happen ,even if i dont have a xbox1 , just to kick maddens teeth in after running their mouth last year about "bring it on" talking about competition.I have not had any respect for Rex since he said it really. You buy an exclusive license then say bring on competition.If you man enough to welcome competition you would stop renewing.

# 503 mestevo @ 03/20/15 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Maybe so . One thing i noticed in this that ive not seen other places, it says "And it was this last license which will resume thanks to an exclusive agreement with Microsoft . After 10 years in which EA Sports had the exclusive football league if he drew on all available platforms, Microsoft will take action on the matter and is expected to reject the new Madden for Xbox One opening the door to their own title licensed NFL ."

While i to reserve doubt about it, i sure would love to see this happen ,even if i dont have a xbox1 , just to kick maddens teeth in after running their mouth last year about "bring it on" talking about competition.I have not had any respect for Rex since he said it really. You buy an exclusive license then say bring on competition.If you man enough to welcome competition you would stop renewing.
Doesn't make any sense. MS would probably lose more in licensing fees than they'd probably make from JM16 sales.

# 504 bucknell39 @ 03/20/15 01:57 PM
I use to hope that the anonymous post had some truth to it but I am now seeing that it is probably complete BS. If Microsoft is actually involved as publisher and looking to block Madden 16 from the Xbox then why would they wait until 3-4 weeks before distribution to unveil mind blowing details on their console selling game. That would make zero business sense. You would break the news as soon as possible so people could make plans to purchase the console and the game. I think the most likely possibility is the PFRPA license might be involved.

# 505 bkrich83 @ 03/20/15 02:02 PM
Quote:
Doesn't make any sense. MS would probably lose more in licensing fees than they'd probably make from JM16 sales.

Don't bring common sense in to this thread.

# 506 bkrich83 @ 03/20/15 02:05 PM
Quote:
well here is something to blow ya minds. While we all know this may sound like a long shot, there is a part of me that really hope this article posted is true . You will need to right click on the page once you open it and translate to english. http://akihabarablues.com/joe-montan...xbox-one-y-pc/

This may sound far fetched but the author of story was asked and replied its 99% credible and will present in E3 . Now If you read it , the part id love ,love ,love to see. Is where he says microsoft will deny madden 16 on xbox 1 ...... Now that would really throw a kink in the system..... I know , i know , sounds like some ish .... but right now , just think about it ....Madden needs a good swift kick in the nuts just like that.

Why in the hell would MS do that? Makes zero sense. I really can't believe right minded people give this stuff credence. Jiminy Christmas. .

# 507 howboutdat @ 03/20/15 02:08 PM
Quote:
true , and when i asked the author if his source was misterfootballsf, he linked me to an article that clearly reposted MisterFootballSF post from here. so yeah, booo. Haha, i felt like it might be but it did say something alittle different so had a tiny bit of hope for it,just because i want to see madden take the hit it deserves. One thing is always true, we reap what we sow, and well Maddens harvest will come , one way or another!

# 508 dxyyz1 @ 03/20/15 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknell39
I use to hope that the anonymous post had some truth to it but I am now seeing that it is probably complete BS. If Microsoft is actually involved as publisher and looking to block Madden 16 from the Xbox then why would they wait until 3-4 weeks before distribution to unveil mind blowing details on their console selling game. That would make zero business sense. You would break the news as soon as possible so people could make plans to purchase the console and the game. I think the most likely possibility is the PFRPA license might be involved.
that probably why the poster said he diagreed with the plan and said it wasnt reasonable. The only thing that is true about that thread at this point is how they are dragging basic info out lol.

# 509 23 @ 03/20/15 02:34 PM
I think its time to stop searching in every dark corner trying to find information. Just because some no name site has a name you've never seen from another country doesnt mean they have a leg up on anything at all.

Its sad that all of the stuff you've been looking for has been circled yet and still back to a troll post and the people working on the game won't even tell you a platform.

In the words of Chris Smoove, you got Cheesed

# 510 howboutdat @ 03/20/15 02:47 PM
10 -4 good buddy

# 511 bucknell39 @ 03/20/15 02:53 PM
It would be nice to have a true legends/retired players game. Pay a licensing fee to the PFRPA that helps the retired players with future medical problems. The Chariman of the Board is Jim Brown. Wonder if he would lend his likeness to a game that would support the cause?

# 512 brent3419 @ 03/20/15 03:44 PM
idk if its me or not but i just cant figure out how would
this game be an xbone/pc
exclusive when the nfl/ea has a deal with microsoft in the first place? that would be like if the show in this example was like madden and had sony as the "official console" and then were to make a game with ken griffey jr. wouldnt that hurt not only sale but the partnership as well? idk it just seem like alot of info for this game is being read into too much when grow hasnt stated anything as of yet

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

# 513 mestevo @ 03/20/15 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent3419
idk if its me or not but i just cant figure out how would
this game be an xbone/pc
exclusive when the nfl/ea has a deal with microsoft in the first place? that would be like if the show in this example was like madden and had sony as the "official console" and then were to make a game with ken griffey jr. wouldnt that hurt not only sale but the partnership as well? idk it just seem like alot of info for this game is being read into too much when grow hasnt stated anything as of yet

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
I don't think it's that complicated.

- MS/NFL partnership is for wide-ranging PR and technology: Custom Surface tablets and branding on the sidelines and replay booths, NFL app on the Xbox One, etc.

- The reason it could still be Xbox One/PC is if Microsoft is publishing or for their small team leaned on the common tools used for both Windows 10 and Xbox One development to release their title.

To your bold, that's one thing that is verifiably true.

# 514 howboutdat @ 03/20/15 04:01 PM
Quote:

While i have my doubt about it, i sure would love to see this happen .
Would love to point out, i was merley saying "what if" , not this is true or even i believe its true, if you would only read ..... so sorry for using a forum for thought . My bad.

# 515 tsbmolina @ 03/20/15 04:16 PM
Can we just close this thread already so that we may get another screenshot.

# 516 roadman @ 03/20/15 04:17 PM
I don't think it was anything personal.

People in general are so desperate for another NFL football game, searching google, trying to squeeze theories and ideas into something we know very little about.

Patience are wearing thin.

# 517 24 @ 03/20/15 04:41 PM
No point in keeping this open with pointless speculation running rampant. Lets wait until some more information is released.

# 518 aholbert32 @ 03/20/15 04:55 PM
I'll lock this one up since we no linger are talking about the screenshot.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.