Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 15 The Show trailer showing off the sights and sounds of Opening Day.

Source - PlayStation.Blog

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 JHedges2 @ 03/23/15 12:00 PM
Unreal.

1. More. Week.

# 2 HokieB @ 03/23/15 12:03 PM
That time lapse of Great American Ballpark is absolutely insane!

# 3 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/23/15 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I'm wondering if the standings boards that they have above the outfield bleachers will update correctly?

# 4 JHedges2 @ 03/23/15 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I'm wondering if the standings boards that they have above the outfield bleachers will update correctly?
Don't quote me, but I believe I saw that standings boards update, but other game scores don't...?

Again, don't quote me but I think I recall reading that...

# 5 Hender3 @ 03/23/15 01:10 PM
Great American Ball Park.

Enough said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 6 Jeter2 @ 03/23/15 01:16 PM
Is the shot where the runner slides into 2nd in game? The dirt texture looks a little too good

# 7 eaw913 @ 03/23/15 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeter2
Is the shot where the runner slides into 2nd in game? The dirt texture looks a little too good
I think we will be pleasantly surprised at the graphical jump this year. I've seen several streams where they've mentioned how much more we'll notice once we get the game in our hands.

Also, believe it or not.. the coloring of the grass and dirt plays a huge role in realism. I was taken out a bit in MLB 14 because the colors are just so off in some stadiums, plus the lighting. Those two things being corrected will make a ridiculous amount of difference.

# 8 Cowboy008 @ 03/23/15 01:28 PM
Just saw this on my tv while watching MLB network. Can't wait only one more week.

# 9 Jeter2 @ 03/23/15 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaw913
I think we will be pleasantly surprised at the graphical jump this year. I've seen several streams where they've mentioned how much more we'll notice once we get the game in our hands.

Also, believe it or not.. the coloring of the grass and dirt plays a huge role in realism. I was taken out a bit in MLB 14 because the colors are just so off in some stadiums, plus the lighting. Those two things being corrected will make a ridiculous amount of difference.
I've always felt the dull grass/dirt colors and textures in years past has taken a lot of the immersion factor away. Hopefully the leap is substantial

# 10 bigwill33 @ 03/23/15 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
Looks a little empty/mundane, to me. Hopefully they work on some boat traffic in the water or jet trails in the sky in the next few years. Looks great, just not quite "alive" like real life.

# 11 eaw913 @ 03/23/15 01:57 PM
Quote:
I've always felt the dull grass/dirt colors and textures in years past has taken a lot of the immersion factor away. Hopefully the leap is substantial
I felt they finally hit the colors pretty good in MLB 13. But then when 14 released, it was horribly off again. But yeah, the textures could use some improvement (looks pretty good this year, though). Can't wait to see it in action. Even if the textures aren't amazing, if the color is right it at least helps.

# 12 tnixen @ 03/23/15 02:04 PM
Quote:
I thought the same exact thing when watching this. The dirt looks darn good in this shot!

# 13 19 @ 03/23/15 02:05 PM
Spot just ran on MLBN.

Solid.

# 14 tnixen @ 03/23/15 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19
Spot just ran on MLBN.

Solid.
What did they show?

# 15 19 @ 03/23/15 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
What did they show?
Just the video in the OP, in commercial form.

# 16 areobee401 @ 03/23/15 02:13 PM
Sweet shot of Ted Williams at Fenway.

# 17 Cowboy008 @ 03/23/15 02:22 PM
Is that really what the dirt looks like? lol I knew this game would look great but didn't expect the dirt to look that good.

# 18 Knight165 @ 03/23/15 02:28 PM
If that is the actual trailer...I would say probably yes. They have never doctored the trailers they make.

If it's a commercial done by someone other than SCEA devs.....who knows?

M.K.
Knight165

# 19 Russell_SCEA @ 03/23/15 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
If that is the actual trailer...I would say probably yes. They have never doctored the trailers they make.

If it's a commercial done by someone other than SCEA devs.....who knows?

M.K.
Knight165
It's done by us all our trailers are done in house.

# 20 tc020791 @ 03/23/15 04:07 PM
This game looks so amazing. I bought a PS4 just for this game after being a lifelong Xbox advocate, and boy am I happy I made that decision. March 31st still seems so far away...

With that being said there was one thing I saw in this video that threw me a little off.

Being an Orioles I naturally paused the video right after Jones hits the ball and they show the whole stadium from behind home plate. While the shadows looked amazing and I 100% recognized them from watching games on TV where they're much easier to see. I would guess that game was in august (if ramone could confirm that, that would be pretty insane haha). There was something that jumped out at me right away and that's where the foul pole in right field meets the stands. Obviously only die hard orioles fans would notice something like this, but theres an entire section missing where you can sit directly behind the foul pole. Its probably one of the best seats in the house.

In 2013 when Chris Davis was going on that tear, I sat in that section and he hit a ball on a line straight off the foul pole there in right field. It was one if the coolest things I've witnessed at a baseball game as this ball was seamlessly heading straight at me at probably 100+ MPH, only to be stopped straight in tracks by the foul pole. #Unreal

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.