Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Our writers have had nearly 24 hours of play time with MLB 15 The Show. Let's just say this is good news.

Read More: MLB 15 The Show: Day One Impressions (Roundtable)

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 brianski71 @ 04/01/15 02:14 AM
Well...glad to hear they got your team's alternate uniforms right. Because they screwed the Pirates up more than ever. It's just amazing to me how year after year after year they can't even manage to get a simple uniform set even close to right. The Pirates wear their black jerseys the HUGE majority of the time in real life. They're unusable on the game because they're medium gray and not even close to black. The beautiful home throwback alternates are an even more unusable mess, with buttons down the front and belted pants where they shouldn't have them, the completely wrong number font, a mysteriously placed sleeve patch that popped up out of nowhere this year that isn't on the real jerseys, and a still-missing Majestic logo. The new camo alternates are neglected all together, surely because it was CRUCIAL to include the stupid red and blue 1920s throwbacks. It's ridiculous that a team with 5 uniform sets to wear in 2015 only has 2 that are even close to correct in the game. For a game that's proud of little details, they completely f'ed up the Pirates uniforms beyond belief. Sorry, I'm livid. I'm done with my rant.

# 2 feztonio @ 04/01/15 08:21 AM
boy did i mess up and go with the online download this year - I initially liked the idea of being able to boot up the game directly from the hard drive without having to go get a disc and manually put it into the drive. 3 hours later I'm still downloading. the game gave me a ding! like it was done downloading and I thought I was good to go. I fired it up, and could only play a SF/KC demo game where I was SF and was unable to substitute pitchers or bench players.

I went all the way through the game figuring it was some fool's idea of a way to show off the changes (there was a voice over of an announcer naming all the improvements this season at the top of each inning; but when I finally finished the game, there was no option to start the game - just go back to the beginning of the SF/KC, again.

only after going online to see if I was just the victim of bad luck or if they broke something with the online downloads, did I discover that the ding! I got after 20 minutes or so was just that god forsaken demo game being ready to roll and if I closed the game out and went into the PS4's menus I could eventually find the active background downloads, and see that MLB 15 The Show was in fact still downloading - and only at 4g out of the 35gig or so of data, with a robust 3-plus hours left to download (mind you i've got the top tier data and speed internet my provider offers as I'm a big online gamer as well as downloader of movies, music etc...

I shudder to think how long it might take to download had I the standard regular-guy internet speeds that most people use. I began this adventure at 430am NY-time on 04/01/15 (it's about 0830am now) and best buy opens in another 90 minutes. I'm thinking I couldve been playing faster had I just took a nap for 5 hours and been at the store when it opened.

so far my first experiment with downloading a game rather than buying a physical, retail copy is not what I would have expected or wanted. I know it's not necessarily the game devs fault for the snail's pace downloads - that that's likely the PS network and online store; but where I do fault the game's development staff was not giving any in-game notice or heads up that this goofy demo where you can't do anything other than pitch and hit was just some guy's idea of a time waste, and that the game wouldn't be ready to actually play for several hours.

# 3 kackle85 @ 04/01/15 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feztonio
boy did i mess up and go with the online download this year - I initially liked the idea of being able to boot up the game directly from the hard drive without having to go get a disc and manually put it into the drive. 3 hours later I'm still downloading. the game gave me a ding! like it was done downloading and I thought I was good to go. I fired it up, and could only play a SF/KC demo game where I was SF and was unable to substitute pitchers or bench players.

I went all the way through the game figuring it was some fool's idea of a way to show off the changes (there was a voice over of an announcer naming all the improvements this season at the top of each inning; but when I finally finished the game, there was no option to start the game - just go back to the beginning of the SF/KC, again.

only after going online to see if I was just the victim of bad luck or if they broke something with the online downloads, did I discover that the ding! I got after 20 minutes or so was just that god forsaken demo game being ready to roll and if I closed the game out and went into the PS4's menus I could eventually find the active background downloads, and see that MLB 15 The Show was in fact still downloading - and only at 4g out of the 35gig or so of data, with a robust 3-plus hours left to download (mind you i've got the top tier data and speed internet my provider offers as I'm a big online gamer as well as downloader of movies, music etc...

I shudder to think how long it might take to download had I the standard regular-guy internet speeds that most people use. I began this adventure at 430am NY-time on 04/01/15 (it's about 0830am now) and best buy opens in another 90 minutes. I'm thinking I couldve been playing faster had I just took a nap for 5 hours and been at the store when it opened.

so far my first experiment with downloading a game rather than buying a physical, retail copy is not what I would have expected or wanted. I know it's not necessarily the game devs fault for the snail's pace downloads - that that's likely the PS network and online store; but where I do fault the game's development staff was not giving any in-game notice or heads up that this goofy demo where you can't do anything other than pitch and hit was just some guy's idea of a time waste, and that the game wouldn't be ready to actually play for several hours.
There was a green bar in the upper left corner during the demo that says "installing" and shows the progress of the actual game download. Wouldn't you rather at least be able to play a demo while installing instead of not being able to do anything?

# 4 feztonio @ 04/01/15 09:18 AM
i played through it once. the not being able to warm up or bring a reliever in (the computer opponent can do this as much as it wants) or to choose the team as I'm neither a SF nor a KC fan so it wasn't that exciting.

I'm mostly confused as to why I can download 35gig of media in 15 minutes or so on line, yet 35 gigs of MLB 15 takes five or six hours??

# 5 Dolenz @ 04/01/15 09:24 AM
Quote:

With game sizes being what they are, getting digital versions is not for the impatient. That being said, it is highly dependent on your internet and possibly your wifi connection speed. Luckily if you preordered then they allow you to start downloading it early. I was playing the full game the minute it unlocked.

# 6 RnRexpress3423 @ 04/01/15 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
With game sizes being what they are, getting digital versions is not for the impatient. That being said, it is highly dependent on your internet and possibly your wifi connection speed. Luckily if you preordered then they allow you to start downloading it early. I was playing the full game the minute it unlocked.
Pre-loading was the way to go this year, and I may just start to do this with all sports game because the trade in value depreciates much more quickly than other games.

# 7 feztonio @ 04/01/15 12:26 PM
they're already going that way with the PS Vita. it looks like MLB 15 on vita is only available for download this year - no physical copies of the game for purchase.

# 8 MAGboyswifT27 @ 04/01/15 12:38 PM
Good read and feedback.

# 9 skinfan31 @ 04/01/15 12:53 PM
Playing my first game last night, I didn't have a whole lot of time to see PNC at night so I fast forwarded to the 8th. Up 2-1 in the bottom of the inning, the CPU successfully pulled off a suicide squeeze to tie the game. I'm not sure if this is new A.I. this year, but it blew my mind!!! Definitely one of the "small things" that make this game what it is.

# 10 djep @ 04/01/15 12:59 PM
Quote:
I'm mostly confused as to why I can download 35gig of media in 15 minutes or so on line, yet 35 gigs of MLB 15 takes five or six hours??
You've got thousands of people trying to download simultaneously. And there's also no need to install any media.

I've downloaded all my games and 6 hours does seem excessive. But to paraphrase the great Louis CK, be patient when things are being magically beamed to you.

# 11 SDwinder @ 04/01/15 05:26 PM
Loving the game. Two things stand out that could be fixed so far.
1. Pitcher is too slow covering Home Plate on Passed Ball.
2.Human controlled fielders seem waaay too spastic and twitchy. Very arcade feel. AI fielding works great though.

# 12 ricket @ 04/02/15 12:23 AM
I agree with Jaybaybay618 regarding the "delay" issue with the camera at point contact. I hope they fix that to immediately transition to baserunning and in addition fix the camera not following foul balls into the stands. Looks out of place having the camera remain stationary.

# 13 HisAirness53 @ 04/02/15 09:10 AM
This game is amazing!

Two things I've noticed: 1. For some reason swinging the bats seem slower than past versions. (In franchise mode specifically) 2. I am not a huge fan for what they did with facial hair, it looks good in replays and close up; but some of the stubble and beards look flat out terrible.

With that said I've had a blast playing franchise mode! This will be an amazing year for the Show!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.