Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

For anyone wondering if the simulation engine is up to par in MLB 15: The Show, here are the results of one simulated season and how the engine fared. Also, I simmed two other seasons (not in the video) which all ended up with strikingly different results. In one, the Astros and Brewers actually met in the World Series, with the Astros having the best record in all of baseball! In another, it was a battle of perennial contenders, with the Giants and Tigers facing off in the World Series.

In this particular sim, you can see the Red Sox and Nationals give it a go. The stat I Found most interesting is there wasn't a single 20 game winner in the pitchers, the last time that happened in the majors was 2009 with four players total at 19 wins.

Be sure to look through the league leaders and see if anything stands out to you as being unnatural -- also give the sample 'end of season' Radio Show a listen!

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 menloe24 @ 04/01/15 04:33 PM
That radio show was pretty anti-climatic.

# 2 ghosti98 @ 04/01/15 04:39 PM
Look at the ridiculously low pitcher ERAs...

# 3 HenryClay1844 @ 04/01/15 05:03 PM
Yeah wow, that was a whole lotta nothing. Fifa world cup game much better with their radio show.

# 4 Aensland @ 04/01/15 07:22 PM
Offensive numbers looks to be a bit higher than 2014, especially the home run totals. I remember some MLB 2014 sims didn't register a single hitter batting over .300. NL runs scored is still a bit on the low side, though it's been painfully close to that in RL the past year.

Having no 20 game winners is a bit unusual though not farfetched at all. At least the strikeouts and ERA seems more in line with more recent RL stats.

# 5 ASUBoy93 @ 04/01/15 08:35 PM
I feel like the simmed stats are pretty good, but boy that year end wrap-up radio show was super disappointing. I wish it added more than who won in a "miracle" season.

# 6 legacyme3 @ 04/01/15 09:37 PM
The boys from Boston were victorious!

I get the feeling I'm going to hear the word "victorious" in my sleep, my dreams, when I wake up... every waking moment. No variety when it comes to that term. Some other phrases would be much appreciated.

# 7 Threeebs @ 04/01/15 10:19 PM
Home run totals are insane, especially in the American League. Alex Gordon with 30+ bombs? No way. 50 homer guys should be an absolute rarity, instead we get 3!

# 8 lwl21ILL @ 04/01/15 10:36 PM
Is there a reason why some teams Wins + Losses >162? Rangers didn't make playoffs in the sim, but have played 164 games. A's and Mets didn't make playoffs, but have played 163. Am I seeing things wrong or going crazy?

# 9 lwl21ILL @ 04/01/15 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl21ILL
Is there a reason why some teams Wins + Losses >162? Rangers didn't make playoffs in the sim, but have played 164 games. A's and Mets didn't make playoffs, but have played 163. Am I seeing things wrong or going crazy?
I guess there could have been tie-breaker games, but that would mean multiple tie breakers in the AL and one in the NL just for the last wild card spot.

# 10 Aensland @ 04/02/15 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
Home run totals are insane, especially in the American League. Alex Gordon with 30+ bombs? No way. 50 homer guys should be an absolute rarity, instead we get 3!
Home run totals may seem high compared to recent seasons but it isn't anything out of the ordinary when compared to late 90's/early 00's. I didn't think Brady Anderson had a chance in hell of hitting 50 home runs, but he did. So I wouldn't mind one or two surprises each season. Now, if Dee Gordon starts knocking 30+ out of the park, then we may have a problem.

# 11 HozAndMoose @ 04/02/15 06:40 PM
Quote:
You have to remember thats just one sim. Ive simmed at least 10 and i dont think i saw a 50 HR guy at all. This is the last one i did.

That one was a fantasy draft season though

# 12 kackle85 @ 04/03/15 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
You have to remember thats just one sim. Ive simmed at least 10 and i dont think i saw a 50 HR guy at all. This is the last one i did.

That one was a fantasy draft season though
Other than slightly low ERA numbers those look great.

# 13 Threeebs @ 04/03/15 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aensland
Home run totals may seem high compared to recent seasons but it isn't anything out of the ordinary when compared to late 90's/early 00's. I didn't think Brady Anderson had a chance in hell of hitting 50 home runs, but he did. So I wouldn't mind one or two surprises each season. Now, if Dee Gordon starts knocking 30+ out of the park, then we may have a problem.
Lol did you miss the whole HGH/steroid era? Or choose not to accept it happened? You're right it's not out of the ordinary from those seasons but we're more than a decade removed from that era and for the most part cheating is out of the game. Brady Anderson didn't have a chance, until he juiced!

I'll say I'm more relieved after seeing other simulations but it's obvious some guys need to be tweaked such as Alex Gordon. Nothing I'm mad about though. Very easy to adjust...

# 14 thechamp923 @ 04/04/15 08:19 AM
HR totals are a bit too high., especially considering offensive numbers are really down in baseball. Well at least it's more realistic than a Madden sim season lol!

# 15 Aensland @ 04/04/15 08:49 AM
Quote:
Lol did you miss the whole HGH/steroid era? Or choose not to accept it happened? You're right it's not out of the ordinary from those seasons but we're more than a decade removed from that era and for the most part cheating is out of the game. Brady Anderson didn't have a chance, until he juiced!

I'll say I'm more relieved after seeing other simulations but it's obvious some guys need to be tweaked such as Alex Gordon. Nothing I'm mad about though. Very easy to adjust...
Jose Bautista had 54 in 2010. Chris Davis had 53 a couple years ago, so I don't think 50 homers are as unattainable as you make them out to be.

Also, offense now is at the lowest in nearly half a century, so I don't think anything slightly higher than current numbers are too far fetched.

Lastly, I'm not going to get into the argument about steroids because everyone knows about that and has their own personal stance on it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.