Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 roster updates arrive much more frequently this year. Whenever one is available, Mike Stauffer (bedwardsroy19) will provide us with the details.

Check out the changes for this mornings roster update below.

Since this roster update is sure to cause quite a bit of response, we are leaving this roster update topic opened. We will close it and hand out bans if things get out of hand, so please think before hitting that reply button.

----------------------------------------------------

Hey Everybody!

Here are the notes for today’s update:
  • The Euro League Roster received a roster overhaul.
  • 3pt and Mid-Range Shooting Ratings were globally adjusted based on shooting percentages from the newest patch (Every player had their Standing and Moving Mid Range and 3pt Shot Ratings decreased by 8 points) Due to these changes, in some cases the overall rating for players may be drastically different than it was before
  • Sim Bhullar was added to the Kings
Hope everybody has a great Friday!

-Mike Stauffer (@2Kstauff)

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 CD90 @ 04/04/15 04:37 AM
Does this also effect auto-created draft classes or are prospects rated too high now?

# 82 Sundown @ 04/04/15 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic jigl
Can someone explain to me why they didn't just go back to the pre patch version instead of decreasing everyones stats? Now won't MyCareer, MyGM, and MyLeague be messed up? Also the grades for midrange and 3pt should probably be adjusted then. I just don't quite understand

Because it's a stop gap workaround for the patch, and to go back to how it used to be would require a code change delivered as another patch.

It would take awhile for another patch to be released and approved, and there's the possibility of not getting another patch at all, so this is the hot fix so at least the game is playable on some of the modes. That 2K is aware of the issue and addressed it somewhat quickly is welcome. However several other modes may remain broken or out of sync with how the other modes play (generated players, games with existing rosters, and my team for example).

This is an uncharacteristically bad and poorly tested change that breaks the game at a fundamental level very late in the product and patch cycle. It's rare, but it happens.

A lot of why it happened is because the team continued to work on improving the shot mechanics. Whether that effort will go down as a hallmark of 2K's diligence and support or a stain against the final quality of this year's product will depend on whether one more patch addresses the problem correctly at its root.

# 83 ataman5 @ 04/04/15 07:13 AM
On positive end they still care and tweak stuff they can in this years cycle; but on negative end they always treat players who bought the game at full price as beta testers, clearly we're not and shouldn't be.

So, all in all i think the latest patch has done many good things right along with poorly implemented shooting. All they should do seem to have to gotten the % success balance between patch 3 and patch 4 and we'll all be good to go for smooth life-like on court experience. For now hot fixes and such can only cause more damage on sides that they clearly can't test enough.

# 84 FR176 @ 04/04/15 07:26 AM
After an hour or so of testing out open jump shot during practice. I found it's best to avoid shooting jump shot with players under 50 in their attributes. Those players shouldn't be taking jump shot unless the clock is running out.

I also, played a couple of quick games and I found myself enjoying the new roster update. It seem more balanced on offense and defense.

# 85 ksuttonjr76 @ 04/04/15 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32

-The CPU doesn't seem to be button jumping on passes anymore. This was an issue for me because I love the Pick and Roll, and even though I may have a clear pass, there would be an AI player that would react with a full speed lunge before my player even started the passing motion.

-Defense. On ball defense was a problem, as well as shot contesting and blocks. Now, I can play good defense and actually be rewarded for it instead of a glitchy clip or a ridiculous close shot that no one could ever make. I played with Draymond before and after, and he was so much more fun after because of his defensive relevance. I also felt that on layups, a shot contest meant absolutely nothing. Which was super frustrating combined with the CPU's tendency to cheese to the basket. Now, the big guys are actually helping on help D, and it just feels awesome.

-Blocks. Before, blocks were coming at very weird points, and I felt as though they were unachievable on regular shots in the paint, rendering paint protectors useless. Wow, is that better. Shots and animations are being interrupted by blocks and the blocks are coming when they should, when a small guy tosses one up over Valanciunas. Get it out of here.

-Rubberbanding. Dare I say this? I think it's actually not there anymore, or at least toned down. I built a big lead, and I was able to keep it. No stupid stretches of crap happening. For the first time, I didn't feel like it was scripted.
I agree 100% with these things. These were some of the things that I noticed too.

I'm loving the fact that there is less of those "eyes in the back of their heads" and button press steals. Before, I used to complain when certain "good" passes got picked off. Now, I can honestly say when it was a bad pass, and I just move back on defense.

Some of the blocks that I'm witnessing have been unbelievable! I think they changed some of block animations, because I've been getting some crazy blocks into the stands. Yes...we don't get control of the ball, but I LOVE it when I swat the ball back to half court then the other team has to make a mad scramble to get a shot off.

That's kinda weird. I don't think there was rubberbanding after a discussion on the subject in a previous thread, but I think they did tone down the AI's ability to adapt so quickly. I had one game where there was 10 lead changes, but the runs were user initiated. I would make a change, and I would go on a run. He would make a change, and he would go on a run. It was a great game. I ended losing at the end, because I made some greedy, ill-advised passes and try to go for the knockout, dagger shot, lol.

# 86 Shadyhere @ 04/04/15 10:37 AM
Am I the only that feels that 2k screwed up big time? I want to make sense of this whole thing....

Essentially 2k released a patch that makes shooting forms easier. In return, they lowered the shooting ratings for every player. Okay, if thats the case then what about offline modes like My League? Is it basically screwed now? Do I have to manually lower everyones ratings? If I downloaded a draft class, will everyone in the draft class be over rated?

So far, i resumed normal play but, I feel like draining shots has become a bit too easy. I'm shooting lights out from 3pt range and I am not feeling that at all. I don't know what to do at this point.

This was the game I played the most and now I feel like it's been screwed.

# 87 LionsFanNJ @ 04/04/15 11:15 AM
I have a question. Has anyone manually edited their rosters from previous days to match the ratings, and does it play the same. I'm asking because if it doesn't i'm starting my myCareer over. If it does then i'm good to go.

I will say this has made elite shooters stand out more than before which i like a whole lot.

# 88 ksuttonjr76 @ 04/04/15 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyhere
Am I the only that feels that 2k screwed up big time? I want to make sense of this whole thing....

Essentially 2k released a patch that makes shooting forms easier. In return, they lowered the shooting ratings for every player. Okay, if thats the case then what about offline modes like My League? Is it basically screwed now? Do I have to manually lower everyones ratings? If I downloaded a draft class, will everyone in the draft class be over rated?

So far, i resumed normal play but, I feel like draining shots has become a bit too easy. I'm shooting lights out from 3pt range and I am not feeling that at all. I don't know what to do at this point.

This was the game I played the most and now I feel like it's been screwed.
They didn't screw up. They just made an unintended mistake. Their intentions were good though....

# 89 AnnihilusLivius @ 04/04/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Man I've had two absolute lockdown games defense after this update....it seems like with these edits and the increased penalty for contested shots, it has added the strategy aspect back to defense....
24th, what difficulty have you been playing? Also, are you using any Slider modifications?

# 90 Shadyhere @ 04/04/15 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
They didn't screw up. They just made an unintended mistake. Their intentions were good though....
I don't care about their intentions. I care about my own personal experience with the game and right now, it's not looking good. This is the game I sit down and play the most. This patch has not helped. Shots seem to just go in. I never thought the shot had a serious problem.

So now everyones shot has gone down in rating? What about offline modes? Are draft classes screwed too? Are free agents all over powered? I feel like this was overlooked and I don't known if I can enjoy this game anymore and it's pissing me off.

# 91 ksuttonjr76 @ 04/04/15 12:28 PM
Quote:
I don't care about their intentions. I care about my own personal experience with the game and right now, it's not looking good. This is the game I sit down and play the most. This patch has not helped. Shots seem to just go in. I never thought the shot had a serious problem.

So now everyones shot has gone down in rating? What about offline modes? Are draft classes screwed too? Are free agents all over powered? I feel like this was overlooked and I don't known if I can enjoy this game anymore and it's pissing me off.
And what have you done to test your concerns? Have you looked to see if anyone created new draft rosters?

# 92 jrose57 @ 04/04/15 12:53 PM
I have made a thread called date for these problems you asked, we need a date of roster that has all of these fixed!!! SO WE CAN ALL START FRESH!

Quote:

# 93 IrOnKoBe @ 04/04/15 01:02 PM
Do this patch fix the rec/park shooting too?

# 94 Shadyhere @ 04/04/15 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
And what have you done to test your concerns? Have you looked to see if anyone created new draft rosters?
What good does that do if I'm already in my 4th season? Everythings been thrown off now. Everyone on my team is a lethal shooter from anywhere. Not sure why this is being overlooked. It's ticking me off big time.

# 95 Painkiller1974 @ 04/04/15 01:43 PM
Somebody has already teste the auto generated draft class in MyLeague ?
Are they overrated as I suppose ?....

# 96 jrose57 @ 04/04/15 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkiller1974
i would love to know too thanks!

# 97 TheFlyestHoopa @ 04/04/15 02:56 PM
Only changes I saw were positive! Those fluke guaranteed momentum shifts you knew were coming are no longer there. Considering I coach ball, I've always felt I should be methodically pulling away and this new update brings the reality into it and it's happening. 10 thumbs up.

# 98 JRxPHANTOM @ 04/04/15 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkiller1974
I would also like to know. 2K hasn't said a word about generated draft classes and if their ratings are applied like the global rating change.

# 99 The 24th Letter @ 04/04/15 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnihilusLivius
24th, what difficulty have you been playing? Also, are you using any Slider modifications?

Straight up superstar/sim so far......it never felt right after patch #4, feels a lot better after the update...really been having some great games...

# 100 JRxPHANTOM @ 04/04/15 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I think you don't realize the whole problem. You were getting green releases with Korver with patch 3? Well you had to be operating in your own MyLeague with custom settings for game speed. Kyle Korver shot was glitched using the default speed of 50 as were 100's of players. This game speed of 50 is the default speed of online leagues, online ranked and the speed the game comes with. When you changed the game speed certain players became glitch free on patch 3 but it also made other players not achieve "green" release on that same game speed. The issue was a little more complex and 2K never gave the full reason. The issue I see what you are saying is:

In my Myleague I saw no glitch playersYou were operating in your own sandbox without a worry but everyone else playing the game at the default game speed had 100's of releases glitched. I am sure if you used multiple teams out of the box or played anything online you would have realized which players shots were glitched.

For example in the first week of release I knew Melo was glitched, Danny Green Diaw others because I shot hundreds of shots right out of the box on HOF and SS in practice and played tons of games without getting a green release. The glitch wasn't every where but it would be either mid range and beyond or just 3pt's from standing shots
From my experience, I only played MyLeague at 48 and 50 game speed and had no shots that seemed glitched in patch 3. Glitched shots or not, I would rather miss half of my attempts from mid range than get a perfect release almost every time thanks to patch 4.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.