Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 roster updates arrive much more frequently this year. Whenever one is available, Mike Stauffer (bedwardsroy19) will provide us with the details.

Check out the changes for this mornings roster update below.

Since this roster update is sure to cause quite a bit of response, we are leaving this roster update topic opened. We will close it and hand out bans if things get out of hand, so please think before hitting that reply button.

----------------------------------------------------

Hey Everybody!

Here are the notes for today’s update:
  • The Euro League Roster received a roster overhaul.
  • 3pt and Mid-Range Shooting Ratings were globally adjusted based on shooting percentages from the newest patch (Every player had their Standing and Moving Mid Range and 3pt Shot Ratings decreased by 8 points) Due to these changes, in some cases the overall rating for players may be drastically different than it was before
  • Sim Bhullar was added to the Kings
Hope everybody has a great Friday!

-Mike Stauffer (@2Kstauff)

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 FatsCatone @ 04/04/15 08:54 PM
Please turn down the help defense.... cpu leaves shooter wiiide open...

# 102 mgrand15 @ 04/04/15 09:23 PM
I saw very little difference online. Still giving up 50+% from the field, 42+% from 3 while giving my opponent very little breathing room on jump shots. The game just does an awful job of taking into account what's a wide open shot, what's a slightly contested shot and what's a fully contested shot. I can tell that even though I'm right there - the game is registering it as WIDE OPEN for the other player. From what we've found out - this is a 60% shot for a DECENT shooter.

Maybe I need to adjust but it sucks having to "Limit Perimeter Shots" against teams that have NO shooters.

# 103 MT3 @ 04/05/15 12:38 AM
eurolegue rosters have not good ratings , kirilenko still free agent !

# 104 bedwardsroy19 @ 04/05/15 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkiller1974
Somebody has already teste the auto generated draft class in MyLeague ?
Are they overrated as I suppose ?....
Generated Classes have been edited to support the changes, for those concerned

# 105 jrose57 @ 04/05/15 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Thank you brother, so may I ask, if the Free Agents and the Euro League players have been adjusted to support the changes as well? Thank you in advanced!

# 106 jrose57 @ 04/05/15 03:08 AM
Quote:
Will be fixed in tomorrow's update
Is this finished? If I download the roster now, would they players in the FA pool be updated?

# 107 CaseIH @ 04/05/15 03:38 AM
Quote:

Thanks Beds, I was wondering this glad to know DC's have been tweaked to work with the Global edits of all the players.

Was wondering if these Global edits will effect stats for teams in My League? I assume that was probably tweaked too since you were able to tweak Generated future Draft Classes.

Too bad you didn't go to work for NBA2k years ago, then we could have had a better game and roster updates over the years than what got from the incompetent 2kinsider

Been impressed with how the new gen game rosters have been updated this year.

Thanks for doing these global edits, and it seems something was tweaked under the hood too because its easier to stay infron of your man now on D, closer to how it was before the last patch.

# 108 jrose57 @ 04/05/15 04:22 AM
Not entirely global yet if the euro players are not done eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Thanks Beds, I was wondering this glad to know DC's have been tweaked to work with the Global edits of all the players.

Was wondering if these Global edits will effect stats for teams in My League? I assume that was probably tweaked too since you were able to tweak Generated future Draft Classes.

Too bad you didn't go to work for NBA2k years ago, then we could have had a better game and roster updates over the years than what got from the incompetent 2kinsider

Been impressed with how the new gen game rosters have been updated this year.

Thanks for doing these global edits, and it seems something was tweaked under the hood too because its easier to stay infron of your man now on D, closer to how it was before the last patch.

# 109 Mintsa @ 04/05/15 12:26 PM
I see no difference online for head to head matches. This might be more of a human vs CPU kind of fix rather than a human vs human fix.

I do think the 3 point shooting is a tad high now but I also thought it was a tad low pre patch/latest roster update.

# 110 Tronboy @ 04/05/15 03:04 PM
I started a my league and simulated all games and one major thing i notice was that a lot of players have a very low fg% and are averaging a lower amount of points. For example lebron is averaging 21ppg on 44% shooting. I this might be because of the decreased shooting ratings.

# 111 Real2KInsider @ 04/05/15 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Not entirely global yet if the euro players are not done eh?
To my knowledge, the Euro rosters aren't handled in-house.

# 112 notkevinlove @ 04/05/15 11:54 PM
Can you update the injury free roster as well?

# 113 haloofduty @ 04/06/15 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronboy
I started a my league and simulated all games and one major thing i notice was that a lot of players have a very low fg% and are averaging a lower amount of points. For example lebron is averaging 21ppg on 44% shooting. I this might be because of the decreased shooting ratings.
I don't think they took sim stats into consideration. If everyone shooting is lowered than obviously its gonna mess up sim stats. The workaround could be just lowering shooting sliders and keep your current roster but than this also affects generated classes. The generated players shooting percentages might be bad.idk

# 114 DJ @ 04/06/15 01:22 PM
Played a few NBA Today games with the roster update. This was a much-needed adjustment after the patch. Shooting percentages are back to realistic levels now.

# 115 mvp_status @ 04/06/15 02:30 PM
Real lazy on 2K's part. This does nothing for my MyLeague save, which was pretty much the only mode I played up until the patch #4 "upgrade". Having played a full season and a half of 10 minute quarter games, I'm not interested in starting all over again. Guess this is it for 2k this year for me.

Really wish this was like last-gen and you could delete patches. I don't play online, and I had made the adjustments to play seamlessly for months, even with the "broken" green release.

# 116 DJ @ 04/06/15 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp_status
Real lazy on 2K's part. This does nothing for my MyLeague save, which was pretty much the only mode I played up until the patch #4 "upgrade". Having played a full season and a half of 10 minute quarter games, I'm not interested in starting all over again. Guess this is it for 2k this year for me.

Really wish this was like last-gen and you could delete patches. I don't play online, and I had made the adjustments to play seamlessly for months, even with the "broken" green release.
For MyLeague, we have 2 options; globally edit the player ratings to reflect the changes 2K made in its latest roster update or dive into adjusting sliders and hope you can bring the shooting % down. I was getting such great games/results in MyLeague on All-Star/Simulation with no slider tweaks and now 46 games into my 58-game season, I've got to start messing with sliders? That's not cool.

# 117 ski516 @ 04/06/15 04:06 PM
I have played about 800 games online and I think this is the wrong approach to fix problems. The ratings are fine although some could have used adjustments but I think contested threes from way beyond the arc needed to be corrected. There are far too many people who get away with shooting threes every play. Now I believe the ratings are too low.

# 118 bo_jax2000 @ 04/06/15 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notkevinlove
Can you update the injury free roster as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_jax2000
Download the current roster (with injuries). You can then go into edit player - vitals, then scroll down until you see health (injury), duration and remove injury. Remember to move the players from the reserve list back into the rotation.

# 119 lilweezy45 @ 04/06/15 05:28 PM
they to just need to add slider tuner update feature like on madden it will make everything much easier when a patch messes up something like shooting and etc....

# 120 joosegoose @ 04/06/15 05:31 PM
So, I was weirdly excited to use Sim Bhullar now that he has been added (largely since he is just so...large). However, he looks positively skinny in the game.

Does this man look 360 lbs to you?

For those curious, if you lower his height below 7'2 or his weight below 350 you will not be able to raise them back up. You can create 7'3, 7'4, or 7'5 players by editing Sim Bhullar but the hard limit of 7'2 is still there for everyone else.

Edit: Image for comparison:

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.