Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 roster updates arrive much more frequently this year. Whenever one is available, Mike Stauffer (bedwardsroy19) will provide us with the details.

Check out the changes for this mornings roster update below.

Since this roster update is sure to cause quite a bit of response, we are leaving this roster update topic opened. We will close it and hand out bans if things get out of hand, so please think before hitting that reply button.

----------------------------------------------------

Hey Everybody!

Here are the notes for today’s update:
  • The Euro League Roster received a roster overhaul.
  • 3pt and Mid-Range Shooting Ratings were globally adjusted based on shooting percentages from the newest patch (Every player had their Standing and Moving Mid Range and 3pt Shot Ratings decreased by 8 points) Due to these changes, in some cases the overall rating for players may be drastically different than it was before
  • Sim Bhullar was added to the Kings
Hope everybody has a great Friday!

-Mike Stauffer (@2Kstauff)

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 2_headedmonster @ 04/06/15 05:38 PM
I just think people are mostly put off by the appearance of such low overall numbers. I'm not seeing many gameplay complaints.

# 122 CaseIH @ 04/06/15 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
I just think people are mostly put off by the appearance of such low overall numbers. I'm not seeing many gameplay complaints.

Personally I like having overall's lower, imo they have always overrated guys. Maybe this was the best way to do it, but nonetheless it does make overalls look good. IMO 90+ ratings should be reserved for only a handful of guys if that.

I do think the global edits improved the gameplay, and it also seems there is less sliding with players, so that's a huge positive. Don't know if they tweaked the the roster update under the hood to try and fix this issue, but whatever they did it seems to have improved gameplay.

# 123 mgrand15 @ 04/07/15 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Who's complaining about overall ratings here? It's at least 95% gameplay complaints.

The global decrease was maybe a step in the right direction - the patch changes to shooting were 8 steps in the wrong direction though. Percentages are still way too high - online. Turning a decent shooter into a 60% mid range shooter is the equivalent of turning an average shooter into prime Dirk Nowitzki from mid-range. Bringing everyone down 8 points does little to solve the real issue.

# 124 swac07 @ 04/07/15 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Played a few NBA Today games with the roster update. This was a much-needed adjustment after the patch. Shooting percentages are back to realistic levels now.
yup

# 125 CaseIH @ 04/07/15 06:42 AM
Has anyone noticed or simmed a My League or MY GM to see if these globale edits screwed up teams FG%'s to where teams are shooting to low of a % on fg's and 3pt fg%?

I hope that's not the case and they tweaked the sim engine, you would think they would have did that since they tweaked Draft Classes. Not going to be too happy if team stats are now all screwed up because of this in My League

# 126 renzaringo @ 04/07/15 10:03 AM
Can you please add Kobe 10 high and low in the game? Also can you please change the colors in the accessories of lakers? I want like this:

Home jersey (yellow), away jersey (purple) alternate jersey (white)

arm sleeve/arm band/ leg sleeve color 1 : yellow
arm sleeve/arm band/ leg sleeve color 2: purple

# 127 xcgjhjh @ 04/07/15 11:52 PM
Where is the link to the roster update? Curious to see shooting ratings change

# 128 jrose57 @ 04/07/15 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Has anyone noticed or simmed a My League or MY GM to see if these globale edits screwed up teams FG%'s to where teams are shooting to low of a % on fg's and 3pt fg%?

I hope that's not the case and they tweaked the sim engine, you would think they would have did that since they tweaked Draft Classes. Not going to be too happy if team stats are now all screwed up because of this in My League
I want to know too!!!

# 129 jrose57 @ 04/07/15 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
I don't think they took sim stats into consideration. If everyone shooting is lowered than obviously its gonna mess up sim stats. The workaround could be just lowering shooting sliders and keep your current roster but than this also affects generated classes. The generated players shooting percentages might be bad.idk
How would lowering shooting sliders make sim stats look more realistic!?!?!

# 130 jrose57 @ 04/08/15 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
So, I was weirdly excited to use Sim Bhullar now that he has been added (largely since he is just so...large). However, he looks positively skinny in the game.

Does this man look 360 lbs to you?

For those curious, if you lower his height below 7'2 or his weight below 350 you will not be able to raise them back up. You can create 7'3, 7'4, or 7'5 players by editing Sim Bhullar but the hard limit of 7'2 is still there for everyone else.

Edit: Image for comparison:
LOL!!! That's funny!

# 131 joosegoose @ 04/08/15 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
LOL!!! That's funny!
Haha, I want to laugh too but I think I'm mainly just annoyed

# 132 bedwardsroy19 @ 04/08/15 11:38 AM
Injury Free Roster has been updated with these changes

# 133 zcfhch @ 04/09/15 11:34 AM
Updated OP. To clarify, every player had their Standing and Moving Mid Range and 3pt Shot Ratings decreased by 8 points.

# 134 JRxPHANTOM @ 04/09/15 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrand15
Who's complaining about overall ratings here? It's at least 95% gameplay complaints.

The global decrease was maybe a step in the right direction - the patch changes to shooting were 8 steps in the wrong direction though. Percentages are still way too high - online. Turning a decent shooter into a 60% mid range shooter is the equivalent of turning an average shooter into prime Dirk Nowitzki from mid-range. Bringing everyone down 8 points does little to solve the real issue.
Exactly, we need a new patch in order to fix this.

# 135 Mintsa @ 04/10/15 01:43 AM
3 point shooting is just to high for online ranked matches. Every can shoot 50% clip from downtown. Put up 20 threes, you'll knock down ten.

They shouldn't have changed it.....

# 136 CaseIH @ 04/10/15 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
I want to know too!!!

Wish we could get some clarification on this to see if it indeed screwed up sim stats in My League and career modes.

I think once I get my edited roster done, Im going to simulate a season in My League to just see what the FG% are if there is no answer by then.

I would hope they tweaked the sim engine since they dropped the shooting down by what they did. Plus you would think since they thought to tweak the Draft Classes for future seasons, that they would have thought to tweak the sim engine as well so stats are inline.

# 137 jrose57 @ 04/10/15 02:20 AM
I really hoep they will realize that as well, I really hate how 2K is giving me the feeling of a lazy employee, the boss has to say one thing they do one thing, the boss has to say anther thing and they do another thing, gotta be automatic man, we paid for the game for like 60 dollars so come on, just saying...

Quote:
Wish we could get some clarification on this to see if it indeed screwed up sim stats in My League and career modes.

I think once I get my edited roster done, Im going to simulate a season in My League to just see what the FG% are if there is no answer by then.

I would hope they tweaked the sim engine since they dropped the shooting down by what they did. Plus you would think since they thought to tweak the Draft Classes for future seasons, that they would have thought to tweak the sim engine as well so stats are inline.

# 138 BluFu @ 04/10/15 07:00 AM
Quote:
FG% was way too high before this change. Looking forward to some decreases here.

# 139 stillfeelme @ 04/10/15 11:19 AM
After about 10 or so games SS/Sim 12 minutes. Using various teams against the CPU. I have to say I hope they patch the automatic nature of green releases and lower the open bonus to what it was before that way they can bring the ratings back to where they were before. I don't think I have had a game where I didn't shoot 50%+ from the floor and 40+ from 3.

I know any player in the NBA can go off and get hot but there is no randomness in the games right now. The CPU can go off I go off but it is happening too frequently.

Is anyone having success with real FG%? Or can they suggest a real fG% slider. I have been using user stick timing since I can't even remember feels weird to even go to real FG% but I think that is the only option.

# 140 zrohman @ 04/10/15 11:50 AM
I am playing 7 minutes SS. I'm even using default settings (not sim).

The CPU was shooting 60+% from the field. I learned to play defense through a few youtube videos. Since then in my past 6 games the computer hasn't gotten above 50%. I'm sure if I played on Sim the computer would be shooting almost under 40%. Playing good defense is the key. Changing your setting to always contest in your controller settings, playing on ball defense, holding LT, giving a little space, being light with the sticks, and only using turbo in short short bursts to get around a screen or if you get beat. I play with defensive assist high but feel free to change based on what feels best. But I've been getting great percentages all around.

I also only get green releases when wide open, maybe 3 a game (when playing 7 minutes). I'm frustrated by the green release complaints, because I personally think the Kings were rigged before to not get green releases. If they make it even harder again I probably won't be able to get any at all.... With a team that I've played over 100 games with.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.