Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

According to responses on the official Twitter feed for Rory McIlroy PGA Tour, the game will not include The Masters, because the Augusta National license has expired. EA Sports will continue to explore opportunities to include it post-launch, but it doesn't sound likely.

The trial version of Rory McIlroy PGA Tour will be available on EA Access, up to five days before release date. We will know more about it when the official release date is revealed. The game is scheduled to release sometime in June. For more Rory McIlroy PGA Tour details, check the game page.

Source - PastaPadre

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Skyboxer @ 04/11/15 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
He owns it, checked it out, and hates it. I'm in the same boat. It's ugly, it's presentation is horrid, and it is nowhere near as SIM as it is made out to be. Basically, it feels like people have given it far more breaks than they would an EA title.
Of course they have when it did/does so much better than an EA game that's been in the world for many years.
Not saying it's perfect but out of the gate it is an impressive game.

Anyways I'm sure I'll grab this game after some OS reviews come out and they are positive. EA golf hasn't earned any day one purchase thoughts.

# 22 jbd345 @ 04/11/15 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
What most of you are unaware of, EVERYTHING to do with the PGA TOUR with any sort of brand name has a licensing fee associated with it. There is a licensing fee for using the name US Open, The Open, PGA Championship, and The Masters. The cost of many of these "names" and "brands" are extremely high so keep that in mind when comparing a licensed PGA TOUR Golf game with a non-licensed Golf game.
THIS! Tw 14 was actually the first game in the series with real life tournaments and majors. Golf is a completely different monster when it comes to licenses. Don't know why this is such a hard concept for people to grasp.

# 23 OnlookerDelay @ 04/11/15 02:14 PM
I'm a TGC apologist, yet somehow I've managed to avoid posting in this thread On topic though, the lack of Augusta National in RM PGA Tour will have no bearing on whether I buy, or don't buy the game. I have EA Access on the XB1, so I'll get a good shot at the game early on. I'm sure there will be many top drawer courses included with the game.

What I'm concerned about it is: will there be an interface option that I find challenging and intuitive, will the gameplay faithfully deliver the physics of golf, and finally... will there be a presentation option that stays with the golfer for the first 75 to 80% of the shot, before switching to a reverse angle view, ala Perfect Golf on the PC? Tiger Woods 14's presentation options were the worst of the series.

# 24 pietasterp @ 04/14/15 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
What most of you are unaware of, EVERYTHING to do with the PGA TOUR with any sort of brand name has a licensing fee associated with it. There is a licensing fee for using the name US Open, The Open, PGA Championship, and The Masters. The cost of many of these "names" and "brands" are extremely high so keep that in mind when comparing a licensed PGA TOUR Golf game with a non-licensed Golf game.
I think people are well aware of that. NCAA football managed to get just about every single bowl game, university, and stadium in their game, which is essentially the same licensing feat. It may not be worth the money to pay off John Deere or Northern Trust or whatever for their license, but the majors seem like a huge omission, and it's not like there are other bidders driving the price of those licenses up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm a TGC apologist, yet somehow I've managed to avoid posting in this thread On topic though, the lack of Augusta National in RM PGA Tour will have no bearing on whether I buy, or don't buy the game. I have EA Access on the XB1, so I'll get a good shot at the game early on. I'm sure there will be many top drawer courses included with the game.

What I'm concerned about it is: will there be an interface option that I find challenging and intuitive, will the gameplay faithfully deliver the physics of golf, and finally... will there be a presentation option that stays with the golfer for the first 75 to 80% of the shot, before switching to a reverse angle view, ala Perfect Golf on the PC? Tiger Woods 14's presentation options were the worst of the series.
Agree with all of this; the lack of Augusta is certainly not a plus, but if that's the worst thing about the game, I'd say we're doing okay. It's the second part of your comment that is the most important (and frankly, the most likely to disappoint....).

# 25 i3man @ 04/18/15 08:54 PM
As much as I like watching The Masters on TV, Augusta National has never been my favorite to play as a golf game going back to the PGA99/2000 series when there was an outstanding rendition done by one of the community designers. One of my favorites in the PGA series was the title course Sahalee.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.