Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

We have just posted some more Rory McIlroy PGA Tour screenshots. The game ships in June. For more information about the game, check out our game page.

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Ronoko @ 04/10/15 06:53 PM
As I said previously, obviously having user generated courses would change how many you courses you could play. But even with that, the developers are not going to design a game mode around courses that may or may not exist at some point in the future. These expectations about it shipping with every course on the pga tour are just ridiculous.

# 22 DivotMaker @ 04/10/15 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
That's funny, you certainly could have every golf course played on the PGA Tour (and champions tour, web.com tour, Euro tour, women's tour etc.) in The Golf Club, all because allowing & encouraging user generated content.
HUGE difference between user-created courses versus officially licensed PGA TOUR courses.

# 23 hawley088 @ 04/10/15 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
This game without Augusta is equivalent to a Nascar game without Daytona. Pass.
You must not have played Tiger Woods 99-2011

# 24 spidertour02 @ 04/11/15 02:39 PM
Quote:
There's absolutely no reason whatsoever that in the year 2015 we shouldn't have a bare bones game engine, with the tools/architecture in place to full customize all of the "licensed" aspects of a sports game.
Tell that to the lawyers representing the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, PGA, NCAA ...

# 25 DivotMaker @ 04/11/15 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02
Tell that to the lawyers representing the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, PGA, NCAA ...
EXACTLY.....

# 26 Crazy Packers Fan @ 04/11/15 05:44 PM
PGA Tour Golf is all about the majors. Without the majors it becomes just another golf game. I was always frustrated in the mid-2000s when I had to play the "Southern Major Championship" at Pinehurst No. 2. I'll wait a few years until the next-gen bugs are worked out and the majors are back in it.

# 27 kehlis @ 04/11/15 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Packers Fan
PGA Tour Golf is all about the majors. Without the majors it becomes just another golf game. I was always frustrated in the mid-2000s when I had to play the "Southern Major Championship" at Pinehurst No. 2. I'll wait a few years until the next-gen bugs are worked out and the majors are back in it.
Unless you've heard otherwise it's only going to be missing one major.

# 28 kehlis @ 04/11/15 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
And even at that, once they have the Augusta license again, they'll have 4 once again.
I wouldn't hold your breath for them getting that license back any time soon.

# 29 tastybrownies @ 04/12/15 11:19 AM
Not as good as Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004\5. Now those games were freaking amazing.

# 30 countryboy @ 04/12/15 03:10 PM
I will continue to watch this game. As much as I like TGC, its starting to get old I guess. I've always enjoyed EA Golf Games as I just take them for what they are.

# 31 brandon27 @ 04/13/15 09:37 AM
Quote:
That's funny, you certainly could have every golf course played on the PGA Tour (and champions tour, web.com tour, Euro tour, women's tour etc.) in The Golf Club, all because allowing & encouraging user generated content.
You know, that argument is just plan silly.

The official courses in the EA games are all laser mapped if I remember correctly, so every hill is there, every break in the greens, just they way they should be. TGC's course editor will NEVER be able to replicate that. So, great, you can play a course that "looks like" Augusta in TGC, but... it's still not Augusta. So, it's really not any different.

I enjoy TGC too, but the fact it's become NFL2kwhatever around here and the position some people have taken with is is insanely overboard. It's a good foundataion, no doubt, but it needs alot of work.

While it's served me well as a golf game, I can't play more than a round at a time. It looks terrible. There's nothing to keep you involved in it. I don't care how many random courses I can play, I do enjoy that feature ALOT, but when you just cant get into the boring, lifeless game play with the visuals one full gen (and maybe even more) behind, you can only play so much of it. I think some people really need to back off the TGC junk, especially in a thread that's not even about it.

# 32 Gossennator @ 04/13/15 11:19 AM
Has the same over exposed sky with dark terrain that Battlefield has, must be the Frostbite engine. Don't get me wrong, graphics looks great but the lighting needs some reworking.

# 33 jbd345 @ 04/13/15 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
You know, that argument is just plan silly.

The official courses in the EA games are all laser mapped if I remember correctly, so every hill is there, every break in the greens, just they way they should be. TGC's course editor will NEVER be able to replicate that. So, great, you can play a course that "looks like" Augusta in TGC, but... it's still not Augusta. So, it's really not any different.

I enjoy TGC too, but the fact it's become NFL2kwhatever around here and the position some people have taken with is is insanely overboard. It's a good foundataion, no doubt, but it needs alot of work.

While it's served me well as a golf game, I can't play more than a round at a time. It looks terrible. There's nothing to keep you involved in it. I don't care how many random courses I can play, I do enjoy that feature ALOT, but when you just cant get into the boring, lifeless game play with the visuals one full gen (and maybe even more) behind, you can only play so much of it. I think some people really need to back off the TGC junk, especially in a thread that's not even about it.
100% this. Ea's golf is not madden. Sure dlc could be reworked with pricing but it's not a perfect world. I'd rather pay $15 for four real courses down to a single blade of grass than a "look a like"

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.