Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The Madden NFL 16 hype train has begun! EA Sports has just announced the game will launch on August 25th. They have scheduled news, features and details to arrive sometime in May.

Last year, EA Sports (along with Amazon and GameStop) provided details on Madden NFL 15 on April 28th, along with a teaser trailer, featuring Luke Kuechly of the Carolina Panthers.. They also kicked off the cover voting on May 8th.

What are you hoping to see and hear about in May?

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 CM Hooe @ 04/17/15 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
guys are just tired of accepting mediocrity and giving tiburon a pass because they "tried".
I'm not giving anyone a pass. There are things I want to see added to the game, as I mentioned. I had issues with a high number of sacks as well, so let's add that to the list.

I just think Tiburon put together a really good game last year; restated, in my opinion the game that already exists is really good on its own. I don't care about "what it should be", I'm not making the game. I don't think it was mediocre. The critical consensus of the game was that it was far from mediocre and that it's on-par with its peers.

Just a difference of opinion, I suppose.

# 42 Gosens6 @ 04/17/15 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I'm not giving anyone a pass. There are things I want to see added to the game, as I mentioned. I had issues with a high number of sacks as well, so let's add that to the list.

I just think Tiburon put together a really good game last year; restated, in my opinion the game that already exists is really good on its own. I don't care about "what it should be", I'm not making the game. I don't think it was mediocre. The critical consensus of the game was that it was far from mediocre and that it's on-par with its peers.

Just a difference of opinion, I suppose.
Exactly, all a matter of opinion and that's tottaly okay. No harm in anyone enjoying the game, because in the end, that's all the matters if you're going to purchase it.

I was just answering your question as to why some of us are so down on the product already, that's all.

# 43 jmurphy31 @ 04/17/15 09:21 AM
I get so bummed when I hear the late August release date. I used to enjoy when it came out in early august. It allowed you to play a ton before school started up (since I'm a teacher, the same applies now). Plus with the start of the preseason it allowed you to mess around with the game (sliders, playbooks, etc) and really get ready to start your franchise when the regular season started up. Oh well.

As for what I want to hear I just want a franchise mode I can get involved in. I want some immersion. Give me the feeling I am playing in a franchise not a play now game.

Score updates, weekly sportscenter with highlights, commentary that isnt based on last years real life and mentions whats going on in m league, banners that show league leaders or whos hot/not. All of that stuff would be great.

# 44 Godgers12 @ 04/17/15 09:51 AM
I want overhauled WR/DB interactions complete with a push off/holding butoon similar to Fifa, with risk of penalty atatched to it.

I also want them to focus on Special Teams, something that's been ignored for 10 years. You never see blocked kicks, and there should be entire special teams playbooks. And please have a more detailed depth chart, formation subs, and bring custom packages back.

# 45 Bull_Dozer @ 04/17/15 09:54 AM
A true coach mode.

# 46 4thQtrStre5S @ 04/17/15 10:15 AM
Along with others, I want better DB/WR interaction, but I also want better coverage, press and chips on TE's...

I would also like the ability to decide whether to auto assign coverage, as it is now, or manually set who i want to cover each receiver..

Would like a more efficient way of changing plays in practice mode...don't see why, after each practice play, we couldn't get the playbook to pop up so we can pick another play as we do in game..Just allow the ability to also pick the defenses play..

When playing against the CPU I would like more time on defense to make adjustments..

# 47 sportyguyfl31 @ 04/17/15 10:41 AM
A significantly cleaner infinity engine, above all else.

# 48 mjavon @ 04/17/15 11:25 AM
Necessary:
1) fix sack issue/ai for qb's
2) custom draft classes (sharable)
3) penalties
4) player/coach editting in offline cfm
5) menus - if I want to look at a "player card", once I close it it should return me to the same spot, NOT allllll the way back to my own team's roster screen. same idea with box scores.

Good-to-have:
1) Holder position on depth chart so my 2nd string QB's yards per game number makes actual sense...
2) A way to identify where an opponent's key player(s) are lined up on the field - it'd be nice to know where JJ Watt is lined uo on a particular play so I can either run the other way or slide my protection towards him
3) more franchise specific commentary. They've tried this but half the time the stats don't load properly so it accuses Andre Johnson of having a bad week a week ago when in fact he caught ten passes.
4) better cpu playcalling
5) mock drafts in the offseason
6) better scouting, add a nfl comparison for each player and include their college stats (and make those stats editable when you create a class)
7) injuries - players aren't out for a specific amount of time, example: could be out 2-4 weeks and at some point he becomes PRB, QST, DBT.
8) around the league scoreboard during franchise games with updates from other games, just like NCAA 14.

Things they won't put in, but I'd like:
1) varying levels of attendance in stadiums (visible), depending on price, team success, etc.
2) suspensions and player discipline rating

# 49 himynameisao @ 04/17/15 12:48 PM
I just want something simple. If the game is winding down and I'm winning, can I get a quick option to knee the ball down, end the game, and get some animation? That's it.

# 50 loco78 @ 04/17/15 12:51 PM
a custom mode to create new teams also for off-line competitive mode can make this game great

# 51 SmittyD81 @ 04/17/15 01:23 PM
After reading a good number of posts, we already know about the 11 years of frustration, but in the past 4 games, since internal lead changes took place (which was key), the game is FINALLY making the progress that should’ve took place long ago. Just also remember the fact that this is the first full development cycle for Madden since M13. M25 and 15 were shortened cycles, hence why the progression appeared to be minute to a decent number o f people (myself included, but I liked the improvement regardless.) I’ll just say this like I’ve done on the show I’m a part of, Twitter, even on YouTube…If the game doesn’t have what you’re looking for (especially with JM16 on the horizon), then please don’t buy the game and leave it on the shelf. I see and hear many say “I’m done with Madden” yet buy it over and over again. Only to complain and make claims about being “lied to” after all the videos, interviews and articles are posted about this game well before launch telling/showing us all EXACTLY what’ll be in the game (talking about these past 3 years here).

I’m mainly excited to see competition back into the football gaming marketplace. I’m looking forward to what both games have to offer (M16 and JM16). When that time comes, it’ll be very exciting for the sports gaming community. When the companies compete, we win!!

# 52 razorkaos @ 04/17/15 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
Allow us to edit players at any time in Offline CFM. Name, appearance, attributes, everything. NCAA 14 had no problem with it. Customizable draft classes would be awesome.

Better QB play like stated above. Let's see the difference between good and bad QB's that they promised in M15.

Rework the progression/regression system. Players aren't guaranteed to lose all of their speed and strength at a certain age in reality, only in Madden. Progression is still way too fast in most cases.

A better off-season. It's my favorite part of CFM and it feels very vanilla and is over quickly.

More storylines instead of the same handful every season. Rugby player, trick shot kicker video, coach's son, etc... sound familiar?

If we can't edit players or draft classes, please revisit the generator. I've never seen a 4-3 DT over 293lbs. That's ridiculous. Most LT's are under-sized and under-weight. The majority are under 6' 3", when in this upcoming draft there's only like 2 entering the draft listed under 6' 5". Let's have 3-4 OLB's with proper size. Let's NOT have every black player have dreads. We could go on and on here... just let us edit everything. Simple.

How about an All-Madden setting that doesn't give the CPU players physical attribute bonuses? I want the better AI of All-Madden but I don't want my 95 speed WR being mirrored step for step by what's supposed to be an 88 speed CB.

So much more to ask and hope for but that's what comes to mind first for me.

Pretty much this.

My biggest problems with Madden are the attribute bonuses and off-season.

I was thinking about how shallow is the scouting and drafting process in the game, and it's ridiculous. Every draft is almost like a gamble.

The all-madden problem I personally don't think they will address... Never. This ia a problem in all EA sports titles since the 16-bit era: They just don't know how to balance the easiest and hardest settings.

# 53 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 04/17/15 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
After reading a good number of posts, we already know about the 11 years of frustration, but in the past 4 games, since internal lead changes took place (which was key), the game is FINALLY making the progress that should’ve took place long ago. Just also remember the fact that this is the first full development cycle for Madden since M13. M25 and 15 were shortened cycles, hence why the progression appeared to be minute to a decent number o f people (myself included, but I liked the improvement regardless.) I’ll just say this like I’ve done on the show I’m a part of, Twitter, even on YouTube…If the game doesn’t have what you’re looking for (especially with JM16 on the horizon), then please don’t buy the game and leave it on the shelf. I see and hear many say “I’m done with Madden” yet buy it over and over again. Only to complain and make claims about being “lied to” after all the videos, interviews and articles are posted about this game well before launch telling/showing us all EXACTLY what’ll be in the game (talking about these past 3 years here).

I’m mainly excited to see competition back into the football gaming marketplace. I’m looking forward to what both games have to offer (M16 and JM16). When that time comes, it’ll be very exciting for the sports gaming community. When the companies compete, we win!!
There will be no competition unless Joe Montana football has the NFL license & that's just the sad truth Smitty. Even if JM16 is a superior game, without the license it won't last. Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

# 54 4thQtrStre5S @ 04/17/15 01:37 PM
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/...boys-takeaways

A number of 4-3 DL over 293 pounds..Just saying...

# 55 Thetruedarksun @ 04/17/15 01:39 PM
I want EA to prove that they care this year. I could ask for a bunch of things but I want EA to prove that they actually care. I played 2k5 football which came out in 04 till like 2009 and didn't own another madden till 2010 only to be disappointed. Bought madden every year after that only to sell it back to gamestop by October. All that said I like the feel and play of the game now continue to improve, show me you actually care EA about more that just MUT. 2k has virtual currency but they still manage to put out a respectable Game every year not perfect but a hell of a lot better than the attempts you guys do with Madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 56 SmittyD81 @ 04/17/15 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
There will be no competition unless Joe Montana football has the NFL license & that's just the sad truth Smitty. Even if JM16 is a superior game, without the license it won't last. Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.
That could be true, but we'll see. I want it NFL licensed too.

# 57 trey2k198003 @ 04/17/15 02:03 PM
DEEPER FRANCHISE TO MOVE MY TEAM WHERE I WANT ALSO TO MAKE MY OWN JERESY I WOULD LOVE THE OPTION TO CUSTOMIZE CONFRENCES LIKE IN EVERY OTHER SPORTS GAME AND ALSO I WANT TO HEAR HOW THE CPU WILL BE HARDER IN SINGLE PLAYER MODE INSTEAD OF HAVING TO FIND MULTIPLE SLIDERS TO FIX THE DIFFICULTY

# 58 Northcutt1 @ 04/17/15 02:15 PM
Ability to activate or inactive you're practice squad players.

# 59 josephid @ 04/17/15 03:23 PM
Madden just dosent feel like on the field or in the game. Too many cut scenes. The only time I feel anything is in hurry up offense. Because after the play it is in real time.

After a touchdown we get a corny cut scene? Make it an open world, in real time we run to stands, run back to bench, players in real time interacting.

Who cares about a cut scene before game. I always skip it, what about us having to physically walk out on the field, even warm up qb with some kind of target passes. Heck during the week have practices with achievements or scouting. Mini graves of qb, db, wr skill drills.

Also, exaggerate what each team is, passing teams pass every down. If I am playing R. Wilson have him run all the time. Give each team something different. Make each team have a few players super human instead of all the same.

As for weather, I never played a game where weather made a difference. Again, exaggerate things, snow, slip too much, rain, fumble too much, wind have the ball go sideways too much.

Remember, a great madden is a great sim and great arcade combined. I actually turn up sacks to make defense seem interesting.

Last, what about a score ticker where we see clips or updates of the rb or qb scoring a td

# 60 CM Hooe @ 04/17/15 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephid
Also, exaggerate what each team is, passing teams pass every down. If I am playing R. Wilson have him run all the time. Give each team something different. Make each team have a few players super human instead of all the same.

As for weather, I never played a game where weather made a difference. Again, exaggerate things, snow, slip too much, rain, fumble too much, wind have the ball go sideways too much.

Remember, a great madden is a great sim and great arcade combined. I actually turn up sacks to make defense seem interesting.
I'm highlighting these points you made because I find this alternative look at how the game could be designed really interesting.

I don't know if the majority of people on this specific forum would agree with adding what you are proposing, but it certainly would make for a more dynamic football video game, if less authentic.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.