Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The Madden NFL 16 hype train has begun! EA Sports has just announced the game will launch on August 25th. They have scheduled news, features and details to arrive sometime in May.

Last year, EA Sports (along with Amazon and GameStop) provided details on Madden NFL 15 on April 28th, along with a teaser trailer, featuring Luke Kuechly of the Carolina Panthers.. They also kicked off the cover voting on May 8th.

What are you hoping to see and hear about in May?

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DJ @ 04/17/15 04:11 PM
I'll be honest, I probably didn't give Madden 15 a fair shake. I joined the PS4 contingent at the end of 2014 and picked up Madden 15 shortly thereafter. Unfortunately for the game, it sat on my shelf for a long time as I became immediately engrossed with NBA 2K15, a game I still play almost daily, even with MLB 15 The Show being out.

The few times I did play Madden 15, I thought the game was pretty good. The problem I had was that I never had a desire to play it over other games in my library. Now, that could be because football season was coming to a close (my Giants were long-since eliminated) or that years of playing mediocre video football had caught up with me. Maybe a combination of the two, I don't know.

With Madden 15, I felt like I had to force myself to play the game, instead of just wanting to play it for enjoyment.

There's certainly legacy issues that have already been touched on that I don't need to repeat here. For me, the big thing I'm looking for is immersion. I just don't get that feeling from Madden like I do with MLB The Show and more specifically, NBA 2K.

# 62 m1ke_nyc @ 04/17/15 04:26 PM
Completely redone QB animations

WR/DB interactions

Fully working penalty and challenge system

Differentiate players (see NBA2K)

I would love for the tony bruno show to come back or something similar debuts

improved halftime show

true step working at all times for all players on the field

# 63 SageInfinite @ 04/17/15 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephid
Remember, a great madden is a great sim and great arcade combined
This is exactly what Madden is, and anyone hoping for anything else needs to give it up. Just stop buying it. It will never be more than this, and most people don't want it to be.

# 64 soadeathdealer @ 04/17/15 05:01 PM
I want to see them fix all the bugs that have been there for years.
i would also like them to add the things they added to the PS4 version to the PS3 version since there is no reason they can't and its all about forcing you to buy the PS4

# 65 twogotwingz3 @ 04/17/15 05:11 PM
I hope to hear they are giving up the license and they hope to see competition from NFL 2k and NFL Fever again lol

# 66 Jerros @ 04/17/15 05:29 PM
So I guess we will finally see ALL these issues fixed?

1. Broken Penalty system
2. Broken Physics and tackling
3. No WR/DB interactions
4. Positioning is meaningless because players limbs become intangible phasing through bodies.
5. Line play is still a mess due to lack of true technique and fundamentals.
6. Linemen still lose interest in their assignment allowing Defensive players to go by them without pursuit to engage.
7. Man coverage is broken due to pvp AI being as dumb as possible will cpu AI uses warping and sudden speed burst to make plays IE rubberband AI
8. WAY too many scripted outcomes based on animated sequences and not organic play.
9. Zone coverage is horrible because of horrid read and react. LBs will watch passes go over their heads standing completely still.
10. Dbs will sit still covering a spot and not reacting to their zone assignments.
11. QB mechanics are a busted affair with horrible footwork and dicey pass animations.
12. Balls will sudden change direction as if they were curved bullets in the movie WANTED.
13. The reach animation that DBs uses causes them to shift and warp awkwardly.
14. DBs and WRs can get caught using the SAME EXACT catch animations on a play vs the DB actually playing coverage and functioning on a seperate system.
15. Tackles involving more that one player turns into complete chaos due to each player fall lifeless in the process.
16. Running backs get stuck up against linenmen as if magnetized during inside runs.
17. Running backs gain yards on gravity defying leaf blower sequences while holding the ball behind them where it could and should be easily stripped.
I can keep going but you get the picture. This game needs A LOT of work and I do hope they address these issues. Pretending like this game plays solid realistic football is just complete denile. And incase you think I'm making this stuff up just head over to youtube and check RyanMoody21, BBressurrect, my vids and many many others who have VISUAL evidence of all these issues. These are not OPINIONS but FACTS about this game. Look for yourselves. Until we're honest about the state of this product it will NEVER EVER get better. Let's hope competition gives them the right push to actually deliver a next gen product.

# 67 kjcheezhead @ 04/17/15 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
After reading a good number of posts, we already know about the 11 years of frustration, but in the past 4 games, since internal lead changes took place (which was key), the game is FINALLY making the progress that should’ve took place long ago. Just also remember the fact that this is the first full development cycle for Madden since M13. M25 and 15 were shortened cycles, hence why the progression appeared to be minute to a decent number o f people (myself included, but I liked the improvement regardless.) I’ll just say this like I’ve done on the show I’m a part of, Twitter, even on YouTube…If the game doesn’t have what you’re looking for (especially with JM16 on the horizon), then please don’t buy the game and leave it on the shelf. I see and hear many say “I’m done with Madden” yet buy it over and over again. Only to complain and make claims about being “lied to” after all the videos, interviews and articles are posted about this game well before launch telling/showing us all EXACTLY what’ll be in the game (talking about these past 3 years here).

I’m mainly excited to see competition back into the football gaming marketplace. I’m looking forward to what both games have to offer (M16 and JM16). When that time comes, it’ll be very exciting for the sports gaming community. When the companies compete, we win!!
Why do we always hear this at the start of a new marketing run? Madden 25 was supposed to have had its own team working on getting it to these consoles and it was just a port anyways. Madden 15 was the first full dev cycle last year. Now 16 is. Is this year 1,2 or 3 of the 3 year plan?

The game is what it is. No need to make excuses. I don't hear about nba 2k or the Show getting shortened development cycles. They just make great games every year. Madden is what it is. If you like it great, but if you don't let's not pretend it's because "it's not there yet". It is there. It's a SIM/arcade hybrid, just like it's always been designed to be. Just like it or leave at this point.

I'm really looking forward to Joe Montana 16 this year but not because it will push madden to do something it wouldn't do on its own. It's because I'll have options on what type of football game I want.

# 68 mjavon @ 04/17/15 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Necessary:
1) fix sack issue/ai for qb's
2) custom draft classes (sharable)
3) penalties
4) player/coach editting in offline cfm
5) menus - if I want to look at a "player card", once I close it it should return me to the same spot, NOT allllll the way back to my own team's roster screen. same idea with box scores.

Good-to-have:
1) Holder position on depth chart so my 2nd string QB's yards per game number makes actual sense...
2) A way to identify where an opponent's key player(s) are lined up on the field - it'd be nice to know where JJ Watt is lined uo on a particular play so I can either run the other way or slide my protection towards him
3) more franchise specific commentary. They've tried this but half the time the stats don't load properly so it accuses Andre Johnson of having a bad week a week ago when in fact he caught ten passes.
4) better cpu playcalling
5) mock drafts in the offseason
6) better scouting, add a nfl comparison for each player and include their college stats (and make those stats editable when you create a class)
7) injuries - players aren't out for a specific amount of time, example: could be out 2-4 weeks and at some point he becomes PRB, QST, DBT.
8) around the league scoreboard during franchise games with updates from other games, just like NCAA 14.

Things they won't put in, but I'd like:
1) varying levels of attendance in stadiums (visible), depending on price, team success, etc.
2) suspensions and player discipline rating
Something I forgot - fix/tweak the sim engine. It's not all that bad as is, but stand to see some improvements on passing and rushing stats, and there needs to be fewer games that end in ties.

# 69 ironjumpman_23 @ 04/17/15 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
2-3 years ago this thread would be 50 pages long by now.

It is incredible how much interest has been lost within this community regarding Madden. I think people have just been worn down from the quality of this product since 06', and the Tiburon teams inability to turn this franchise around.

Madden has dropped so far below the quality of other sports games (particularly MLB The Show and NBA 2K) that even the casual gamer is taking notice.

Madden will still sell because of the power of the NFL brand. With that said, this game has been SEVERELY lacking since 06' and has taken baby steps getting better.. I was shocked that the developers did not overhaul the entire engine for this generation. Unfortunately, this tells me that the powers to be over Madden are content with its current state.

I will keep my eyes on the news about Madden in hopes that something finally changes. I no longer hold my breathe when it comes to this series and have not bought the game in three years now, after buying every Madden since 92'.

Madden is in desperate need of new leadership (from the very top) that is willing to take risk, innovate, and breathe new life into this series. Or, the NFL exclusitivity needs to end and allow for competition. Competition would force innovation, Madden would not make it long in a market with competition without significant changes.

Edit- Could you imagine a football game with the quality and attention to detail of NBA 2K or The Show...
Yeah I can, it would have been called NFL 2k16

# 70 SmittyD81 @ 04/17/15 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Why do we always hear this at the start of a new marketing run? Madden 25 was supposed to have had its own team working on getting it to these consoles and it was just a port anyways. Madden 15 was the first full dev cycle last year. Now 16 is. Is this year 1,2 or 3 of the 3 year plan?

The game is what it is. No need to make excuses. I don't hear about nba 2k or the Show getting shortened development cycles. They just make great games every year. Madden is what it is. If you like it great, but if you don't let's not pretend it's because "it's not there yet". It is there. It's a SIM/arcade hybrid, just like it's always been designed to be. Just like it or leave at this point.

I'm really looking forward to Joe Montana 16 this year but not because it will push madden to do something it wouldn't do on its own. It's because I'll have options on what type of football game I want.
Btw, Cam never said 3 year plan. If you pay attention to what I do, I've been echoing this same sentiment all year, but I don't post much here, so I don't expect you to personally know. Just stating some facts.

# 71 shaunlmason @ 04/17/15 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironjumpman_23
Yeah I can, it would have been called NFL 2k16
That could have been the football version of MLB 2K, right?

# 72 CM Hooe @ 04/17/15 07:01 PM
This is the Madden NFL forum.

No more 2K talk in this thread.

# 73 razorkaos @ 04/17/15 07:57 PM
I also forgot to mention the penalties issue, or the lack of penalties.

I didn't play 15, so i don't know if the problem was fixed, but the OL/DL interactions could use some help.

# 74 kaletore11 @ 04/17/15 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
WR/DB animations
A working penalty system
A working QB system, bad QB's are bad, good Qb's are good. Also, enough of the dink and dunk routine

Much improved QB awareness when a sack is approaching. Throw the ball away or take off.

Better animations.
I agree with this post 100%.

# 75 ironjumpman_23 @ 04/17/15 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunlmason
That could have been the football version of MLB 2K, right?
Mlb 2k are you serious...you have to stay in the same sport....NFL.....A 2K football brand would have killed Madden on any given Sunday period, and Ea knew that. NFL would have been leaps and bounds ahead of Madden right now especially in a next gen category.

# 76 wlucky @ 04/17/15 08:58 PM
Seen this way too many times. Odb made that catch coupled with them not giving any love to the dB's last year with Richard Sherman on the cover no doubt and this year will have "dynamic catching and fighting for the ball" feature..tech already in live 15. Check the in air "physics" from that game with contested shots...that plus some tweaking to all other areas with means possible breaking of some other areas is what we are gonna get. Lowered expectations..

# 77 NINJAK2 @ 04/17/15 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaletore11
I agree with this post 100%.

I agree with this as well. Believe it or not I like Madden 15 but these issues aggravate me to no end (especially the lack of db/wr interactions). DB's either mirror wr routes like mimes or get beat by 5 yards. 16 desperately needs to address this and to not have any animations for this with Richard Sherman being on the cover is sad.

# 78 CM Hooe @ 04/17/15 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
What game are you playing?
I was playing Madden NFL 15, a game you've admitted on the forum that you've never played.

Which is fine - you buy the games you want to play and I'll buy the ones I want to play. However, do understand how some may find any criticism you offer of any game baseless if you lack firsthand experience with the thing.

# 79 Smallville102001 @ 04/17/15 10:28 PM
Quote:

Yeah it was said that madden 25 was built from the ground up and had like a 2 year cycle. Not only that but its not even just about another games like the show being better because heck even madden like 05 on ps2 still has things it dose better then madden 15 did and that is pathetic lol.

# 80 Potatoes002 @ 04/17/15 10:45 PM
Quote:

Well Madden 25 for the Xbox One/PS4 came out in December that year, so the development cycle should have been short for Madden 15. Technically, I think this year's game should be the first full year of development.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.