Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

It appears as if the passing game, specifically the receivers and DBs, are due for an overhaul in Madden NFL 16. The four candidates for the cover athlete this year include Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson, Steelers WR Antonio Brown, Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski, and Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr.

While all four players are impressive on the field, the cover voting figures to be a pretty obvious affair -- as Odell Beckham Jr. likely will win the vote in a pretty easy decision.

Here's how I'd assign the field:

The Longshot - Patrick Peterson, CB, Arizona
The Darkhorse - Antonio Brown, WR, Pittsburgh
The Contender - Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England
The Odds-On Favorite - Odell Beckham Jr., WR, New York Giants

More interestingly, the fact all of the players are involved in the passing game aspect of football probably telegraphs quite a bit of what is coming. We've been hearing (and have even reported) that the passing game was going to be a major focus in Madden NFL 16, and this does nothing but seemingly confirm that direction.

Is this the year we'll finally see the passing game take the next step? We shall soon see!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Cusefan @ 05/04/15 07:16 PM
If Gronk wins EA should include a voucher for a free mini bottle of fireball

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 2 rkocjay @ 05/04/15 07:33 PM
Just be a good game but I'll vote obj as a Giants fan

# 3 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/04/15 07:34 PM
I am pulling for Peterson...If Gronk is on the cover I may stay with M15.

# 4 SpyPirates @ 05/04/15 08:10 PM
I like the field this year... I felt as if my cover votes last year were "votes against" players I didn't want on the cover rather than players I actually wanted to see.

I'm indifferent between Peterson and OBJ, but I'll probably vote Peterson since OBJ is the favorite

# 5 Atax1s @ 05/04/15 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I am pulling for Peterson...If Gronk is on the cover I may stay with M15.
You would skip the game based off of the cover athlete? That's a pretty weak reason. Have fun with that.

# 6 syncinatti @ 05/04/15 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkocjay
Just be a good game but I'll vote obj as a Giants fan
ARE YOU CRAZY!!!??? DON'T YOU DARE!!!! As a die hard NY Giants fan I don't want OBJ no where near that cover. The Madden curse is real!!

# 7 rkocjay @ 05/04/15 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncinatti
ARE YOU CRAZY!!!??? DON'T YOU DARE!!!! As a die hard NY Giants fan I don't want OBJ no where near that cover. The Madden curse is real!!
you know what your right what was i thinking good thing i didnt vote yet

# 8 ChaseB @ 05/04/15 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
If Gronk wins EA should include a voucher for a free mini bottle of fireball

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would prefer to get Gronk-inspired erotica instead.

# 9 DeuceDouglas @ 05/04/15 10:35 PM
Let's just hope that if ODB is on the cover we don't see his once in a lifetime catch every game like we did with Tyree's.

# 10 Sheba2011 @ 05/04/15 11:04 PM
@MossMan84

If anything I think it's a rap for Gronk. I think this whole thing was designed to get Gronk on the cover. Outside of NY/NJ I can't see many voting for OBJ, and don't forget Northern NY is Gronk's home.

# 11 rkocjay @ 05/05/15 05:19 AM
Vote for Peterson

# 12 BaylorBearBryant @ 05/05/15 06:24 AM
Thank God they didn't put JJ Watt in the vote. Can't afford him getting hurt.

# 13 MoneyOvaHuds @ 05/05/15 07:14 AM
Vote for Peterson yall , he's the most disliked

# 14 Hammerhunker @ 05/05/15 08:10 AM
Beckham emerged onto the scene in a way that is usually seen only in a video game so it makes sense he's the favorite. However, I think J.J. Watt is the best football player in the league. He's my favorite for the cover, but it's easy for me to say him because I'm not a Texans' fan, so sorry for that recommendation to all of you Texan fans.

# 15 GlennN @ 05/05/15 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
Breaking down the cover vote....wow you guys are anxious for news.
I was thinking the same thing . . .

# 16 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/05/15 02:40 PM
Peterson go Cards!!!!

# 17 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 05/05/15 04:25 PM
It has to be Gronk. He's the obvious choice as he is coming off a Super Bowl victory.

# 18 tnacrimson @ 05/05/15 07:42 PM
whI could care less whos on the cover i would still buy the game in all honesty shoulda been JJ watt guys a monster

# 19 oneamongthefence @ 05/06/15 11:01 PM
I'm trying to think of an aspect to each individual athletes game that could be a gameplay feature.

Gronk could mean more aggressive receivers. Like a button to push off defenders and the ability to out muscle them for the ball. Back of the box tagline would be: fight for every pass. It would make stronger receivers stand out much more.

Patrick Peterson is a risk taker but with the speed to cover up his mistakes. Not really known as a physical corner. The feature there could be improved secondary play. Tagline: we finally got PI in you guys.

Odell could mean a sort of reemergence of safe and aggressive catch buttons. Tagline: Make your own highlight reel.

Antonio Brown I haven't seen much of.

# 20 Td1984 @ 05/07/15 12:59 PM
With the Madden Curse and all, I'll vote for Antonio Brown

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.