Home
Project CARS News Post

While we already have a topic created for the PC version of Project CARS, we wanted to start one for the console gamers.

Put in some laps and post your impressions!

Game: Project CARSReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox OneVotes for game: 1 - View All
Project CARS Videos
Member Comments
# 81 SinisterAlex @ 05/13/15 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
Very nice run. Took those turns very well. You inspired me to keep grinding with manual transmission.

Helmet cam for me too. Project Morpheus is going to be so sick with this.

Oh and this is the type of game that you have to be 100% focused on while playing. If you have distractions going at your home its damn near impossible to focus.
I know what you mean. There were some times last night were I'd go to quickly check my phone or even just scratch and itch I'd have and next thing I'd know I was losing control of my car lol.

Had these two laps in a Formula A car last night before I went to bed. You utmost focus needs to be given to these cars with all assists off. Too much throttle and/or brake will cause these things to go crazy. But I love the sound of them and they're really fun to drive. Again all assists are off and such.

# 82 calbrs04 @ 05/13/15 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabke
I'm not gonna turn this into a "Should I buy this" thread, but I have a question for you guys who are more experienced with racers. I bought DriveClub for cheap and have really been enjoying it. But I don't like the grind to unlock cars, the lack of a career mode, and the lack of customization within settings. I'm a total novice to racers and have been steadily getting better with DriveClub. There's something about it that just isn't right to me. I was thinking about trading DriveClub in for Project Cars because of all the things I mentioned above. It seems like I can tune the settings until I can figure stuff out, which I can't seem to do in DriveClub. Does that seem like a worthwhile swap?
Drive club is more of an arcade racer. Project cars is a sim. Haven't played much of project cars and I'm impressed.

# 83 jrdsvtk @ 05/13/15 11:11 AM
Bought pcars on PC and am enjoying the hell out of it. Have the ps4 version arriving tomorrow. The Morpheus angle has my interest highly piqued. Looking forward to some online races with folks on here.

# 84 RunN1st @ 05/13/15 12:27 PM
This game is about as sim as you can get on a console. I feel right at home with the difficulty and all the options you can tweak. Unfortunately, the average gamer will probably be turned off by the learning curve.

# 85 longranger @ 05/13/15 12:28 PM
which system is the best to play it on???? PS4 or XBONE

# 86 Hunkerdown @ 05/13/15 01:13 PM
Anyone get into career mode? and how is racing against AI, any sweet settings to make them competitive? I do not have much time for online multi, so career mode has to represent.

# 87 longranger @ 05/13/15 01:21 PM
someone let me know whether to buy xbone or ps4. getting ready to buy in a couple of hours

# 88 RunN1st @ 05/13/15 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longranger
someone let me know whether to buy xbone or ps4. getting ready to buy in a couple of hours
I only have a PS4 and it plays and looks great. If you are looking to race with a wheel then you should check which wheels are compatible with each system.

# 89 Ritch211 @ 05/13/15 01:58 PM
I have been trying to find an unbiased PS4 comparison of Project Cars and DriveClub. I haven't played either but want to buy one of them. I can afford both, but don't have time to invest in both with a lot of the games coming out. DriveClub seems to be the consensus winner on graphics, but little else. Anyone have an unbiased opinion on the matter? Thanks.

# 90 Ritch211 @ 05/13/15 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritch211
I have been trying to find an unbiased PS4 comparison of Project Cars and DriveClub. I haven't played either but want to buy one of them. I can afford both, but don't have time to invest in both with a lot of the games coming out. DriveClub seems to be the consensus winner on graphics, but little else. Anyone have an unbiased opinion on the matter? Thanks.
I kind of found my answer in the other comments here. I am a bit of a graphics nut, but also like realism in the physics. I guess I can always try one and sell it off if I don't like it.

# 91 Ed21 @ 05/13/15 02:22 PM
Quote:
Metacritic scores:

PS4: 85 (8.2 user score)
XB1: 81 (4.9 user score)

Looks like PS4 would be the better choice.

# 92 ROABS @ 05/13/15 03:02 PM
Quote:
id go ps4. alltho i went with pc.

# 93 thaSLAB @ 05/13/15 03:07 PM
Quote:
Quote:
I kind of found my answer in the other comments here. I am a bit of a graphics nut, but also like realism in the physics. I guess I can always try one and sell it off if I don't like it.
Coming from someone who absolutely loves DriveClub, I consider it easy to give an unbiased opinion, mainly because the only real similarity is that they're both racers. After that, they are very different at their core, and target audience really. One (DC) is an "arcade-sim" (but it's really an arcade racer at the end of the day). And it happened to be my favorite arcade racer, btw. The other (PCARS) is a true sim, with tons of options to get it to play however you like. I don't think you can make it as arcade as your typical arcade racer though. You definitely can't drive one game, like the other. You are probably right, DC is the better looking game, but not by much and it's mostly due to the second-to-none weather effects.

That said, PCARS is a great sim racer that purist (like many of us here) will absolutely love. I've enjoyed my couple hours with it greatly, and would say it's a must have for a racing sim fan. And it is best sim you'll see/have seen on a console, without a doubt. On the other hand, if you're a more casual fan, PCARS can be a pretty overbearing experience. If you realize that tuning your controls, is as much of the experience as tuning your cars, it makes a big difference too. You kind of have to be realistic in how you approach a game like this. All of which, I'm sure you already know.

So, having talked in a circle (lol), I'd go with PCARS as it is the latest and greatest. And being more critically acclaimed, should have the larger community going forward. And it will only get better over time. Hope that helps.

# 94 Ritch211 @ 05/13/15 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Coming from someone who absolutely loves DriveClub, I consider it easy to give an unbiased opinion, mainly because the only real similarity is that they're both racers. After that, they are very different at their core, and target audience really. One (DC) is an "arcade-sim" (but it's really an arcade racer at the end of the day). And it happened to be my favorite arcade racer, btw. The other (PCARS) is a true sim, with tons of options to get it to play however you like. I don't think you can make it as arcade as your typical arcade racer though. You definitely can't drive one game, like the other. You are probably right, DC is the better looking game, but not by much and it's mostly due to the second-to-none weather effects.

That said, PCARS is a great sim racer that purist (like many of us here) will absolutely love. I've enjoyed my couple hours with it greatly, and would say it's a must have for a racing sim fan. And it is best sim you'll see/have seen on a console, without a doubt. On the other hand, if you're a more casual fan, PCARS can be a pretty overbearing experience. If you realize that tuning your controls, is as much of the experience as tuning your cars, it makes a big difference too. You kind of have to be realistic in how you approach a game like this. All of which, I'm sure you already know.

So, having talked in a circle (lol), I'd go with PCARS as it is the latest and greatest. And being more critically acclaimed, should have the larger community going forward. And it will only get better over time. Hope that helps.
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it. That spelled it out quite clearly for me. Much appreciated!

# 95 thaSLAB @ 05/13/15 03:15 PM
Quote:
I'd go with PS4 between the console versions... the game has better resolution and performs slightly better. There was a pre-release video where the developer basically said that the PS4 was the definitive version. I haven't looked at any comparison videos, or reviews to see how big (or small) of a difference there is. I only have a PS4, so my decision was easy. I do think the PS4 will have the larger community amongst the consoles as well.

You may want to check your options for peripherals, but IMO it's thin on both sides. I will say, my short time with PCARS already has me ready to bite the bullet, and splurge on a wheel.

# 96 longranger @ 05/13/15 03:31 PM
Thank you so much guys!!!!!!

# 97 LingeringRegime @ 05/13/15 04:37 PM
Something I just discovered that has helped me is that you can allow an AI racer to take control. This really helps because you can see first hand what gears to be in on different turns and such. You can access the option in the quick race weekend mode during the practice runs.

# 98 LingeringRegime @ 05/13/15 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Anyone get into career mode? and how is racing against AI, any sweet settings to make them competitive? I do not have much time for online multi, so career mode has to represent.
I stuck my toe in the water with the AI set at 80 during career mode. Let's just say I'm not ready yet. Not even close.

# 99 RunN1st @ 05/13/15 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
I stuck my toe in the water with the AI set at 80 during career mode. Let's just say I'm not ready yet. Not even close.
Curious... what setting are you running. I'm doing 80 but need to drop since I'm running in the back of the pack in all of the tracks.

# 100 LingeringRegime @ 05/13/15 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Curious... what setting are you running. I'm doing 80 but need to drop since I'm running in the back of the pack in all of the tracks.

I just started using the reddit settings. They worked better for me than the original settings I posted. I think I will use 70 AI for now and see if that helps more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.