Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

MLB 15 The Show patch 1.03 is available now for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, which fixes quite a few offline and online issues with the game. Check out the details below and let us know what you are seeing.
  • Offline/Online - Fixed the issue causing runners to be left on base after a home run. This would happen any time a user runner went half way and was stopped when the ball went over the fence and was a called a HR
  • Offline/Online - CPU or User would attempt to advance after a high infield fly ball was caught. Defender would use a casual throw to the next base, but it would be too slow and the runner would often be safe
  • Intentional walk exploit fixed – Calling for an intentional walk after the baserunner leads off causes the baserunner to take additional steps and getting thrown out easily.
  • Online - New Action shots for 50 players, to be seen on Player cards in Collections and Diamond Dynasty mode.
  • Online - Collections screen now save and load the last page you were on, making buying and selling cards more streamlined.
  • Online - Tuning to Online Gameplay - These fixes are all intended to stabilize online gameplay and eliminate consumer reported blue screen crashes and hangs that lead to standoffs.
  • Offline/Online - Foul/Fair ball detection in CHI White Sox - 3rd base line
  • Online - HBP/avoid and pitcher ejection issue - One user would get a HBP reaction and ejected, the other user would not resulting in a freeze.
  • Online – When defensive shifts would occur in an online game, the OSD’s were inaccurate. Fix for Defensive Positioning drop down to reflect the current defense.
  • Online/Offline - Reduce the success rate of bunts
  • Offline - Fixed retail crash while simulating through Franchise mode. Occurrences described below:
    • Crashes when simulation far in the future
    • Crash when autosaving following very specific injury sequences
    • Crash when simming through certain pinch hit appearances
    • Crash when entering the amateur draft
  • Offline - Fixed a low frequency retail crash in RTTS player editor.
  • Offline - Fenway red seat added in the right field bleachers.
  • Online - Restricting batting views for online games per Design - if user has batting view that is restricted, force batting view to catcher - don't give user restricted views for batting view
  • Online - issues with take it yourself plays at first base online have been resolved.
  • Online – Numerous online gameplay stability checks to eliminate consumer reported blue screen crashes.
  • Online - Resolving guess pitch on defensive machine and forcing offense machine to use data from defense machine
  • Offline – Changed the art of the Injured icon (Franchise/Season)
  • Online - Adding additional entitlements to the show shop, to allow for future promotional packs
  • Online/Offline – AI check that was not allowing for early moving catches
  • Offline - Fix for crowd catching flyball vs. fielder catching robbable balls - don't allow ball to attach to crowd if already attached to a player
  • Online Franchise/Diamond Dynasty – Play by Play audio code has been modified to exclude filling in career stats for Arena mode (DD) and League Mode. They get filled in for MLB season mode only. Online modes career data was incorrect.
  • Online - Adding one more minute to the online Pause menu countdown
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 countryboy @ 05/13/15 09:14 PM
First game after the patch:

I struck out 15 with Wainwright, drew 7 walks, and hit 5 homeruns in route to a 16-4 clubbing of the Padres.

I like this patch

# 62 DetroitStyle @ 05/13/15 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We never gave any indication this was being tuned. In addition it's not part of the code base we are comfortable messing with in a patch setting.
Thanks for the reply. Is there an alternative way this can be addressed or are our franchises forever doomed after 6+ years?

# 63 Russell_SCEA @ 05/13/15 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
Ramone, I didn't see this listed so I'm assuming it didn't make it in the patch, but are you guys going to address the fact that CPU teams in Franchise/RTTS carry ridiculous amounts of pitchers on the 25 man roster?

The Mets are carrying 15 pitchers right now in my RTTS. They don't even have a 4th outfielder on the big club, or an extra middle infielder. They've got an extra 1B and catcher and that's it, every other position goes 1 deep.

I haven't gotten particularly deep into franchise yet but I've heard other people mention this problem with their franchises as well.

Can't really mess with that type if stuff in a patch. Way to risky.

# 64 Russell_SCEA @ 05/13/15 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Thanks for the reply. Is there an alternative way this can be addressed or are our franchises forever doomed after 6+ years?
Your franchise is doomed?

# 65 Heroesandvillains @ 05/13/15 09:41 PM
Quote:
LOL! Yeah I gotta agree, his post was pretty Apocolyptic.

He's talking about how league ERA's plummet the further you sim into Franchise. Which I would agree with.

The issue seems to me that too many high potential pitchers are getting drafted, and most C's and especially B's are turning into A's which are all dominating the league.

# 66 Darkleaf @ 05/13/15 10:04 PM
Another year and the billboard ads behind home continue to change mid windup. R2 reminder on screen until next year. Pretty disappointing, I know nobody here seems to be bothered by either but damn just kills it for me.

# 67 Riggs @ 05/13/15 10:19 PM
All I want is full presentation when playing cpu in DD

# 68 Fours @ 05/13/15 10:35 PM
Quote:
"Doomed" might be a reach.. But there are a lot of customers that would appreciate you admitting that there is a legitimate issue here.

In the excellent live roster there are very few pitchers in the 90's, and the average starting pitching is probably about 78 overall. Some MLB pitching staffs don't have a single Starter in the 80's.

Around years 6-8, There are mid 80's SP's in the minors, and as you advance to seasons 12+ you'll find 90+ rated SP's in AAA blocked from the majors by a staff of aces.

The secondary effect is the massive contracts the league full of aces demands. Since the money they demand is based on the overall rating and not their actual value to the team, we're left with dozens of 90+ rated players sitting in free agency - including position players, where the ratings are accurately dispersed. So while there are 25 teams that need a star SS, one will sit unsigned for multiple seasons because the Dodgers instead decided to pay their 7th best starter 12M/y.

The alternative is to edit literally every pitcher on every team, While not all pitchers need a potential/overall edit, they do need their velocity decreased to avoid the entire league throwing 97+ heat.

There is a lot of work that need to be done on the the current progression logic, I don't expect you guys to fix it in an update, but give us an indication that you understand that pitchers don't add 12 MPH to their fastball out of high school, and that players don't get drafted as slow runners and develop speed as they age.

# 69 loganmorrison1 @ 05/13/15 10:48 PM
Defensive alignment graphic is broken offline as well, no fix?
nothing mentioned about the SB overlay graphic that has everyone with 5 CS
and defensive alignment has been broken for years, the setting doesn't stick unless you redo the alignment each time, extreme shift with 2 outs has the shortstop and third baseman standing on top of each other and I also think there is a glitch when you do shift, CPU batter almost always hits against the shift

# 70 hawkster3269 @ 05/13/15 11:05 PM
No fix for Champions being spelled wrong, twice, left of the scoreboard at Chase Field in Arizona. Dang. Its hilarious to see.

# 71 Spokker @ 05/13/15 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkster3269
No fix for Champions being spelled wrong, twice, left of the scoreboard at Chase Field in Arizona. Dang. Its hilarious to see.
My guess is that since it's an art asset and not a gameplay tweak or bug fix, it won't be fixed until next year.

# 72 dazzelle @ 05/13/15 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Yankees
I cant remember exactly but didnt one of the devs say something about a surprise for people that werent getting the free daily packs? Did that already happen?
I know i never received my gold loyalty upgrade for playing 14,not sure if that was resolved and i missed out.

Also while not a big issue or a bug i was hoping replay/camera angles may be tuned to happen/trigger more often.

Some i saw in the streams i haven't seen at all in game and the cool blimp cam i have only seen once in the many,many games i have played.

Still seeing this post patch.Sure i up voted a bug report for this.Has happened a number of times.

# 73 MLB14 @ 05/13/15 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
So things that we have to "deal with" even after both patches:

- Progression after year 6 has each team with a starting rotation consisting of multiple Cy Young's.

- Runners regularly taking 2 bases on sacrifice flies due to continued poor animations on throws that the cpu doesn't do so we're pretty much forced to play with auto fielding.

- starting pitchers not gaining energy back after 5 games in the postseason forcing you to have a 7 man rotation.

- foul balls at Wrigley field transporting into fielders gloves.

- Fielders missing tags on runners that should be out by 15 feet.

- Teams carrying 15 pitchers and no backup catcher or anything else.

- Stolen base graphic displaying that everyone has 5 caught steals.

Hmm, as much as I love the game, the lack of competition is really hurting this franchise.
While those are good ( Kanye moment ), not being able to dive or jump while fielding in player lock mode is even better, LOL.

# 74 ckarlic @ 05/14/15 12:05 AM
Quote:

- Runners regularly taking 2 bases on sacrifice flies due to continued poor animations on throws that the cpu doesn't do so we're pretty much forced to play with auto fielding.

What mode does this happen in? I have never seen this happen yet in my franchise.

# 75 kehlis @ 05/14/15 12:06 AM
Quote:
You don't have to "deal with" anything.

You're welcome to quit playing the game at any time you like.

# 76 ajblithe20 @ 05/14/15 12:20 AM
Quote:

- Progression after year 6 has each team with a starting rotation consisting of multiple Cy Young's.
I guess this can affect RTTS, but there are not many people going past year 4 or 5 in Franchise mode. While it is an issue, it's not one that the devs should put ahead of other important things.

I can honestly say after playing 30+ games (at the very least) I have not seen this happen a single time.
- starting pitchers not gaining energy back after 5 games in the postseason forcing you to have a 7 man rotation.
I agree this is an issue, but possibly done on purpose? It's not like guys with 80% of their energy are useless. You can also argue that many pitchers can't go very long into Postseason games anyway, because of overall fatigue their effectiveness is lessened. Just a couple of reasons why other issues can be seen as more important.

- foul balls at Wrigley field transporting into fielders gloves.
I've seen this many times, and I'd agree it's a pretty big problem, especially for people who play a lot at Wrigley. Although I have played a handful of games there and have not seen it happen.

- Fielders missing tags on runners that should be out by 15 feet.
Again, I've only seen this occur around 5 or 6 times. In real life, I've seen 4 missed tags of runners that were out by a lot. Tagging isn't as easy as it looks.

- Teams carrying 15 pitchers and no backup catcher or anything else.
This is a problem that I'm not happy with, but Ramone said that it's too risky to change this in a patch as opposed to other things. At least we can use 30 team control to combat it.

- Stolen base graphic displaying that everyone has 5 caught steals.
Is this in Franchise mode? I haven't noticed it but I haven't played a ton in Franchise mode. Sounds like an eyesore but it is just one graphic.

Hmm, as much as I love the game, the lack of competition is really hurting this franchise.
My responses in bold

Everyone wants the game to perfect. That obviously cannot happen. It's good to have all the games flaws pointed out so that devs are aware, but I think your expectations of what the game needs to be are way too high.

I don't think the lack of competition is hurting the game at all. They made so many improvements to the game this year. They definitely outweigh the list you put together.

# 77 kehlis @ 05/14/15 12:21 AM
Quote:
But doesn't it make more sense to list the issues so they know what's wrong instead of just telling someone not to play, so as to have the most complete and simulation-like product?
Absolutely.

But preceding it with sentences like "Things we still have to deal with" are so condescending that its incredible to me to think that you as an adult would even think that would accomplish anything.

I've agreed with you in several of your threads on some of your issues but as to your method of making a point you go about it at the completely wrong way.

# 78 Mrmagoo @ 05/14/15 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You don't have to "deal with" anything.

You're welcome to quit playing the game at any time you like.
And unfortunately that's what I decided to do when I found myself spending more time on work arounds than playing.

# 79 hongj @ 05/14/15 12:32 AM
The only thing I see which will impact my franchise - manage mode - is reducing the success rate of bunts which was not a problem for me.

# 80 kamackeris76 @ 05/14/15 12:41 AM
I have never played 30 team control and would not have a clue how to do it. How do I go about it? What do you have to do to manage the other teams?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.