Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

MLB 15 The Show patch 1.03 is available now for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, which fixes quite a few offline and online issues with the game. Check out the details below and let us know what you are seeing.
  • Offline/Online - Fixed the issue causing runners to be left on base after a home run. This would happen any time a user runner went half way and was stopped when the ball went over the fence and was a called a HR
  • Offline/Online - CPU or User would attempt to advance after a high infield fly ball was caught. Defender would use a casual throw to the next base, but it would be too slow and the runner would often be safe
  • Intentional walk exploit fixed – Calling for an intentional walk after the baserunner leads off causes the baserunner to take additional steps and getting thrown out easily.
  • Online - New Action shots for 50 players, to be seen on Player cards in Collections and Diamond Dynasty mode.
  • Online - Collections screen now save and load the last page you were on, making buying and selling cards more streamlined.
  • Online - Tuning to Online Gameplay - These fixes are all intended to stabilize online gameplay and eliminate consumer reported blue screen crashes and hangs that lead to standoffs.
  • Offline/Online - Foul/Fair ball detection in CHI White Sox - 3rd base line
  • Online - HBP/avoid and pitcher ejection issue - One user would get a HBP reaction and ejected, the other user would not resulting in a freeze.
  • Online – When defensive shifts would occur in an online game, the OSD’s were inaccurate. Fix for Defensive Positioning drop down to reflect the current defense.
  • Online/Offline - Reduce the success rate of bunts
  • Offline - Fixed retail crash while simulating through Franchise mode. Occurrences described below:
    • Crashes when simulation far in the future
    • Crash when autosaving following very specific injury sequences
    • Crash when simming through certain pinch hit appearances
    • Crash when entering the amateur draft
  • Offline - Fixed a low frequency retail crash in RTTS player editor.
  • Offline - Fenway red seat added in the right field bleachers.
  • Online - Restricting batting views for online games per Design - if user has batting view that is restricted, force batting view to catcher - don't give user restricted views for batting view
  • Online - issues with take it yourself plays at first base online have been resolved.
  • Online – Numerous online gameplay stability checks to eliminate consumer reported blue screen crashes.
  • Online - Resolving guess pitch on defensive machine and forcing offense machine to use data from defense machine
  • Offline – Changed the art of the Injured icon (Franchise/Season)
  • Online - Adding additional entitlements to the show shop, to allow for future promotional packs
  • Online/Offline – AI check that was not allowing for early moving catches
  • Offline - Fix for crowd catching flyball vs. fielder catching robbable balls - don't allow ball to attach to crowd if already attached to a player
  • Online Franchise/Diamond Dynasty – Play by Play audio code has been modified to exclude filling in career stats for Arena mode (DD) and League Mode. They get filled in for MLB season mode only. Online modes career data was incorrect.
  • Online - Adding one more minute to the online Pause menu countdown
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ajblithe20 @ 05/15/15 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Just played two games.

- Game 1 I was up 4-2 in the ninth. Brought in closer. Single, walk, 3 run Jack. Typical.

- Game 2, up 11-4 in the ninth. First batter hits a Jack, 11-5. Next batter single. Next batter routine grounder to shortstop. Booted right through the wickets. Next batter three run Jack, 11-8. This game really can be ridiculous sometimes.
I have no idea why this would happen to you often and not to me. I blow a save now and then, and sometimes when my pitcher's confidence is down I'll blow 2 or 3 in a 5 or 6 game span. But I save the vast majority of chances I get.

I've played at least 10 games in the past 3 days and I've given up 1 run in the 9th inning (and some were close games). So there's no way you have no control over this happening one way or another. So it apparently happens to you so much because 1) You're sliders are impacting it (I play on default sliders). 2) Your difficulty is somehow causing it (I play on All Star or HOF for everything). 3) User Error. You just forget how to pitch. Maybe you just get rattled lol

# 142 thaSLAB @ 05/15/15 11:18 PM
Quote:
Just played two games.

- Game 1 I was up 4-2 in the ninth. Brought in closer. Single, walk, 3 run Jack. Typical.

- Game 2, up 11-4 in the ninth. First batter hits a Jack, 11-5. Next batter single. Next batter routine grounder to shortstop. Booted right through the wickets. Next batter three run Jack, 11-8. This game really can be ridiculous sometimes.
At this point, you should probably just stop playing the game. You are way too emotionally vested, IMO. I don't think there's any way you could allow your self to enjoy the game.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 143 Speedy @ 05/15/15 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
At this point, you should probably just stop playing the game. You are way too emotionally vested, IMO. I don't think there's any way you could allow your self to enjoy the game.

I agree...PAD, you need to take a step back, my friend. Too good of a game not to enjoy.

# 144 thaSLAB @ 05/16/15 02:12 AM
Quote:
I'm way too emotionally vested because I described two examples of how the Cpu gets unrealistically good in the late innings? Perhaps you need to open your mind to the fact that this is a forum where people post about their video game experiences without being insulted or told to stop playing a game just because you don't experience what many others do.

And I play on HoF difficulty with a few slider adjustments.
Ok.

# 145 nomo17k @ 05/16/15 04:47 AM
Quote:
I'm way too emotionally vested because I described two examples of how the Cpu gets unrealistically good in the late innings? Perhaps you need to open your mind to the fact that this is a forum where people post about their video game experiences without being insulted or told to stop playing a game just because you don't experience what many others do.

Honestly I don't think thaSLAB meant to insult or tell you what to do... it's just that the way you frame all these "issues" make you appear more paranoiac than you probably really are.... For people like the developers who *know* for a fact what you suspect do not exist, it does appear that it is that tendency of people like yours that simply reinforces incorrect assumptions.

This is not to say some of issues you have risen are totally irrelevant in different contexts... just that so long as you keep attributing the cause of the issues to non-existing mechanisms (like late-inning, situational whatever), things will not improve at all for you. Engineers cannot "fix" things that do not exist.

# 146 Bobhead @ 05/16/15 10:37 AM
I made a bug report for the postseason pitcher stamina issue. If everyone could upvote this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/14891

# 147 Bobhead @ 05/16/15 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
But Russell said it wasnt a bug and was working as intended.
And again, that does not mean it's correct or isn't an issue. It's clearly an issue.

If you think it's appropriate for a pitcher to require 9 days of rest in the playoffs, then simply don't upvote.

# 148 jeremym480 @ 05/16/15 12:13 PM
Quote:

Move down to All Star or Veteran and you will be less frustrated.

# 149 Russell_SCEA @ 05/16/15 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I made a bug report for the postseason pitcher stamina issue. If everyone could upvote this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/14891

It's not a bug and it's not changing don't want you guys to waste your time.

# 150 Bobhead @ 05/16/15 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's not a bug and it's not changing don't want you guys to waste your time.
So you are happy with the fact that a pitcher can go 7-8 days without pitching and still be unable to pitch again?

There's no remotely plausible or logical explanation for this, I really hope you guys at least have a discussion about it.

# 151 ajblithe20 @ 05/16/15 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
So you are happy with the fact that a pitcher can go 7-8 days without pitching and still be unable to pitch again?

There's no remotely plausible or logical explanation for this, I really hope you guys at least have a discussion about it.

I don't know if you saw my other post about this, but maybe they do it this way to simulate pitcher fatigue for the whole season. This could be a good way of doing it. Just because your pitcher doesn't start with full stamina doesn't mean he can't be effective.

That's the only logical explanation I can think of, and I kind of like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 152 countryboy @ 05/16/15 02:13 PM
is everyone seeing the playoff pitcher stamina issue?

I am not there myself and was just curious.

# 153 HozAndMoose @ 05/16/15 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I don't know if you saw my other post about this, but maybe they do it this way to simulate pitcher fatigue for the whole season. This could be a good way of doing it. Just because your pitcher doesn't start with full stamina doesn't mean he can't be effective.

That's the only logical explanation I can think of, and I kind of like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Except that still doesnt make sense. The game is supposed to be realistic. 1 team in the last 5 years willingly started more that 4 pitchers in the playoffs. STL, SF and Cincy all did it in 2012. Cueto got hurt in his first start and Cincy had to go with a 5th guy. Same for STL and Jaime Garcia. SF went with 5 because Timmy sucked. That is 3 of 40 teams since 20 teams that used more than 4 starting pitchers.

And sure it would be fine if after 5 days the pitcher had say 75% of his energy back. But he doesnt. Its not even half at times. Your pitcher would be out of energy by the 3rd or 4th and then you are pitching at a disadvantage.

Now i havent went and looked at how many inning those guys were pitching for the teams that never used more than 4. But ill damn sure take the time if i have to.

# 154 TheRealC7R @ 05/16/15 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
is everyone seeing the playoff pitcher stamina issue?

I am not there myself and was just curious.
I can't say I have any stamina issues honestly. It could be down to pitching style; I use meter and pretty much never go into the red for pitch strength, never pitch over 100 pitches, and my starter is always ready to go for his next start.

# 155 HozAndMoose @ 05/16/15 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealC7R
I can't say I have any stamina issues honestly. It could be down to pitching style; I use meter and pretty much never go into the red for pitch strength, never pitch over 100 pitches, and my starter is always ready to go for his next start.

In the playoffs?

# 156 Madden's Jowels @ 05/16/15 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Except that still doesnt make sense. The game is supposed to be realistic. 1 team in the last 5 years willingly started more that 4 pitchers in the playoffs. STL, SF and Cincy all did it in 2012. Cueto got hurt in his first start and Cincy had to go with a 5th guy. Same for STL and Jaime Garcia. SF went with 5 because Timmy sucked. That is 3 of 40 teams since 20 teams that used more than 4 starting pitchers.

And sure it would be fine if after 5 days the pitcher had say 75% of his energy back. But he doesnt. Its not even half at times. Your pitcher would be out of energy by the 3rd or 4th and then you are pitching at a disadvantage.

Now i havent went and looked at how many inning those guys were pitching for the teams that never used more than 4. But ill damn sure take the time if i have to.

Yeah I'm sorry SCEA but if that's working as intended, it's just a poor decision on your parts.

Especially the fact that a pitcher only recoups stamina on game days, so "off days" don't count.

# 157 HozAndMoose @ 05/16/15 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
Yeah I'm sorry SCEA but if that's working as intended, it's just a poor decision on your parts.

Especially the fact that a pitcher only recoups stamina on game days, so "off days" don't count.
Im pretty sure they still get stamina back on off days. Its just really low.

# 158 Madden's Jowels @ 05/16/15 04:00 PM
Quote:
Im pretty sure they still get stamina back on off days. Its just really low.
They should get the same amount of stamina back on an off-day as they would on a game day when they're just not pitching. That doesn't make any sense.

And taking 7-8 or more days to get back your full stamina when it usually only takes 4 days during the regular season? Say I'm playing a game on tuesday, on the pitcher select screen my guy who is scheduled to pitch wednesday is usually always back to full already. Suddenly during the postseason everybody recovers at half-speed, the part of the year when the rotation always gets shorter? That's just bad.

# 159 TheRealC7R @ 05/16/15 04:02 PM
Quote:
In the playoffs?
I'm in the ALCS at the moment and I didn't see any issue. I did, however, notice that with the pitcher auto-rotation option enabled, the rotation is not the same as last year where if you won a series in 3 games, i.e, 3 starters, the first game of the next series would list the fourth guy as the starter while the CPU had their ace scheduled to pitch; one would have to manually choose the ace or fiddle with the rotation.

# 160 BrianU @ 05/16/15 06:26 PM
On the upside it makes playing with historic rosters better. 1910's stamina ftw!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.