Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

MLB 15 The Show patch 1.03 is available now for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, which fixes quite a few offline and online issues with the game. Check out the details below and let us know what you are seeing.
  • Offline/Online - Fixed the issue causing runners to be left on base after a home run. This would happen any time a user runner went half way and was stopped when the ball went over the fence and was a called a HR
  • Offline/Online - CPU or User would attempt to advance after a high infield fly ball was caught. Defender would use a casual throw to the next base, but it would be too slow and the runner would often be safe
  • Intentional walk exploit fixed – Calling for an intentional walk after the baserunner leads off causes the baserunner to take additional steps and getting thrown out easily.
  • Online - New Action shots for 50 players, to be seen on Player cards in Collections and Diamond Dynasty mode.
  • Online - Collections screen now save and load the last page you were on, making buying and selling cards more streamlined.
  • Online - Tuning to Online Gameplay - These fixes are all intended to stabilize online gameplay and eliminate consumer reported blue screen crashes and hangs that lead to standoffs.
  • Offline/Online - Foul/Fair ball detection in CHI White Sox - 3rd base line
  • Online - HBP/avoid and pitcher ejection issue - One user would get a HBP reaction and ejected, the other user would not resulting in a freeze.
  • Online – When defensive shifts would occur in an online game, the OSD’s were inaccurate. Fix for Defensive Positioning drop down to reflect the current defense.
  • Online/Offline - Reduce the success rate of bunts
  • Offline - Fixed retail crash while simulating through Franchise mode. Occurrences described below:
    • Crashes when simulation far in the future
    • Crash when autosaving following very specific injury sequences
    • Crash when simming through certain pinch hit appearances
    • Crash when entering the amateur draft
  • Offline - Fixed a low frequency retail crash in RTTS player editor.
  • Offline - Fenway red seat added in the right field bleachers.
  • Online - Restricting batting views for online games per Design - if user has batting view that is restricted, force batting view to catcher - don't give user restricted views for batting view
  • Online - issues with take it yourself plays at first base online have been resolved.
  • Online – Numerous online gameplay stability checks to eliminate consumer reported blue screen crashes.
  • Online - Resolving guess pitch on defensive machine and forcing offense machine to use data from defense machine
  • Offline – Changed the art of the Injured icon (Franchise/Season)
  • Online - Adding additional entitlements to the show shop, to allow for future promotional packs
  • Online/Offline – AI check that was not allowing for early moving catches
  • Offline - Fix for crowd catching flyball vs. fielder catching robbable balls - don't allow ball to attach to crowd if already attached to a player
  • Online Franchise/Diamond Dynasty – Play by Play audio code has been modified to exclude filling in career stats for Arena mode (DD) and League Mode. They get filled in for MLB season mode only. Online modes career data was incorrect.
  • Online - Adding one more minute to the online Pause menu countdown
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 sacbillsfan @ 05/16/15 06:42 PM
Not fixing the Wrigley issue is amateurish.

# 162 countryboy @ 05/16/15 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacbillsfan
Not fixing the Wrigley issue is amateurish.
Sometimes the downside to bugs, besides that they exist, is the fact that they cannot be fixed via a patch for any number of reasons (break something else, time consuming, or they just couldn't figure out the issue that was causing it)

While I can appreciate the fact that, judging from your avatar, you are a Cubs fan and this means you deal with this issue more than those that don't play as the Cubs, I feel confident in saying that if the dev team could've fixed this issue via a patch they would have.

Also, while its not perfect or maybe even ideal, there is a workaround for the issue, but I honestly don't remember what it is.

# 163 ajblithe20 @ 05/16/15 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Except that still doesnt make sense. The game is supposed to be realistic. 1 team in the last 5 years willingly started more that 4 pitchers in the playoffs. STL, SF and Cincy all did it in 2012. Cueto got hurt in his first start and Cincy had to go with a 5th guy. Same for STL and Jaime Garcia. SF went with 5 because Timmy sucked. That is 3 of 40 teams since 20 teams that used more than 4 starting pitchers.

And sure it would be fine if after 5 days the pitcher had say 75% of his energy back. But he doesnt. Its not even half at times. Your pitcher would be out of energy by the 3rd or 4th and then you are pitching at a disadvantage.

Now i havent went and looked at how many inning those guys were pitching for the teams that never used more than 4. But ill damn sure take the time if i have to.

Yeah I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's just a possible reason they're doing it that way. The screenshots or video I saw showed about 75% stamina for a pitcher with 5 days rest, but I guess it's not like that all the time.

If pitcher's don't even get half their stamina back after 5 days, then that is more of a problem than I thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 164 Knight165 @ 05/16/15 07:25 PM
How are you guys testing this?

I've run about a half dozen post seasons now....3 man rotations(by manually skipping the 4th pitcher....wish they would allow 3 man rotations to be set) and I've had good energy replacement with most pitchers going 6/7 innings and being nearly full 5 or 6 days later. Nobody so far I've seen needed 9 days for full recovery.

I let Balt/Bos go with 4 man rotations for their series and the game 1 SP were full for game 5....Tillman and Lester with 6.0 IP in game 1.

I simmed Bal/Bos and Minn/LA and manually entered Wash/Ari and N.Y./St. L Harvey went 8.0 IP and was ready full 6 days later. I probably could have pitched him if needed in game 4 or 5.(sweep by Mets)
Gonzalez pitched 8.0 for Washington...2 days later was 50%.....

Once I entered the game....I then used the FF opiton(not end game) to sim out the rest of the game....

I am going to check how adjusting the SP fatigue slider effects this......

Perhaps they could slightly increase the energy gain per day off....but I guess I could see where they are adding to the "pressure" of playoffs and multiple games pitched late in the year with less days off.

M.K.
Knight165

# 165 HozAndMoose @ 05/16/15 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
How are you guys testing this?

I've run about a half dozen post seasons now....3 man rotations(by manually skipping the 4th pitcher....wish they would allow 3 man rotations to be set) and I've had good energy replacement with most pitchers going 6/7 innings and being nearly full 5 or 6 days later. Nobody so far I've seen needed 9 days for full recovery.

I let Balt/Bos go with 4 man rotations for their series and the game 1 SP were full for game 5....Tillman and Lester with 6.0 IP in game 1.

I simmed Bal/Bos and Minn/LA and manually entered Wash/Ari and N.Y./St. L Harvey went 8.0 IP and was ready full 6 days later. I probably could have pitched him if needed in game 4 or 5.(sweep by Mets)
Gonzalez pitched 8.0 for Washington...2 days later was 50%.....

Once I entered the game....I then used the FF opiton(not end game) to sim out the rest of the game....

I am going to check how adjusting the SP fatigue slider effects this......

Perhaps they could slightly increase the energy gain per day off....but I guess I could see where they are adding to the "pressure" of playoffs and multiple games pitched late in the year with less days off.

M.K.
Knight165
When i tested i play the first game of the division series then start the rest of the games and FF till the end. I have noticed that when i FF or just sim the players arent losing the same amount of stamina as when i pitch every inning. Pitcher A and B have 90 stamina. I pitch with Pitcher A for 7 innings and he has say 20% energy left. If i FF with Pitcher B and he goes 7 innings he may have 50%+ energy left. Need to check it out a little more though.

# 166 thaSLAB @ 05/16/15 07:38 PM
Quote:
When i tested i play the first game of the division series then start the rest of the games and FF till the end. I have noticed that when i FF or just sim the players arent losing the same amount of stamina as when i pitch every inning. Pitcher A and B have 90 stamina. I pitch with Pitcher A for 7 innings and he has say 20% energy left. If i FF with Pitcher B and he goes 7 innings he may have 50%+ energy left. Need to check it out a little more though.
Interesting. Which pitching interface are you using? I wonder if that has something to do with it too... I'm in 2018 (11 games in) of my franchise, but I didn't reach the playoffs in 2017 (I carried over to MLB 15 in late-September of 2017), so I haven't experienced the rotation changes yet in this year's game.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 167 HozAndMoose @ 05/16/15 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Interesting. Which pitching interface are you using? I wonder if that has something to do with it too... I'm in 2018 (11 games in) of my franchise, but I didn't reach the playoffs in 2017 (I carried over to MLB 15 in late-September of 2017), so I haven't experienced the rotation changes yet in this year's game.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk
Im using classic.

Just started up another test and simmed the first game of the NLDS LAD vs MIA. Kershaw goes 9 innings and has 50%+ stamina left. Cant say for sure how many pitches he threw but it had to be enough that his energy shouldnt be that high.

Spoiler

Starting the game and using FF. Kershaw at 131 pitches with likes 33% energy left.

Spoiler

So from what i can tell. If you sim from the calender screen. Or enter game and FF then the pitcher doesnt lose as much energy as playing the game so they can recover for their next start. But if you play they cant recover in time. And its happening every time for me.

# 168 MLB14 @ 05/16/15 08:51 PM
Does anyone think they'll release another patch? Was this one the third patch?

# 169 countryboy @ 05/16/15 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
Does anyone think they'll release another patch? Was this one the third patch?
Yes, this was the third patch.

And in my opinion, I don't think we will see another patch. I think they will now shift focus to next year's version of the game.

# 170 MLB14 @ 05/16/15 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yes, this was the third patch.

And in my opinion, I don't think we will see another patch. I think they will now shift focus to next year's version of the game.
I just really hope they're aware of the player lock issue for next year.

# 171 Heroesandvillains @ 05/16/15 10:56 PM
Quote:
Im using classic.

Just started up another test and simmed the first game of the NLDS LAD vs MIA. Kershaw goes 9 innings and has 50%+ stamina left. Cant say for sure how many pitches he threw but it had to be enough that his energy shouldnt be that high.

Spoiler

Starting the game and using FF. Kershaw at 131 pitches with likes 33% energy left.

Spoiler

So from what i can tell. If you sim from the calender screen. Or enter game and FF then the pitcher doesnt lose as much energy as playing the game so they can recover for their next start. But if you play they cant recover in time. And its happening every time for me.
How many off days between starts here?

Yeah, even though you threw 133 pitches, if he had 4+ days rest, I would definitely agree with you guys that this puts the human player at a huge disadvantage to the CPU and I'd consider it a bug too.

# 172 HozAndMoose @ 05/17/15 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
How many off days between starts here?

Yeah, even though you threw 133 pitches, if he had 4+ days rest, I would definitely agree with you guys that this puts the human player at a huge disadvantage to the CPU and I'd consider it a bug too.
I didnt check after the 133 pitch game. But the one where i simmed from the calender screen and he went the full 9 he pitched the 4th game. So game 1 played, game 2 rest, off day. game 3 rest. game 4 play.

# 173 bronxbombers21325 @ 05/17/15 11:16 AM
Quote:
I didnt check after the 133 pitch game. But the one where i simmed from the calender screen and he went the full 9 he pitched the 4th game. So game 1 played, game 2 rest, off day. game 3 rest. game 4 play.
As much as I love this game, and as great as it is, this almost makes me want to put the game down and not play anymore. What's the point of grinding through a season just to have this happen in the Playoffs. I don't understand why they would intentionally program the game this way.

# 174 Knight165 @ 05/17/15 11:21 AM
I think this is getting WAY overblown.
1- Not once did I see any SP need 9 days of rest.
2-The CPU will use the 4 man rotation if you set it(and if you really want to see them use the 3.....you can choose the pitcher and reset it to the middle once the game starts)
3-Pitchers will still be able to throw 6- even 9 innings when not fully rested
4-Using the SP stamina slider....you can alleviate it even further if you really want(I would suggest in conjunction with the hook slider)

I've now tested more than a dozen post seasons looking specifically for this for every team....and I see nothing to indicate that the playoffs are ruined by this.

M.K.
Knight165

# 175 Heroesandvillains @ 05/17/15 11:25 AM
Quote:
2-The CPU will use the 4 man rotation if you set it(and if you really want to see them use the 3.....you can choose the pitcher and reset it to the middle once the game starts)
4-Using the SP stamina slider....you can alleviate it even further if you really want(I would suggest in conjunction with the hook slider)

I've now tested more than a dozen post seasons looking specifically for this for every team....and I see nothing to indicate that the playoffs are ruined by this.

M.K.
Knight165
I haven't tested this at all, so I'm taking Hoz's word for it that his screenshots are showing two different stamina levels verses played and simmed games.

If all things are equal, and playing 100 pitches is netting almost two-thirds less stamina then simming the same result (and then playing), wouldn't you agree that this would put the human at a disadvantage over the CPU?

Did you see how low Kershaw's stamina was in Hoz's screen after 4 days rest?

In other words, are you playing games with your testing too or just simming because I think this is what Hoz is getting at.

# 176 TheRealC7R @ 05/17/15 11:39 AM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
My sentiments exactly. I think it's down to playing style (e.g. throwing 130+ pitches with a SP) or it could very well be a scenario where some people are experiencing a bug/problem that others do not.

# 177 Knight165 @ 05/17/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
I haven't tested this at all, so I'm taking Hoz's word for it that his screenshots are showing two different stamina levels verses played and simmed games.

If all things are equal, and playing 100 pitches is netting almost two-thirds less stamina then simming the same result (and then playing), wouldn't you agree that this would put the human at a disadvantage over the CPU?

Did you see how low Kershaw's stamina was in Hoz's screen after 4 days rest?

In other words, are you playing games with your testing too or just simming because I think this is what Hoz is getting at.
H&V.....
I've only went in and played one game....
The rest were simmed....I was following the same format as the original OP who brought this up.
I will definitely test it with actual games played....checking sliders with this as well.
also...
I wasn't implying that it's "good" or even that I necessarily agree with the system....just that I think it's getting overblown a bit.
From what I see....it's not effecting the logic on the CPU part...so I'll definitely check on the HUM aspect.

M.K.
Knight165

# 178 Heroesandvillains @ 05/17/15 11:48 AM
Quote:
H&V.....
I've only went in and played one game....
The rest were simmed....I was following the same format as the original OP who brought this up.
I will definitely test it with actual games played....checking sliders with this as well.
also...
I wasn't implying that it's "good" or even that I necessarily agree with the system....just that I think it's getting overblown a bit.
From what I see....it's not effecting the logic on the CPU part...so I'll definitely check on the HUM aspect.

M.K.
Knight165
Thanks man. I'm actually a little confused by this whole thing because nobody is showing an apples-to-apples comparison. I may actually just do this myself so I can weigh in on the subject.

What I'd ideally like to see is game one of the playoffs where the starter has full stamina. I'd like to see how he looks in a 4 man rotation on his next start after a sim (ideally forcing the starter to go very deep into the game one sim), and then how he looks over the same situation on his second start after physically playing game one instead (ideally pitching the same approximated amount of pitches from the simmed game one).

Has anyone posted THAT comparison because that really would be the only way to look at this objectively.

# 179 Ruffy @ 05/17/15 12:03 PM
We need to know pitch effort as well....I use classic pitching and rarely use full pitch effort with my starters. Save it for closers mostly and even then I use it rarely.

I also every year bump the starter stamina slider to combat guys being tired after 100 pitch outings in their last start.

I'd love to see if they would ever share the formula for stamina loss and stamina gain on rest.

# 180 Knight165 @ 05/17/15 12:13 PM
Quote:
Thanks man. I'm actually a little confused by this whole thing because nobody is showing an apples-to-apples comparison. I may actually just do this myself so I can weigh in on the subject.

What I'd ideally like to see is game one of the playoffs where the starter has full stamina. I'd like to see how he looks in a 4 man rotation on his next start after a sim (ideally forcing the starter to go very deep into the game one sim), and then how he looks over the same situation on his second start after physically playing game one instead (ideally pitching the same approximated amount of pitches from the simmed game one).

Has anyone posted THAT comparison because that really would be the only way to look at this objectively.
I just used Kershaw and went 9 innings in game 1....133 pitches
Pulse...HOF....and I was just rifling through...not really paying attention. I buzzed through with 11 K's and 2 BB's.
I went with the SP stamina slider at max to check it out. Plenty in the tank even at the end of game.....at least 20% on his stamina bar.

Next day he was at about 40% energy bar.....then about 50% the following.....then an off day where I couldn't see.....the fourth day(game 3) he was about 70%(?) tough to tell...and I ****ed up. I didn't realize it was a 5 game series and we were up 2-0....I didn't save so I didn't get to see his stamina for game 4!!!

I gotta try later.

I think using the SP slider will work for guys that are having issues with this.(thankfully there is a HUM and CPU slider for this)

But this is still going to need looking at.

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.