Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Odell Beckham Jr. has beat out Rob Gronkowski and will be on the cover of Madden NFL 16.

It's hard to be too shocked by the result. Odell Beckham Jr. had the highlights and the stats in his rookie season. In just 12 games, he had 91 receptions, 1,300 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns. Oh, and there's this catch.

That being said, Rob Gronkowski would have been a fine selection as well. He's a national treasure, and regardless of Deflategate, I know GRONK is pure and innocent in all of that.

Right now, there's a lot of negative attention around the Patriots though, and so that probably did not help Gronkowski's case. Either way, perhaps Patriots fans will be relieved he's not going to be on the cover. While Gronkowski did get through last year mostly injury free -- and the Madden Curse is not as evil as it once was -- it's probably better not to tempt the football gods.

Looking forward, some news about what folks can expect from Madden NFL 16 has started to come out. Beckham Jr. being on the cover makes buzzwords like "battle for air supremacy" and a focus on fighting for 50/50 balls make a lot of sense as well.

We will be sure to update you with any other updates that trickle out at this point, but until then how is everybody feeling about the selection?

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 oneamongthefence @ 05/13/15 09:06 PM
Hopefully they'll have continued to work on the wonky infinity engine to cut the instances of limbs contorting every which way. It's ugly.

Also the tattoos are pretty prominent hopefully they can get those in along with a bunch of other players since Kap set a precedent.

# 22 roadman @ 05/13/15 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Yeah I really don't understand why a catch that will never ever be done again makes it way into a video game. Especially when you consider all the legacy issues still remaining in the game from year to year.
Marketing, that catch is still fresh in everyone's mind, thanks to ESPN and the NFL Network and other media outlets.

# 23 Caveman24 @ 05/13/15 09:15 PM
Madden 15.5

# 24 Sheba2011 @ 05/14/15 12:32 AM
As a Patriots fan all I can say is.......

THANK YOU BABY JESUS!!!!!!!

Gronk has enough problems with injuries we don't need any curses added.

# 25 Eofinn @ 05/14/15 08:26 AM
I think Gronk would have the cover well deserved. He is a dominator at his Position and won the SB.

OBJ ist a very talented WR but I think is is too early for him and the Giants did it not make it to the Playoffs.

# 26 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/14/15 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eofinn
I think Gronk would have the cover well deserved. He is a dominator at his Position and won the SB.

OBJ ist a very talented WR but I think is is too early for him and the Giants did it not make it to the Playoffs.
I think Gronk had 11 other players help him win a Super Bowl...LOL....I believe that the current Patriots' scandal made Gronk a poor choice for the M16 cover.

# 27 GiantsFan2013 @ 05/14/15 03:03 PM
I'm hoping we get animations for players to reach for the 1st down marker. If defensive players use the aggressive tackle, they have a better chance at stopping you from getting the 1st, but a higher risk of a broken tackle and a larger gain. If they go with the 'safe' tackle option, they most likely don't stop you from the 1st down, but they lower the risk of a broken tackle and a bigger gain.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.