Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports released the first official trailer for Madden NFL 16 featuring the four cover-athlete candidates and showing off some new pass catching and defense animations.

Many of the animations feature what I would suppose are the more spectacular catches which were added into the game. No doubt Odell Beckham Jr. is a great cover choice given the game's emphasis this year.

As was revealed earlier today, the big 'back of the box' features for Madden NFL 16 were released today -- with a particular interest on the passing game being the big focus in this year's title. Those changes are definitely long overdue for the series, and if the same treatment can be given to the passing game that was given to the run game -- Madden looks to have a much improved game of football this year on the field.

What did you think of the trailer? Sound off and let us know!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Greg Putnam @ 05/13/15 09:20 PM
cpu vs cpu?????

# 2 tha_show256 @ 05/13/15 09:23 PM
It looks we could be on to something...cautiously optimistic.

# 3 marshallfever @ 05/13/15 09:38 PM
I mentioned this in the new screen shots thread, If you told me that was Madden 15 I just saw, I wouldn't doubt you. M15 looked good, but its sad to see M16 look exactly the same. I'm not even sure if the animations they showed in this trailer aren't present in M15.

# 4 SolidSquid @ 05/13/15 09:41 PM
2 things are worrying me. Are we gonna see the ODB catch 3 times a drive like we did with the David Tyree catch? Also in the video what is Hall doing when ODB makes that catch? He looks like he attempted to catch the ball even though he was no where close to it.

It's early and it's just a sizzle trailer but you have to look at EAs past and it's hard to be excited.

# 5 ccoaxum @ 05/13/15 09:42 PM
yeah it's like every other year they make the graphics better,i wasn't sure if those animations was new or not but base on the some info on the game, we going to see smoother and new animations with dbs and wrs finally!

# 6 TecmoZack @ 05/13/15 10:01 PM
I am excited to see Total Control Passing and this new catching system during gameplay.

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmZack - @VanMetra16

PSN - TecmoZack

# 7 Jerros @ 05/13/15 10:03 PM
Looks like the offensive version of last year's cinematic trailer featuring the DBs winning. Same hype reel. Will reserve judgement until E3 after seeing actual gameplay vids.

# 8 scitychamps87 @ 05/13/15 10:03 PM
I like the new catch animations...if they flow well that's a good addition. However, a few new animations shouldn't be your trademark feature. I've been buying Madden since '02 and I normally get pretty excited about the game...so far, I'm not very impressed. The features sound ok but who knows if they're implemented right. Presentation sounds like it was neglected...and for me, the graphics look worse for the first time since moving from Madden 07 to Madden 08. I love Madden, but I'm just disappointed. Football is America's game...it should have the best video game too.

# 9 tsbmolina @ 05/13/15 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa D
What's still wrong with this game?? Why does it still look way off?? Why does the game look and animate so robotic?? Have they not solved it yet? Even the graphics look a bit cartoonish and off, like the Antonio Brown part of the clip?? smh.. still the same..
Yes, it's undeniably Madden

# 10 apollon42 @ 05/13/15 10:28 PM
This is worst than the infamous Monday Night football ESPN Next Gen trailer. It isn't terrible, but it isn't anything to get excited for. At all.

# 11 Sef0r @ 05/13/15 10:37 PM
You guys seriously need to R-E-L-A-X

I don't know why you are so concerned, they will fix everything...

...in the next generation of consoles.

# 12 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/13/15 10:51 PM
Still cannot get the Steelers' stripes correct, thus most likely a fail on anything else, and the main new addition will be over powered...EA/Tiburon needs to stop listening to fat, basement dwelling Madden Video game freaks and look to those that know what football is about..

Essentially, I fear that even if Pass Interference is implemented correctly, the tournament player types will complain and a patch will be released that will essentially eliminate the P.I. call...

I would like to see plays follow through even beyond the whistle..I believe it was very apparent to most who played M15, that plays were ended too quickly; a great example is any given touchdown; as soon as you crossed the goal line, the ball carrier dropped the ball and it was play over, user control lost and into the replay we go...I would just like to see plays extended beyond the whistle for the reason of reality...How can anyone get a late hit or unnecessary roughness hit on an out of bounds player if we lose control of our players immediately upon a ball carrier scoring a TD, or going out of bounds, or a QB releasing a pass or handing a ball off?

I realize that the NFL may have dictated that certain events/actions should not be implemented into the game as to steer away from the actual reality of the game being violent to a point that rules are broken and penalties called.

# 13 Jr. @ 05/13/15 11:06 PM
Please, please, please, let the CPU players make attempts on the ball like these.

I'm holding out hope

# 14 Potatoes002 @ 05/13/15 11:11 PM
The color tone of the jerseys look better, especially the helmets. They also did not look washed out during the night games, which is a good sign. Very frustrated that equipment is not updated, it's sad that with all the cool new Nike gloves and cleats that the Madden team is still using 2008-era equipment.

# 15 NoFear @ 05/13/15 11:45 PM
Looks exactly like Madden 15. I'm tired of giving EA the benefit of the doubt along with my $60 year in and year out.

Finally need to restrain myself from dealing with this crap. If other game developers can make great sports games, there's no reason why EA shouldn't be able to.

# 16 WingedLion14 @ 05/13/15 11:47 PM
I don't get why people are making a big deal about the minutiae in a minute-long reveal trailer, one with no gameplay or anything. These might be animations in the game; they might not be. We can't judge anything yet.

That said...what are the odds that any gameplay improvements will appear on the last-gen?

# 17 roadman @ 05/14/15 09:22 AM
After watching the trailer again, I am liking the catch by Brown a lot and the Int of Patterson.

The last one, though, ugh.

# 18 SolidSquid @ 05/14/15 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedLion14
I don't get why people are making a big deal about the minutiae in a minute-long reveal trailer, one with no gameplay or anything. These might be animations in the game; they might not be. We can't judge anything yet.

That said...what are the odds that any gameplay improvements will appear on the last-gen?
It was gameplay, that was not a pre rendered E3 type trailer. Why would they be showing us a trailer with animations that wouldn't be in the game?

# 19 SolidSquid @ 05/14/15 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
EA has always done false advertisement since I can remember. They have been for a very long time... So yeah...

Im just saying what we saw of the 16 trailer was in game. Every madden fan since the first PS3/360 trailer (strahan and mcnabb) knows not to expect what they see in those E3 trailers like that rg3 one.

# 20 SageInfinite @ 05/14/15 12:59 PM
I do like that they have Odell's sig celebration, adds personality that Madden severely needs. Knowing tiburon though, they only captured one version, and that version will play almost every TD, LOL.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.