Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports released the first official trailer for Madden NFL 16 featuring the four cover-athlete candidates and showing off some new pass catching and defense animations.

Many of the animations feature what I would suppose are the more spectacular catches which were added into the game. No doubt Odell Beckham Jr. is a great cover choice given the game's emphasis this year.

As was revealed earlier today, the big 'back of the box' features for Madden NFL 16 were released today -- with a particular interest on the passing game being the big focus in this year's title. Those changes are definitely long overdue for the series, and if the same treatment can be given to the passing game that was given to the run game -- Madden looks to have a much improved game of football this year on the field.

What did you think of the trailer? Sound off and let us know!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Skyboxer @ 05/16/15 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
You do realize quality is subjective and that Madden generally reviews well in the video game media, yes?

Plenty of people enjoy the game. If it were "truly a bad game" that would not be the case.
Should go in the "What grinds my gears" thread but when people say those things (and I know I should just ignore it) it drives me bonkers.
Again a lot of it probably come from each gamers gaming history but while there are things I'd like to see improved/added, Madden gave me some really fun times.

I'm really hoping I can score a copy as early as I did last year. If I do I'm simply popping it in and playing.. for the fun.

# 82 nuckles2k2 @ 05/16/15 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Did you think last year's game looked like it was on the ps3?
Last year's game didn't look like it was on the ps3, and neither does that trailer. But I would like to know what EA is compressing Madden down from to get it at 18.64GB, when we see other sports games coming in at 35GB+.

Is it just that EA is choosing to compress down, seemingly unnecessarily, from 30GB+ to get it to under 20? Or are they clocking in above 50GB uncompressed, and monstrously getting that bad boy down to 18 & change?

I think it's undeniable that Madden has room for improvement in the visuals department, & the animations department.

18GB seems like an uncompressed ps3 game. Not necessarily something teeming with high end textures that will make you drop your jaw and look for someone to slap out of sheer amazement.

# 83 CM Hooe @ 05/16/15 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hieroglyphicmonk
You do realize the mainstream sites are paid and bullied to review games well right and EA will pay to get their games good reviews you know that right?
No. I don't, actually.

The sooner you get off this agenda-based train of thought, the better.

# 84 CM Hooe @ 05/16/15 11:52 PM
This thread is degenerating to a non-productive one so I am now closing it.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.