Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

We have just posted 11 new Madden NFL 16 screenshots. Check them out and post your thoughts.

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 GiantsFan2013 @ 05/22/15 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
Madden has always looked great in screenshots. That's why I don't give much stock into screenshots. I just took this, and it's Madden 15. Looks the same quality as the Madden 16 pics.
There's not depth on the jerseys. Everything looks flat. The stitched jerseys don't pop out a little, just looks 2-D. Look at 2K jerseys, they look pretty damn real, and actually move when the player does.

# 82 SolidSquid @ 05/22/15 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa D
While the Graphics still look a bit cartoony, you do have a solid point.. The best thing for EA & Madden right now is to focus on the gameplay animations, as they are way way way behind, I mean like 10 years behind. So I agree animations should be the main focal point going forward. They have a lot of ground to make up...
Agreed but will they work on them? I'm not talking about focusing on one aspect of the game per year, trenches last year and Wr/DB this year, I'm talking about going full on getting all aspects of football correct. It seems like they do a little tweaking one year then never touch the aspect again instead of sticking with it until they get it done 100% correct. Has the tackling physics engine even been touched since they implemented it? We STILL have guys doing 4 yard force field rolls where defenders can't even attempt to hit them.

# 83 LowerWolf @ 05/31/15 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's funny because I didn't really notice or have a problem with the color or lighting until the screenshot feature came out for Xbox last year. Once I took some screenshots and decided to edit them was when it really became evident to me how much better things could look.
The strange thing, at least uniform wise, is the colors are way better on the 2011 version of the uniforms already in the game. All of the Nike uniforms are dark and dingy compared to the older uniforms. The red for the 49ers pops way more for the 2011 version. The Steelers and Raiders 2011s home jerseys look black. Whites are much brighter. And it's been that way ever since they put the Nike uniforms in the game.

# 84 Moegames @ 06/09/15 03:33 AM
For the pics of the player models ..I think the lighting looks phenomenal in M16, the self-shadowing tech, bump maps, color pallet pops,etc all look very very good this year. Also the players seem to have a MUCH better proportion. Gone it seems are the PS2 era player model proportions that looked like Mario bro lol...Thank goodness they lengthened out the player models for M16...it looks so much better now.

I hold my breath on new player animations...heck even just tweaking them would be a huge welcome ...

# 85 jpdavis82 @ 06/09/15 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
For the pics of the player models ..I think the lighting looks phenomenal in M16, the self-shadowing tech, bump maps, color pallet pops,etc all look very very good this year. Also the players seem to have a MUCH better proportion. Gone it seems are the PS2 era player model proportions that looked like Mario bro lol...Thank goodness they lengthened out the player models for M16...it looks so much better now.

I hold my breath on new player animations...heck even just tweaking them would be a huge welcome ...
I'm looking forward to discussing this more with everyone once they start unveiling more info about lighting and player likeness.

# 86 oneamongthefence @ 06/10/15 06:57 PM
As long as the player likeness includes newer equipment I'll be happy.

# 87 SolidSquid @ 06/10/15 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
As long as the player likeness includes newer equipment I'll be happy.
Hopefully that's something they are keeping under wraps until e3 bc this 2009 reebok equipment has got to go

# 88 TexasFan2005 @ 06/11/15 08:53 AM

It's always bothered me how the players in Madden seem to always lack any expression. Just look AJ Green's face in this screenshot, he shows about as much emotion as a fish.

# 89 Datninja619 @ 06/11/15 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005

It's always bothered me how the players in Madden seem to always lack any expression. Just look AJ Green's face in this screenshot, he shows about as much emotion as a fish.
I've seen facial expressions on players. Maybe not enough, but there are some in there. Also certain interactions may be the only way to trigger them, such as getting tackled.

But to be honest, I wouldn't want nearly the same amount of facial expressions as say NBA2k or UFC. Rather have those resources used somewhere else.

Just my opinion though

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.