Home
NHL 16 News Post

NHL 15 gameplay.

The NHL 16 features were leaked this afternoon in a post on the Operation Sports forums by huntt26.

Of the features leaked, we learn about the new EASHL (back in the game) as well as new team play and couch online co-op. The big piece of news outside of the return of several key modes and features, is the game appears to be an Xbox One and Playstation 4 only title. Check out all of the features after the jump!

Read More - NHL 16 Features Leaked, is an XBox One and PS4 Only Title

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TecmoZack @ 05/19/15 12:04 AM
Sounds fantastic.

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmZack - @VanMetra16

PSN - TecmoZack

# 2 snc237 @ 05/19/15 12:14 AM
So a lot of gameplay tweaks (which I was expecting do to how much other stuff was needed to be attended to). I'm torn on the EASHL. I sorta enjoyed the grind to legend however once teams/ players reached legend cards they were so good at multiple things as well as making the game unbalance vs cpu and newer players. Hopefully the new system is more then just picking sniper or grinder. It would be nice to be able to pick from a couple aspects so your guys a bit more custom. However the more I think about this the more I like it. Everyone always loaded up on a super wrister or slap shot. Now everything will be balanced. All in all in just excited for eashl.

# 3 canucksss @ 05/19/15 12:24 AM
Be a GM: Player Morale - Being a GM is about more than getting the best players, it's about getting the right players to play well together. Each player on your NHL and AHL teams have a different personality that you will have to manage. You'll have to deal with trade demands, teammate relationships, and much more by calling team meetings or adjusting your roster to directly affect your team's on-ice performance.

Interesting....but does it work as it is intended or just another addition to a mode to look more interesting but not really working properly?

I want to see more tomorrow if EA answered the player and team separation. This is one marketing ploy as "leak" by EA to make it more interesting and trying to fish back those who were disappointed in previous NHL game.

# 4 statum71 @ 05/19/15 12:41 AM
So does this mean no Season Mode?

# 5 ChaseB @ 05/19/15 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
So does this mean no Season Mode?
I think the safe thing to do (at least for your sanity) is assume if it wasn't in the game last year it isn't back. Which isn't to say give up all hope because Season Mode wouldn't be a major "feature" but also don't assume it's just returning.

# 6 TjJunior @ 05/19/15 01:28 AM
When one of the selling points for the game is to build a team on chemistry and play style instead of a numbered rating, I'm buying most likely. Please bring back custom arena music, why they make sports games in 2015 without this is beyond my thinking I guess.

# 7 Dazraz @ 05/19/15 02:08 AM
No Season Mode, no buy for me.

# 8 snc237 @ 05/19/15 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjJunior
When one of the selling points for the game is to build a team on chemistry and play style instead of a numbered rating, I'm buying most likely. Please bring back custom arena music, why they make sports games in 2015 without this is beyond my thinking I guess.
Problem is the systems. Now I can't speak for the ps4 However Xbox one doesn't allow you to play music the same way the 360 did where it just read it off the hard drive. Pretty sure as of now there is no possible way for this to work on the Xbox one.

# 9 Sheba2011 @ 05/19/15 03:29 AM
Personally I dont have a problem with it being current gen exclusive, the last 5 games for last gen were nothing more than a roster update and a fresh coat of paint. Just release an NHL 15 roster for last gen and you have a "new" game by their standards.

As for the features, they are hollow without more context. The GM mode is very very vague with those details. As of right now I am still going to be skeptical.

# 10 Therion7 @ 05/19/15 05:17 AM
The arena differentiation sounds pretty cool. An NBA Live game had mascots in the crowd and it was actually a fun little feature. That and more lifelike commentary have put me into the "slightly interested" bracket now for the new game. The gameplay additions? Who knows what, if any, impact they will have.

If player morale is implemented well and makes a visible difference on ice rather than downgrading stats a few points it could be a worthy addition but I have a hard time believing that all these numbers and sliders actually do what they're supposed to such is the lack of player differentiation, the age-old penalty conundrum and grinders sniping goals like first line superstars.

No real on-ice differentiation between teams or players, robotic play-by-play, no season mode and those goddamn floppy jerseys were game-killers for me last year. Tried to get deep into a GM mode but ended up in a slider tinkering repeat loop trying to eke out the best gameplay before deciding "you know what, as much as I love hockey, this game is becoming a chore."

Would be nice if EA could get the PS4 version in 1080p this year too.

# 11 Therion7 @ 05/19/15 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
Problem is the systems. Now I can't speak for the ps4 However Xbox one doesn't allow you to play music the same way the 360 did where it just read it off the hard drive. Pretty sure as of now there is no possible way for this to work on the Xbox one.
The PS4 does allow you to play mp3s from a USB device attached to the system. This arrived in firmware 2.0.

It would be fantastic if custom music was back but there may be some sort of latency involved with reading from USB that makes it problematic for NHL 16 to support it. I don't expect it to return this year for either platform.

# 12 AvengedAgainst @ 05/19/15 06:00 AM
So you can't build your own be a pro in EASHL...Not liking this news so far

# 13 Millennium @ 05/19/15 06:27 AM
It didn't say you couldn't build them, it just said you would be picking specialized classes. My guess would be that means ratings caps depending on class or lower amounts of available points overall.

# 14 TDKing @ 05/19/15 06:53 AM
No custom season length in GM mode? Another downer for me.

# 15 pastafazoule @ 05/19/15 07:35 AM
one thing thats always forgotten there are people that still play against the cpu,i love creating a team and players and creating offensive defensemen like a bobby orr that can carry the puck end to end but EA has never allowed this to happen no matter how great you create that defensemen

# 16 shogunofharlem3 @ 05/19/15 08:08 AM
Hoping the Be a GM mode has the option to play using Online Team Play for online coop. Or some sort of season online coop.

# 17 jake19ny @ 05/19/15 08:12 AM
I know it's early and this is most likely not a complete list, but despite some positive things here no season mode and no total roster control and editing would make this a no buy. I can live with only BeaGM mode instead of season mode if I can control all teams and rosters as well as turn off certain aspects I don't want to be bothered with like Madden. As bad as NHL15 was the only thing that made me flat out shelve it was the inability to make roster moves to keep my teams rosters accurate to the real NHL during my BeaGM season.

# 18 pastafazoule @ 05/19/15 08:21 AM
first and for most the problem lies with the cpu and the cpu generated or created players,they need to perform like there rated numbers not like a bunch of robotic do the same thing all the time,i know you guys love to play online one on one and they have taking advantage of that not paying attention to cpu performance

# 19 Splitter77 @ 05/19/15 09:08 AM
goalies better be rehauled and not all play the same.

# 20 Tonic @ 05/19/15 09:40 AM
Sounds pretty promising so far, hopefully Be a GM will be a little more in-depth with player morale. I also hope that there's better player differentiation and edit player. Honestly, if EA wants to win back hardcore offline fans (most of us), they should add roster sharing (a la NBA 2k).

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.