Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Xbox One gamers will once again have the opportunity to play Madden NFL 16 five days before the actual release date with a subscription to EA Access, confirmed by Microsoft marketing executive Aaron Greenberg on Twitter.

With Madden NFL 16 releasing on August 25th, EA Access subscribers should be able to download the game on August 20th.

As an Xbox One exclusive, EA Access gives subscribers ($4.99 a month/$29.99 a year) access to The Vault, which provides full digital downloadable games for EA SPORTS UFC, NHL 15, Battlefield 4, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, NBA LIVE 15, Madden NFL 25, Madden NFL 15, Need For Speed Rivals, FIFA 14, FIFA 15, and Peggle 2. EA Access subscribers also receive 10% off EA digital purchases and trial versions (typically 6 hours) of EA games before they are released.

With that said, EA Sports released another Madden NFL 16 screenshot on their Facebook page. It features New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski defended by Arizona Cardinals cornerback, Patrick Peterson.

For more Madden NFL 16 details, including features, screenshots and the first trailer, check out our official page.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 snc237 @ 05/20/15 09:28 PM
Wish it was longer then 6 hours. Especially if I pre ordered via access

# 2 DeuceDouglas @ 05/20/15 09:44 PM
That screenshot looks better than any of the others that came out. Still lacking some pop but doesn't seem as washed out.

# 3 SolidSquid @ 05/20/15 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
That screenshot looks better than any of the others that came out. Still lacking some pop but doesn't seem as washed out.
Maddens stills always look decent, it's when the game is in the motion that you see how bad it looks.

# 4 UH53 @ 05/20/15 10:44 PM
I'm playing 16 right now... Isn't Richard Sherman on the cover? Same old two step homie!

# 5 jpdavis82 @ 05/20/15 10:48 PM
I also noticed the Patriots have the new logo on the jersey and helmet there. I was told tonight by Clint & @equipmentguru on Twitter, that they have also fixed the number size and spacing of the Pats uniforms since the screen was taken. I guess it was a mistake, but somehow I think they put Jimmy Garoppolo's face on Gronk's body there.

# 6 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/20/15 11:03 PM
Speaking of uniforms, I hope they fix all the known uniform errors, as well as getting the new Browns' unis correct.

As for the Early access to the game; I have to say I am not impressed; it really isn't worth it and I see the access system as just another money making scheme to get kids to spend their hard earned money, or their parents' hard earned money to feed the billion dollar corps...But I digress..

# 7 snc237 @ 05/21/15 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
EA Access is nothing but a great offer from EA....Do you even understand what it entails. Is not 30 a year to play Madden 5 days early.
100 percent agree. EA access is one of the greatest deals. I buy 2-4 ea games a year. That's on average 18 bucks saved. Now I get to play the games early plus get games free like fifa which I only use to buy every 3 years. So if you ask me it's already worth its value plus the vault will only get bigger. Totally worth 30 bucks.

# 8 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/21/15 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
100 percent agree. EA access is one of the greatest deals. I buy 2-4 ea games a year. That's on average 18 bucks saved. Now I get to play the games early plus get games free like fifa which I only use to buy every 3 years. So if you ask me it's already worth its value plus the vault will only get bigger. Totally worth 30 bucks.
Basically you are getting digital downloads, which saves EA money in packaging and distribution, and they are getting paid through the Access program to save money, while making it appear to the consumer that they are the ones getting the deal..

Anyway, this debate isn't the subject of this thread so I am dropping it here.

# 9 SmashMan @ 05/21/15 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Maddens stills always look decent, it's when the game is in the motion that you see how bad it looks.
What does this have to do with what he said? He was commenting on the vibrancy of the image compared to the previous ones that were released, not the animations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UH53
I'm playing 16 right now... Isn't Richard Sherman on the cover? Same old two step homie!
...quite a contribution to the thread.

# 10 tsbmolina @ 05/21/15 02:11 AM
Sorry but that does not look like Gronk at all.

# 11 jvalverde88 @ 05/21/15 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Sorry but that does not look like Gronk at all.
That's because it isn't
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I also noticed the Patriots have the new logo on the jersey and helmet there. I was told tonight by Clint & @equipmentguru on Twitter, that they have also fixed the number size and spacing of the Pats uniforms since the screen was taken. I guess it was a mistake, but somehow I think they put Jimmy Garoppolo's face on Gronk's body there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
...quite a contribution to the thread.
What else would you expect?

# 12 Lilgoosy @ 05/21/15 05:37 AM
so the Patriots will have a new logo on their chest?

# 13 GiantsFan2013 @ 05/21/15 06:12 AM
QUESTION: So i can just pay $5 for August for EA Access, get Madden for the five days ahead of the actual release, then cancel Access on the date Madden actually comes out? So basically just a $5 fee to get the game five days early? Sounds worth it to me.

# 14 Lilgoosy @ 05/21/15 06:15 AM
EA access is a good thing, ..i know it is very easy to jump on the hate train towards EA but you must admit that it si a pretty cool feature.
Not only for the 6 hours preview of new games, but most for the possibility of having free games when they get "old". while sports games are really OLD after 6 months or more, games like battlefield are capable of having a span of 2 years or more in which you always find tons of players online and new features.

for example having battlefield 4 for free today is quite cool

# 15 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/21/15 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFan2013
QUESTION: So i can just pay $5 for August for EA Access, get Madden for the five days ahead of the actual release, then cancel Access on the date Madden actually comes out? So basically just a $5 fee to get the game five days early? Sounds worth it to me.
I believe you do get the game 5 days early, through digital download from Access, but you just get 6 hours of game time and then you cannot play the game again until midnight of the actual game release...

# 16 aholbert32 @ 05/21/15 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I believe you do get the game 5 days early, through digital download from Access, but you just get 6 hours of game time and then you cannot play the game again until midnight of the actual game release...
There are also workarounds for you to get more time by creating a different Xbox ID.

Access makes sense to me because every year I would pay 15-40 dollars more to get the game early. With EA Access, I dont have to run around on Ebay or Mom and Pop shops looking for the game. Pay 5 bucks and get the game early with no fuss.

# 17 SonsUfPonarchy @ 05/21/15 12:29 PM
Access is definitely worth it, especially considering you should be getting early access to Madden, PGA, NHL, and FIFA.5 days early play of McIlroy & FIFA alone is worth the price.

# 18 murph17 @ 05/21/15 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFan2013
Yes. I did this last year for NHL Early Access. EA Access only had like 2 games at that point, but now with the size of the library I'm signing up for a full year this time.

# 19 oneamongthefence @ 05/21/15 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Introvese
This is news why?
It's not really news. It's just information for those interested.

# 20 Junior Moe @ 05/21/15 05:47 PM
I think I might snatch up EA Access for this here. It wasn't worth it last year to me. But this year, I see the value. Plus I get to demo Madden. EA Access is a nice deal. My little brother just made the jump to current gen with the XB1 and for 30$ he has 5 solid sports games to start with. That ain't bad at all.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.