Home
NASCAR 15 News Post

NASCAR '15 is out today. So if you are looking to look at Jeff Gordon's beautiful virtual face one last time before he retires, this is your ticket (until he's probably a legend in future versions of the game).

The game is out now on Steam and can be downloaded for $19.99. It is not out yet on the Xbox 360 or PS3 marketplaces, but there were rumors it may be a digital download weeks back so we will update this post if it shows up in those stores.

If you have picked up the game, feel free to post any impressions below.

Game: NASCAR '15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
NASCAR '15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bigdoc85 @ 05/22/15 10:22 AM
I am downloading it now on Xbox360. I don't expect much, if any, difference from last year but I'll let folks know if anything stands out.

# 2 radney @ 05/22/15 01:42 PM
Don't expect much. It's the exactly the same as '14 just with updated rosters and rules for the Chase. They did say that so you can't be too upset. Glad it was only $20

# 3 Aggies7 @ 05/22/15 01:48 PM
This is where I wish PS4 and XBOX One was backwards compatible so I could just play it on the PS4.

I'll wait a few days to see the reviews but don't expect much. But if I get the itch I may download.

# 4 BurghFan @ 05/22/15 04:55 PM
Traded in NASCAR 14 and surprisingly got $12.50 credit for it with my GameStop rewards card so only paid $8.89 for 15. Can't beat that.

As expected, the game is pretty much the same as 14. One issue I'm having though is that every time I start a career, Sam Hornish Jr. is one of the 3 drivers that are left out. I've restarted numerous times and the 3 drivers left out have been 1 of 4 combinations

Sam Hornish Jr., Erik Jones, Regan Smith (9 times)
Sam Hornish Jr., Erik Jones, J.J. Yeley. (10 time)
Ty Dillon, Sam Hornish Jr., Erik Jones (3 times)
Justin Allgaier, Sam Hornish Jr., Erik Jones (8 times)

# 5 JohnDoe8865 @ 05/22/15 09:07 PM
Anyone got recommended settings?

Controls, AI, Assists, anything and everything would be welcome. I'm using an XBox 360 controller and not a wheel so I'm sure I need to tweak some things.

Never played one of the NASCAR games on 360 before, so for $20 I said "why the hell not?"

# 6 ILuvMN81 @ 05/23/15 12:31 PM
Hmm...found this review via Google. It's not pretty.

http://pretendracecars.net/2015/05/2...-need-to-read/

Looks like the reviews on Steam aren't all that great either; laced with sarcasm, no doubt but a little indicative of what to expect.

No doubt; for $20 and a last gen title, I suppose we shouldn't expect much. I doubt that this game will even get a patch, if it's needed.

In all honesty, I did enjoy NTG:IL quite a bit, but it's sad to see that the bugs and glitches of that game are still prevalent 2-3 years later. If I was 100% certain I was getting a PS4 or XBOne this Xmas, I think I'd just wait to see what Dmi can do from the ground up with 2016.

I guess I'll see if I can find this for $10 or less on Amazon or eBay some time next month.

Oh, and what's up with 5 Hour energy's absence? Licensing issue? Something else? I understand the alcohol sponsors, but an energy drink?

# 7 dochalladay32 @ 05/26/15 09:27 AM
I think I'll wait and see if Steam puts it on sale and then look into purchasing it.

# 8 skives @ 05/27/15 02:52 PM
Is there a difference in the gameplay between 15 and nascar the game inside line 2012 good or bad? I have an itch for nascar but want the best career mode gameplay with the least bugs.

# 9 pioneers1316 @ 06/01/15 02:14 PM
I have had a problem with the paint schemes, where if I put anything over the numbers, manufacturer's logo, grill ect. it automatically covers it up, I am on Xbox 360. Anyone else have this problem/ resolution?

Thanks!

# 10 BurghFan @ 06/01/15 06:58 PM
In the paint booth you have to hit which ever XBox buttons are analogous to L1/R1 on PS3 until you you get the menu where you set the car number and number color. The 1st line on that screen should say "sticker options" or something like that. select that and you will be able to set the various decals to be either always on top, always underneath, or off.

# 11 T1TRAPTOR @ 06/02/15 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
In the paint booth you have to hit which ever XBox buttons are analogous to L1/R1 on PS3 until you you get the menu where you set the car number and number color. The 1st line on that screen should say "sticker options" or something like that. select that and you will be able to set the various decals to be either always on top, always underneath, or off.
Yeah, it doesn't work though. I put the headlight, number, and all that on top of everything and then when I went to the tack, the paint scheme was covering up everything again.

# 12 openicehit42 @ 06/28/15 10:16 PM
At this point I dont care how bad the game is, I just want to play NASCAR on my Xbox one

# 13 ILuvMN81 @ 06/29/15 05:08 PM
Like I said in the other Nascar 15 thread, I can't believe that people are paying almost double price on a Amazon or eBay!

Did I read something right (finally) ? No single season mode? Just career, single race and multiplayer, right? Might as well just wait if that's the case.

I hope someone can verify that for me before this thread gets buried behind more Project CARS threads

# 14 BurghFan @ 06/29/15 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMN81
Like I said in the other Nascar 15 thread, I can't believe that people are paying almost double price on a Amazon or eBay!

Did I read something right (finally) ? No single season mode? Just career, single race and multiplayer, right? Might as well just wait if that's the case.

I hope someone can verify that for me before this thread gets buried behind more Project CARS threads
No, it has season mode (3rd option in the single player menu after "Race Now" and "Track Testing".

# 15 ILuvMN81 @ 06/29/15 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
No, it has season mode (3rd option in the single player menu after "Race Now" and "Track Testing".
Ah, good to hear! I know DMI was going on the quick and cheap but that would be odd to leave out. Thanks for clearing that up man!

Now if only someone could explain why people are paying $40-50 for this on Amazon and bidding upwards to $35 on eBay...

# 16 BurghFan @ 09/25/15 01:39 AM
There will be a NASCAR '15 Victory Edition released next month. From what information I've gathered from the DMi website and Twitter it's basically a mega-patch that will be a free download for anyone who already owns NASCAR '15.

http://www.dmracing.org/nascar15.php

Quote:
Can you taste the Victory? NASCAR '15 Victory Edition is an in-season update to NASCAR '15. It features more than 80 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ paint schemes. Schedules and rules changes implemented during the 2015 season are reflected within the game. Start as a rookie and create your own NASCAR legacy, or take the wheel from your favorite driver and battle it out against your rivals. With all of your favorite personalities and tracks, NASCAR '15 Victory Edition is the only authentic NASCAR racing game experience for fans.

NASCAR '15 Victory Edition includes:

-80+ paint schemes across 45 licensed drivers
-All game patches and system updates from NASCAR '15
-Multiplayer compatibility with up to 16 online players
-Single Race: Here is your chance to take the wheel of any of the 43+ licensed drivers in NASCAR '15 VE, head to your favorite track and race through the entire weekend experience – practice, qualifying and race day!
-Career Mode: Start as a rookie and become your own NASCAR legend across multiple seasons. Do you have what it takes to make it to the Chase and win it all?
-Official Teams & Tracks: All of the top drivers, teams & tracks; from the high banks of Daytona and Talladega, to the twists & turns of Watkins Glen, and the history of Darlington.
-A few surprises (we'll announce these soon!)

Platforms: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC
Release Date: Fall 2015
MSRP: $19.99 (Available at GameStop, Steam, Target, Walmart, Amazon, Toys "R" Us)

For additional information please contact [email protected]
I'm curious as to what "a few surprises" entails and wonder if I might be thinking too much into the fact that NASCAR '15 Victory Edition was the primary sponsor on the #54 truck driven by Matt Tifft in last weeks CWTS race.

Quote:

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

and another picture from a different tweet

# 17 Turbojugend @ 09/29/15 03:26 PM
Nice find.

NASCAR '15 is on sale for $13.99 on PSN this week, I realize it's pretty much a skin update from '14 but I enjoyed that game enough to pick up '15 on the cheap. Hopefully this "Victory Edition" adds a few more features, I don't see anything new on that list except maybe more paint jobs?

More VE info (via Reddit):

When will NASCAR '15 Victory Edition be released?
The game is currently slated to be released in October 2015.

What systems will NASCAR '15 Victory Edition be available on?
The game will be available on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC for the suggested price of $19.99.

What is the difference between NASCAR ‘15 and NASCAR ‘15 Victory Edition?
NASCAR ’15 Victory Edition includes the original NASCAR ’15 game, all game patches and updates, 36 previously released DLC paint schemes, and a few surprises (we’ll announce these soon!).

Will current NASCAR ‘15 owners get the Victory Edition update?
Yes. If you currently own NASCAR ‘15, you will automatically receive the Victory Edition update for free.

I own NASCAR ‘15, how can I download the Victory Edition update?
Download instructions will be provided when Victory Edition is released.

If I own NASCAR ‘15, should I buy Victory Edition?
Current owners of NASCAR ‘15 will automatically receive the Victory Edition update for free. Unless you’re a Joey Logano fan and want the new game cover, we recommend passing on Victory Edition if you already own NASCAR ‘15.

What is the NASCAR ’16 update? Who gets the update and when will it be released?
The NASCAR ’16 update will be available to all owners of NASCAR ’15 Victory Edition (including those who updated from NASCAR ’15). It will be released in early 2016 and include the 2016 NASCAR schedule and more. Details will be released at a later date.

I purchased the DLC packs for NASCAR ‘15. Can I get refund?
No. Due to complications, the release timeline of the DLC packs was far from our original expectation. Moving forward, we promise more transparency and a better experience for all our fans. Our goal is to create the best games for NASCAR fans and we thank you for your patience.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.