Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

With the NBA Draft Lottery behind us, it is time to let the mock drafts begin. This time of year is the favorite for NBA analysts and scouts, as they get to give their two cents on who should go where when draft day rolls around. There are sure to be hours of speculation on what players should be drafted in reality, but what about the 2015 draft in NBA 2K15? Here are my top five would-be picks in the video game world.

Read More: NBA 2K15 Top 5 Mock Draft

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 sticks323 @ 05/24/15 05:12 PM
That was supposed to be Okafor?? Yikes...

# 2 malky @ 05/25/15 11:48 PM
Stanley Johnson should be number 5, and I agree with Shady Mike, the Lakers are going to pick the star of the draft in Russell.

# 3 Chicago @ 05/25/15 11:59 PM
Yikes that's supposed to be Okafor?

# 4 Taer @ 05/26/15 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
I have a feeling the Lakers are going to troll us and take Russell at #2 lol.
My gut says if the Lakers go with a franchise guard they will take: Emmanuel Mudiay.

If he was not injured, I'd actually expect him to be taken over Okafor.

If they believe they can somehow guarantee getting Westbrook signed when he is a free agent then I'd think they go for Okafor/Townsend.

# 5 Taer @ 05/26/15 07:57 AM
Quote:
Fine by me lol every Sixers fan on the East coast wants Deangelo Russell to be in a Sixers uniform next year. I think Mudiay has bust written all over him. People keep saying that Mudiay is the Russell Westbrook but they don't realize that what makes Westbrook, "Westbrook" is not his skill or his physical tools, but his heart...his motor, and THAT is something that you just can't teach.
I totally agree with your assessment with the qualifier that I do not know Mudiay's heart.

The fact that he has bust written all over him (due to injuries) is the exact reason my gut says J. Buss will take him over Russell. Think of both of our favorite Center: Andrew Bynum.

Getting back to the Mudiay/Westbrook comparison: Mudiay, even if he performs at Westbrook's early years level still has recent Westbrook injury concerns after Beverley took him out. Which is reason enough for me to take Russell over him and reason enough for Buss to take Mudiay over Russell.

Can you tell I am a diehard Laker fan? lol.

# 6 Taer @ 05/26/15 08:59 AM
Quote:
...(Do you think Cauley-Stein would be a reach at 2?)
First, let me say: We seem to be on the same page in our thinking (including Monroe being underrated).

Cauley-Stein is supposed to be the most NBA-ready big in this year's draft so I see him going sooner than later. With that being said: GM's are enamored with potential more than not so I see the Towns/Okafor picks more likely than Cauley-Stein.

New York seems intent on win-now mode so if they keep their pick I see them possibly avoiding whichever guard they are left and taking Cauley-Stein then doing some horse-trading.

One of the sleepers I see is Frank Kaminsky. He has the developed skills to spread the floor and he has heart. There is also the fact that the NBA is a copy-cat league and with the success of the SA system this year he can fit in a lot of programs and line-ups personality-wise.

I think the big steal for the Lakers will be the 27th pick. They can target a "Kobe-clone" here and develop him within the next couple of years. A lot of potential guards in this range of the dradt are available this year.

# 7 nip83 @ 05/29/15 05:28 AM
The toughest spot to be right now is the NYK 4th pick.

Assume these scenarios:

-If the Lakers take Russell at 2 ,Philly will be in a tough spot as well.Drafting Okafor makes zero sense for them (I believe Embiid will be the better player) and Mudiay is a question mark for all the known reasons.However it's a risk they can afford to take, the fit is better in Philly than in NY ,as this is a team under development.This is a best case scenario for the Knicks if Okafor falls into their lap at 4, as he clearly fits the triangle and is Nba ready ,offensively.In other words if Okafor can't succeed in the triangle, he is not going to succeed anywhere else.

-If the Lakers make the obvious choice and draft Okafor, then Philly's decision is clear cut.They take the polished Russell and leave the Knicks with a hard choice.Now the Knicks at 4 could very well draft Mudiay but there are 2 big reasons to avoid it:
1.Mudiay is unpolished,young and raw at this point.His upside is tremendous but the NYK don't look like a team willing to let players grow slowly.Have you seen any player develop in New York other than Jeremy Lin the last few years?The Knicks are targeting FA's ,they have Melo past his prime and looking for a quick rebuild.
2.Mudiay is the anti-triangle guard.Undeveloped shooting skill and ineffective without the ball,he is looking like someone that could be underused in a system that does not utilize a lot of pick n rolls.

So i belive that the best course of action for the NYK is to go down a few spots in the draft ,by trade and let someone else pick Mudiay at 4.They could target players that fit much more easily in the triangle like Hezonja or Kaminsky.Taking those players with a #4 is a waste of assets, and some team would be willing to give up a useful player or a protected future pick to go up in the draft and try their hands at either Mudiay or WCS.

With that said i really hope my Pistons grab Kristaps Porzinghis with the #8.He hasn't generated much hype but i believe he could be a sleeper with defensive potential and nice shooting at this size.

# 8 Taer @ 06/26/15 01:53 AM
Quote:
I have a feeling the Lakers are going to troll us and take Russell at #2 lol.

Spot on Shady ... Looks like our discussion here had more relevance than we thought back then.

I'm extremely glad that Mitch&co took Russell. I had my hopes up after they brought him back for a second work-out but due to past mistakes I wasn't sure until the actual pick.

Combine Russell with whichever big they get in free agency and the core is looking solid for the Lakers.

Now, here is hoping 2K16 will allow me to start on the Lakers.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.