Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 will feature 12 Women’s National Teams, check out the trailer here and a few screenshots here. Those 12 teams include Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, Sweden, and the United States of America. Gamers can use them in Kick Off, Offline Tournament and online Friendly matches.

EA Sports mo-capped the player movement from Sydney Leroux, Abby Wambach, Alex Morgan, and Megan Rapinoe. You will see new in-game animations, including new walks, runs and sprints. Facial scans, facial features and hairstyles were also completed at various tournaments and events.

FIFA 16 is scheduled to release on September 22nd for North America on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC.

UPDATE: EA Sports has added their FAQ for the Women's National Teams in FIFA 16. Below are a few of them, click here to view them all.

Quote:
Q: Can women’s teams play against men’s teams?

A: Keeping in line with how women’s football is played in real life at this level, women’s national teams can only compete against each other in FIFA 16.

Q: Can I play with women in FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT)?

A: No, and that’s because FIFA Ultimate Team relies on having a wide range of players in order to build out a viable environment and Transfer Market. Due to the relatively small number of women’s players in the game, and because women’s and men’s teams don’t compete against each other at this level in the real world of the sport, we decided not add women to Ultimate Team in FIFA 16.

Q: Why aren’t all Women’s National Teams in the game?

A: We would love to have more teams in the game. However, since adding female players is a new feature for the franchise, we were limited in how many teams and players could be added.

Read the full press release below.

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced that EA SPORTS™ FIFA 16 will feature 12 Women’s National Teams for the first time in franchise history when it launches starting on September 22, 2015 in North America. Women’s National Teams from Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, Sweden, and the United States of America will all represent their respective federations in several FIFA 16 game modes including Kick Off, an Offline Tournament, as well as Online* Friendly Matches.

“Bringing some of the best women’s players and teams in the world to our franchise is a massive event for EA SPORTS, and we are equally excited about bringing millions of fans a new way to play,” said David Rutter, VP and GM, EA SPORTS FIFA. “We’re making sure fans get an authentic experience when playing with Women’s National Teams thanks to our innovative player capture and reference tools, as well as the sophisticated gameplay platform which we will continue to innovate on in FIFA 16.”

From all new player movement and likeness, to realistic animations and attributes, the FIFA development team have authentically recreated 12 of the top-ranked teams in the world. Capturing all new player movement was done with meticulous detail and supported by a motion capture session at EA Canada with four top players from United States Women’s National Team: Sydney Leroux, Abby Wambach, Alex Morgan, and Megan Rapinoe. The players’ movements helped to build new locomotion for women in FIFA 16 including new walks, runs, sprints, and horizontal movement. Soccer Canada also visited EA to provide full-player references captured using the 360 degree body scanning rig – the references were then used to develop new player models. And the mobile headscanning unit travelled to a variety of tournaments and events around the world to capture facial features including hairstyles to ensure players look as realistic as possible in FIFA 16. Players in the game will look and move in game like they do on the pitch when representing their country.

“I honestly can’t believe all of the science and technology behind the game itself, let alone getting us into the motion capture suits and eventually into the game,” said Abby Wambach, world record holder for International goals scored and forward, United States Women’s National Team. “We’re all excited to see ourselves in the game, but even more excited to see the reaction from all of the fans, including the fans of our team that maybe wouldn’t be expecting something like this from EA SPORTS.”

FIFA 16 with Women’s National Teams** will be available when the game launches on Origin™ on PC, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems.

FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 orion523 @ 05/30/15 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
No.

It is not a fact.

You are wrong.

Actual studies — FACTS, not your "facts" — say differently.

48 percent of the 190 million gamers in the United States are women.

Millions and millions of women play video games.

And before you respond with a lame joke about them playing cell phone games like Angry Birds and Candy Crush, look at the actual data that shows more than 13 million women play games on Sony and Microsoft consoles at least five days a week — nearly as much as men do.

Furthermore, millions of women play even the most stereotypically masculine games like Madden, Call of Duty, Halo, and Grand Theft Auto despite those games and communities making little effort to make women feel included.

So get your "facts" right before purporting that what you say actually holds any water.
You're a little late to the party mate. The facts surprised me I admit, but it does look as if they're the facts. I'm a big boy, I can admit when I'm wrong, and I was here.

# 102 TheLetterZ @ 05/30/15 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
You're a little late to the party mate. The facts surprised me I admit, but it does look as if they're the facts. I'm a big boy, I can admit when I'm wrong, and I was here.
I see I am!

Good on you then, mate. Cheers.

# 103 orion523 @ 05/30/15 10:18 AM
I retread through this entire thread again this morning, and I must admit, I'm ashamed and embarrassed by my comments and behavior. They were wrong, on every level, and tongue in cheek or not, I shouldn't have made them. Worst of all I tried to defend them by disparaging someone else, and again Zoom Zoom to you I apologize personally.
What I said was stereotypical, sexist, and boorish. There is no excuse, I was wrong and I apologize.
It will not happen again.

# 104 TheLetterZ @ 05/30/15 10:30 AM
We all know you're passionate about the game. You got fired up.

Speaking for myself only (obviously), apology accepted.

# 105 orion523 @ 05/30/15 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
We all know you're passionate about the game. You got fired up.

Speaking for myself only (obviously), apology accepted.
I am passionate about the game, but there is no excuse and I refuse to give one, I acted like a clown. The reality is women's sports are woefully underrepresented and kudos to EA.

# 106 bxphenom7 @ 05/30/15 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
1. Women are not a species lol. It's a gender.
2. As of a year ago...

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/adult-w...g-demographic/

This isn't to say that this should be their big feature of the year or that it was executed well (the fact that you can only use them against each other seems weirdly restricting), but there's a lot of misinformation about who actually plays video games.
Even if adult women do make up the majority of gamers (and I'm not against this being a feature, I think it's pretty cool), that doesn't tell you whether they're playing sports games, or console games in general. I wouldn't be surprised if this was related to mobile gaming.

# 107 dubcity @ 05/30/15 04:51 PM
Yeah, finding a female gamer - as in console gaming - is tough, but finding a female gamer who plays sports games seems like it would be impossible. Maybe this game will help. Who knows.

# 108 buckeyezombie @ 05/30/15 09:43 PM
It'd be nice if they take the time to fix handballs first. If not, then take the animation out of the game.

# 109 Cavani161 @ 05/30/15 11:13 PM
What about player/team ID? That should have been in the game for years now. And I know some people have talked about the womens game but the USWNT lost to a U17 boy's team back in 2012 by the score of 8-2. The US womens national soccer team U20 challenged the Blast U14 boys team and lost 3-0. There have been other instances where the USWNT have lost to U15 boy's as well.

I'm just hoping to see that FIFA adds in team/player ID, makes the AI a bit better and then I would really wanna sit down with this game for a long period.

# 110 orion523 @ 05/31/15 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom zoom
Good on you! Apology accepted, and no hard feelings.

Your willingness to reread and reassess shows you have a pretty good heart.
Thank you, I truly do appreciate it.

# 111 geisterhome @ 06/01/15 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavani161
What about player/team ID? That should have been in the game for years now. And I know some people have talked about the womens game but the USWNT lost to a U17 boy's team back in 2012 by the score of 8-2. The US womens national soccer team U20 challenged the Blast U14 boys team and lost 3-0. There have been other instances where the USWNT have lost to U15 boy's as well.

World Champions Germany have lost 2:0 against U16 boys few years back, a 13 year old scored both goals...
I'm pretty sure that womens soccer in FIFA will be a very unrealistc representation of the sport just cos they'll give those teams a severe boost in ratings and skill. And that's probably the best cos otherwise nobody but some sim guys would want to play those teams.

# 112 goillini03 @ 06/03/15 12:50 AM
When the rest of the new information breaks, most people that have issue with the women's teams being added will move on. If the rest of the gameplay news is weak, the argument will rage on.

# 113 JHedges2 @ 06/03/15 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
Right, because activism is such a bad thing. It's pretty sad that adding Women's Soccer teams to a video game is viewed as negative by some people.
Sigh.

It's NOT that people are upset that they've added women's soccer. It's that there are other things that are deemed far more important than adding this (for all intensive purposes) useless 'feature'.

I think people will be less 'caught up' in this, when more news is released, and if/when they discover if bugs/glitches have been addressed--which, for the record, is FAR more important than adding some 'extra teams' (men, women, or kids--doesn't matter) to the game.

# 114 aholbert32 @ 06/03/15 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Sigh.

It's NOT that people are upset that they've added women's soccer. It's that there are other things that are deemed far more important than adding this (for all intensive purposes) useless 'feature'.

I think people will be less 'caught up' in this, when more news is released, and if/when they discover if bugs/glitches have been addressed--which, for the record, is FAR more important than adding some 'extra teams' (men, women, or kids--doesn't matter) to the game.
How is adding more teams useless?

What does adding more teams to the game have to do with fixing bugs/glitches when different teams work on those things?

# 115 JHedges2 @ 06/03/15 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
How is adding more teams useless?

What does adding more teams to the game have to do with fixing bugs/glitches when different teams work on those things?
The additional teams don't really provide anything. You can't use them in MM. I assume that you won't be able to use them in a 'co-ed' (if you will?) tournament? The players aren't available in FUT.

I just don't see the point.

Again, there's no hidden agenda here attacking women. Like I said in a previous post--it'd be like Madden allocating resources to add SOME Canadian teams for exhibition mode ONLY. Neat feature, but no real point.

Another point, why not add more mens international teams first? Ones that can actually be used in CM? Not saying that that isn't the plan anyway, but I would deem that to be more 'valuable' (at least from a replay standpoint), than adding some 'fun' teams for ex. mode only.

Just my .02

# 116 aholbert32 @ 06/03/15 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
The additional teams don't really provide anything. You can't use them in MM. I assume that you won't be able to use them in a 'co-ed' (if you will?) tournament? The players aren't available in FUT.

I just don't see the point.

Again, there's no hidden agenda here attacking women. Like I said in a previous post--it'd be like Madden allocating resources to add SOME Canadian teams for exhibition mode ONLY. Neat feature, but no real point.

Another point, why not add more mens international teams first? Ones that can actually be used in CM? Not saying that that isn't the plan anyway, but I would deem that to be more 'valuable' (at least from a replay standpoint), than adding some 'fun' teams for ex. mode only.

Just my .02
You can likely use the women's team in tournament mode against other women's teams. Even if you cant, many people will still use them in play now mode and have a ball with them.

Just because a featured doesnt interest you doesnt mean its useless. For example, I have no interest in FUT. Zero. But I understand that other people love that feature so you dont hear me saying "Why is FIFA focusing so many resources on FUT when there are bugs and glitches in the game."

Many people will check out FIFA 16 just because of the women's teams so I dont begrudge them for adding the teams. I'd guess that more people will play with the women teams than any of the missing international teams like Ghana, Bosnia or Algeria.

# 117 steagles @ 06/03/15 12:39 PM
My friends and I play tons of exhibition games against each other at college, and I'm looking forward to torching them with Sydney Leroux. And one of my friends is stoked to have the French team so he can play as his crush, Laure Boulleau. Plenty of guys are loving this inclusion too.

# 118 nickthemajin @ 06/04/15 06:16 AM
With female character models are now in the game I expect the PC modders will have a field day. Wouldn't surprise me if many more international women's teams are added to the game through modding.

# 119 goillini03 @ 06/04/15 02:18 PM
I think it would be cool to have some historical women's world cup champions teams in the game. That would probably get a few plays from my group of friends.

# 120 videogamelover @ 06/05/15 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
I think it would be cool to have some historical women's world cup champions teams in the game. That would probably get a few plays from my group of friends.
EA will probably add them in FIFA 17 or FIFA 18, if the modding community doesn't add them.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.