Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Game Informer has posted 25 things to know about Madden NFL 16's Franchise Mode. Quite a few of them were not included in the official blog released earlier today. Below are a few items of interest, click here to read them all.
  • Draft classes are randomized, and the development team has tweaked the process to try and ensure better and more realistic distribution of positions drafted and where they are drafted.
  • Once your player is drafted, you'll immediately see their ratings and where they rank in the draft in terms of their overall rating.
  • Madden 16 does not include major changes to signing free agents or the available contact options. Elements missing in previous years like restricted free agents and the fifth-year option are not in the game.
  • Commissioners of online and offline leagues can apply wins or losses to other players' matches. This could come in handy if there was something that prevented a game that should have won, or if you want to advance the week to skip over a deadbeat player.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SolidSquid @ 05/28/15 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Below are a few of them, click here to read them all.
  • Draft classes are randomized, and the development team has tweaked the process to try and ensure better and more realistic distribution of positions drafted and where they are drafted.
  • Once your player is drafted, you'll immediately see their ratings and where they rank in the draft in terms of their overall rating.
  • Madden 16 does not include major changes to signing free agents or the available contact options. Elements missing in previous years like restricted free agents and the fifth-year option are not in the game.
  • Commissioners of online and offline leagues can apply wins or losses to other players' matches. This could come in handy if there was something that prevented a game that should have won, or if you want to advance the week to skip over a deadbeat player.
Glad everything is streamlined but I don't see any major improvements to the game mode itself besides adding the scouting combine. Hopefully gameplay improvements are heavy this year

# 2 Senator Palmer @ 05/28/15 02:39 PM
Quote:
You can now access a free practice mode from the game plan screen, and it does not cost you hours.

whoooooo... FINALLY!!!!!!!

# 3 Datninja619 @ 05/28/15 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Madden 16 does not include major changes to signing free agents or the available contact options. Elements missing in previous years like restricted free agents and the fifth-year option are not in the game.
I really hope this does not mean that we still won't be able to see free agents attributes before signing them.

# 4 Sub_ZERO2777 @ 05/28/15 02:57 PM
WOW THE MADE OFF-SEASON FUN THIS YEAR

# 5 mjavon @ 05/28/15 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
I really hope this does not mean that we still won't be able to see free agents attributes before signing them.
In the blog post they mentioned that the Player Card will display all of a player's attributes when you open it up, so it shouldn't be a problem assuming you can access the player card directly from the free agency screen.

# 6 Noles4ever @ 05/28/15 04:07 PM
Hopefully the owners mode in the CCM this year is fixed with the $$ loss/gained each week.

# 7 oneamongthefence @ 05/28/15 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noles4ever
Hopefully the owners mode in the CCM this year is fixed with the $$ loss/gained each week.
They said they made it so small market teams won't constantly be broke all the time.

# 8 SmashMan @ 05/28/15 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
I wonder how hard it will be to unlock the "true draft value" since it pretty much helps you discover if a player is a gem or over hyped.

In the screenshot posted in EA's article, it appears to take 21 points to unlock the three scouting levels. In the upper left (underneath this how-to screen), we can see that the user has 175 points available - so you could fully scout 8 players to find their "true draft value". And that's only if you scouted those eight players. Maybe fully scout one or two, and spread the rest of your points out getting to the first or second level of knowledge on a player?

Obviously they could change these values in either direction by the time the game is released.

# 9 CoffeyN @ 05/28/15 04:33 PM
Looks like no custom draft classes, bummer. PLEASE allow us to at least edit players once they're drafted at least.

# 10 purplerat @ 05/28/15 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan

In the screenshot posted in EA's article, it appears to take 21 points to unlock the three scouting levels. In the upper left (underneath this how-to screen), we can see that the user has 175 points available - so you could fully scout 8 players to find their "true draft value". And that's only if you scouted those eight players. Maybe fully scout one or two, and spread the rest of your points out getting to the first or second level of knowledge on a player?

Obviously they could change these values in either direction by the time the game is released.
is the 175 points available the total for the whole season or is that just what the user had at that moment?

# 11 kjcheezhead @ 05/28/15 04:47 PM
Quote:

I can't remember the last time I made it through a season to the draft in madden, but you only get to fully scout 8 players? Is that typical for the draft? That's sounds ridiculously low. If you draft 24th over all, it's possible you would have to do your entire draft picking players knowing nothing on them. This sounds terrible to me.

# 12 CM Hooe @ 05/28/15 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I can't remember the last time I made it through a season to the draft in madden, but you only get to fully scout 8 players? Is that typical for the draft? That's sounds ridiculously low. If you draft 24th over all, it's possible you would have to do your entire draft picking players knowing nothing on them. This sounds terrible to me.
Madden NFL 15 allocated scouting points to the user on a weekly basis. Based on that fact, it's more likely that the user may only fully scout eight players per week (assuming they didn't spread their scouting points around) in Madden NFL 16. Which means the user could probably fully scout around half of the 300-plus players in the draft pool, roughly.

# 13 trey2k198003 @ 05/28/15 05:19 PM
I like most of the changes.New scouting and the Nfl combine stats are cool and hopefully are properly integrated i look forward to them Also I like the depth chart situattion and the streamlined menu process. The less menu moving around the better I say. Also i REALLY am pumped about the Dynamic goals in game if that is done coreectly that is going to be a blast. I always found it hard to remember my players goals in the middle of the game. Now i have there regular goals and trying to win the game but the Dynamic goals as well. I just hope that we can now see what our in season XP goals are for the week in game. Just me. Anyway good Job so far EA hope the under the hood stuff is great and the sliders are looked into.

# 14 Lisac @ 05/28/15 05:25 PM
Thank you EA for saving me 65 bucks-
No one button 32 team control and No editable draft classes means I won't buy!
Good to know early though!

# 15 SmashMan @ 05/28/15 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerat
is the 175 points available the total for the whole season or is that just what the user had at that moment?
I'm just looking at the screenshot, so I'd say at the moment. We don't know at what point of the season it was taken or how many scouting points are distributed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
CM Hooe answered this, but yeah...without knowing when exactly the screenshot was taken in terms of the season, there's no way to answer this for sure. I was speaking purely on what was in the screenshot at that point on time.

# 16 SolidSquid @ 05/28/15 05:29 PM
Quote:
I'm just looking at the screenshot, so I'd say at the moment. We don't know at what point of the season it was taken or how many scouting points are distributed.

CM Hooe answered this, but yeah...without knowing when exactly the screenshot was taken in terms of the season, there's no way to answer this for sure. I was speaking purely on what was in the screenshot at that point on time.
175 has to be per week, if it was total you could only scout the first 2 attributes of 17 players

# 17 Potatoes002 @ 05/28/15 06:03 PM
It has a NCAA 14 recruiting feel to it, I like the new scouting a lot more.

# 18 MajorSupreme @ 05/28/15 07:08 PM
So we finally get the ticker! But it's for player goals? Welp, we came close.

# 19 Primo80 @ 05/28/15 07:39 PM
Sounds good, provided it's just periphery stuff and not their big guns. The only thing that stuck out to me was that "Activities in game prep are more skewed toward game planning against that week's opponent as opposed to general improvement by position." Seems like a baby step, absent a true opponent tendency breakdown, but still i never thought I'd see the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
The off season and practice is more important in football than any other sport and Tiburon continues to skimp on it.
Didnt see this before i posted, but F'n A right, man. Games are a culmination of preparation.

# 20 Cowboy008 @ 05/28/15 07:43 PM
"After each play you'll see all the goals influenced by that play via a scrolling onscreen tracker at the bottom of the screen. You'll also get XP and confidence updates. Furthermore, the loading screen shows you how you're progressing towards various goals." Instead of that why don't they have a ticker at the bottom showing you up to date scores, standings, stats, etc.

"Missing some weekly goals can have a negative effect on your confidence." We shouldn't have to play a certain way in order to reach goals.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.