Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Game Informer has posted 25 things to know about Madden NFL 16's Franchise Mode. Quite a few of them were not included in the official blog released earlier today. Below are a few items of interest, click here to read them all.
  • Draft classes are randomized, and the development team has tweaked the process to try and ensure better and more realistic distribution of positions drafted and where they are drafted.
  • Once your player is drafted, you'll immediately see their ratings and where they rank in the draft in terms of their overall rating.
  • Madden 16 does not include major changes to signing free agents or the available contact options. Elements missing in previous years like restricted free agents and the fifth-year option are not in the game.
  • Commissioners of online and offline leagues can apply wins or losses to other players' matches. This could come in handy if there was something that prevented a game that should have won, or if you want to advance the week to skip over a deadbeat player.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jpdavis82 @ 05/31/15 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
I could be wrong, but in one of the other threads someone posted a tweet from one of the devs promising more news.

EDIT: JP posted it. It can be found here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...olbe-l-10.html
I posted that about last Friday, my original post was made on the 27th. I'm hoping we get some gameplay announcements this Friday, I think that will get people excited again.

# 62 PeoplesChampGB @ 05/31/15 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I posted that about last Friday, my original post was made on the 27th. I'm hoping we get some gameplay announcements this Friday, I think that will get people excited again.
Ok, my apologies then. Thanks for the clarification JP.

# 63 SolidSquid @ 05/31/15 08:40 PM
Quote:
Jp Im not trying to disrespect you at all but do you realize you pimped the CFM announcement to be something great? At this point I think a lot of people see you as a hype man for EA.

How do you honestly feel about the CFM news? Do you think they did enough to consider it a real improvement?

# 64 jpdavis82 @ 05/31/15 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Jp Im not trying to disrespect you at all but do you realize you pimped the CFM announcement to be something great? At this point I think a lot of people see you as a hype man for EA.

How do you honestly feel about the CFM news? Do you think they did enough to consider it a real improvement?
I didn't really feel like I hyped cfm that much, I was just saying that the news for it was coming. I feel like based on the podcast, the focus this year was to make the mode more accessible and add some key features for the community that they have been wanting, while tuning and fixing what wasn't working. Improved scouting, combine results, visual depth charts, sim a win, free practice, those are all features people have been wanting. I feel like once people see the gameplay improvements they will be a little more excited about M16. This wasn't a big year for CFM additions and new things, but why add those things with the foundations of the mode fundamentally broken? With that being said I think people will appreciate the improvements/cleaning up of the mode more when they get into it for themselves.

# 65 SolidSquid @ 05/31/15 08:57 PM
Quote:
I didn't really feel like I hyped cfm that much, I was just saying that the news for it was coming. I feel like based on the podcast, the focus this year was to make the mode more accessible and add some key features for the community that they have been wanting, while tuning and fixing what wasn't working. Improved scouting, combine results, visual depth charts, sim a win, free practice, those are all features people have been wanting. I feel like once people see the gameplay improvements they will be a little more excited about M16. This wasn't a big year for CFM additions and new things, but why add those things with the foundations of the mode fundamentally broken? With that being said I think people will appreciate the improvements/cleaning up of the mode more when they get into it for themselves.
What was added that the community asked for beside free practice mode that was removed 2 iterations ago?

Kolbe said last year MUT got most of the resources and this year was supposed to be CFMs turn, people including myself took that to mean additions not simply "improvements". As far as cleaning up things before adding to them that is what people have been asking for with gameplay for how long and havnt gotten it?

# 66 PeoplesChampGB @ 05/31/15 09:01 PM
Quote:
What was added that the community asked for beside free practice mode that was removed 2 iterations ago?

Kolbe said last year MUT got most of the resources and this year was supposed to be CFMs turn, people including myself took that to mean additions not simply "improvements". As far as cleaning up things before adding to them that is what people have been asking for with gameplay for how long and havnt gotten it?
No offense, but do people not understand? Easier navigation equals more casuals visiting the mode, meaning more people play the mode which means more dev time gets allocated to the mode. How can anyone complain about this?

# 67 jpdavis82 @ 05/31/15 09:16 PM
Quote:
No offense, but do people not understand? Easier navigation equals more casuals visiting the mode, meaning more people play the mode which means more dev time gets allocated to the mode. How can anyone complain about this?
You're exactly right.

# 68 roadman @ 05/31/15 09:17 PM
Quote:

There are a lot of GCers who are in several different leagues. Those additions that JP mentioned are all things that will help the online leagues.

Personally, I felt the UI was terrible to meander through and I'm glad they cleaned it up.

I'm disappointed the formation subs, RFA's, practice squads, etc... were not added.

Not everyone will be happy, but there are a lot of people in leagues that seem to happy with the changes made and hopefully there is more on the horizon.

# 69 jpdavis82 @ 05/31/15 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There are a lot of GCers who are in several different leagues. Those additions that JP mentioned are all things that will help the online leagues.

Personally, I felt the UI was terrible to meander through and I'm glad they cleaned it up.

I'm disappointed the formation subs, RFA's, practice squads, etc... were not added.

Not everyone will be happy, but there are a lot of people in leagues that seem to happy with the changes made and hopefully there is more on the horizon.
Also keep in mind that just because resources are invested upon this year, doesn't mean they will be seen immediately in the same cycle. Think back to presentation improvements like new camera angles and commentary investments in the past, a lot of times it was the year after they said they invested in these things, that we saw them in the game. I think it was Madden 11 where Mike Young talked in podcasts about investments being made in cameras and then in Madden 12 we saw the result of that. Go back to the podcast, Kolbe talks about how they got the most resources of every mode but didn't get EVERYTHING he wanted in THIS year. Logically you can expect there to be things they invested in this year that they didn't have enough time/man power to put in the game, but that doesn't mean the investment wasn't made THIS year for those things.

# 70 Skyboxer @ 05/31/15 09:23 PM
Sim a Win... FTW

# 71 jpdavis82 @ 05/31/15 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Sim a Win... FTW
This also means we can simulate the correct winners each week and make sure the Playoffs are accurate according to the real NFL results, for those who like to simulate the real NFL as closely as possible.

# 72 SolidSquid @ 05/31/15 09:30 PM
Quote:
I'm not complaint about the improved UI, I'm saying the importance of that to casuals is being overstated. Casuals imho simply do not care about CFM, a depth chart is a depth chart no matter how you look at it, scouting and drafting is still scouting and drafting even if you make it easier. Will more casuals give it chance if things are easier to find? Absolutely but will making things easier to find hold their overall interest in CFM I doubt it.

# 73 SolidSquid @ 05/31/15 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Ah you're right, I was ignorant in my argument bc I'm not an online league guy. I do online single player CFMs simply for the faster sim speed.

# 74 roadman @ 05/31/15 09:34 PM
Quote:
Ah you're right, I was ignorant in my argument bc I'm not an online league guy. I do online single player CFMs simply for the faster sim speed.
We are in the same boat, hopefully, next year we get some love.

# 75 Gosens6 @ 05/31/15 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
No one was banned for passion... They were banned for either trolling,name calling or other TOS violations.
You know what I mean , man. They're passion for the game and how they felt on the subject.

Whether they went about it in the right way is neither here nor there to me

# 76 miz468 @ 05/31/15 10:44 PM
EA should learn from 2K. The reaction to MyLeague in NBA 2K15 was huge. Why? They gave the users total control. Custom classes, sliders that affect things such as sim difficulty and trade frequency, the ability to veto computer trades, editing injuries, etc. It's not a mode without flaws, but having that much control over it makes it so immersive.

Madden needs a franchise mode like this.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 77 stankonia6723 @ 06/01/15 05:38 AM
Seriously not buying without the ability to edit the names of the draftees. Kills any desire of playing franchise past year one.

# 78 Lakers24win @ 06/01/15 08:43 AM
Can anyone clarify the use of the ticker I saw??? Is it a goal ticker only or is it a cam update ticker?? I would really like to know this because if it is a cfm update ticker I'm buying first day.. That's what I need from cfm.

# 79 georgiafan @ 06/01/15 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stankonia6723
Seriously not buying without the ability to edit the names of the draftees. Kills any desire of playing franchise past year one.

I get where you coming from but even with that ability you would get fake names in year 4 or 5.

# 80 vrtkolman @ 06/01/15 01:47 PM
I'm kind of annoyed that both WR's in that screenshot are 6'4" and over 220 lbs. I know that bigger WR's are more common now, but I don't want to see every team have 3 or 4 guys that are 6'4" or more after 3 years in franchise.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.