Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Pitching a no-no in MLB 15: The Show is a herculean task. To be honest with you I’ve never done it, although I have gotten close throwing a few one-hitters.

It’s something that can be done and many have done it, but for those who haven’t here are some tips that may help you...

Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Some Tips on How to Throw A No-Hitter

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 VonRye @ 05/29/15 11:07 AM
I threw a perfect game with Joe Kelly of the Cardinals vs. the Brewers in MLB The Show 13. The biggest problem I've had to deal with is the 19 foul balls every inning that drives your pitch count up.

# 2 jtott @ 05/29/15 11:41 AM
I've thrown 3 so far in my franchise this season.... the Cardinals. 2 by Wacha and 1 with Waino. Came close to a perfect game with Waino. An error by Wong in the 9th screwed that up. But I tell you what... each time I had to keep wiping my hands..... sweaty palms from the nerves and excitement.

# 3 jrussom @ 05/29/15 11:45 AM
Two low inside fast ball to get 0 - 2. The high inside cutter to finish them off. This work a lot of the time for me. I had a perfect game last year and three no hitters this year.

If you really want to do it easy, just flip the pitch scene to the batter view. Piece of cake. I Have a perfect game this year from this angle and 19 ks. In the same game. I don't could this as a perfect game because the difficulty seemed easier.

# 4 HypoLuxa13 @ 05/29/15 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye
I threw a perfect game with Joe Kelly of the Cardinals vs. the Brewers in MLB The Show 13. The biggest problem I've had to deal with is the 19 foul balls every inning that drives your pitch count up.
There's a slider for that.

# 5 GeauxTigers @ 05/29/15 11:58 AM
MLB 14 was my first year and early in my first season I threw one with King Felix and at the time I didn't even realize it was happening until the game was over so perhaps that helped not thinking about it because I haven't come close since then (which is how it should be of course ... so I'm actually happy about that).

I will add that it was using Quick Counts when I threw it ... curious for those who've played more than I have if you think it's harder or easier with Quick Counts ... I'd think it's easier using Quick Counts other than dealing with inflated pitch counts that you don't have full control over.

# 6 BROman @ 05/29/15 12:01 PM
I got thru 7 2/3's two nights ago w/ Aaron Sanchez. Gave up a single up the middle that was just out the reach of Reyes. Usually I start thinking about it after 5 innings, but it was a playoff game and I didn't score until the top of the 7th, so I hadn't put much thought into throwing a perfect game until I got that run. Then just like that, it was over.

# 7 teebee @ 05/29/15 12:48 PM
I was lucky enough to pull of a no-no with Big Game James Shields last summer.

I think you need to add #11: Avoid collapsing when the CPU tries to screw you, i had a fly ball in the air to RF as the final out in the no-hitter only to have Aoki randomly drop the ball as he was camped under it so technically i had to get 28 outs for my no-no! Aside from overcoming testicular cancer, the deaths of both parents and being abandoned by my wife, mustering up the mental fortitude to get that 28th out ranks high in my life's achievements.

# 8 garyjr33 @ 05/29/15 01:15 PM
I threw a perfect game with my RTTS guy in MLB 14 in AA, and a perfect game with Tanaka (13 strikeouts) against the Cards. Had never had one before that. Also, threw a perfect game with Sabathia (12 strikeouts) in MLB 13 (against Orioles). Threw a no hitter this year with Tanaka (17 strikeouts, 1 walk)---this one was done on All-Star. Others were on veteran when I played on veteran still. Up until MLB 13 I had always fallen short.

# 9 skrody @ 05/29/15 01:49 PM
i threw a perfect game with marcus stroman vs the white sox.

i didn't know i was throwing a PG until the 7th inning when the announcer commented on it. i'll say the last 2 innings were intense as F.

# 10 bxphenom7 @ 05/29/15 02:26 PM
I haven't had a no hitter/perfect game since Backyard Baseball 2005 lol

# 11 Armor and Sword @ 05/29/15 02:57 PM
The one and only time I ever threw a no no on MLB The Show was on 2009 with my New York Yankees and with AJ Burnett!!

It was amazing.

Classic Pitching was the interface.

# 12 Jeffrey Smith @ 05/29/15 03:11 PM
I've thrown 2 NO-NO's. One in 2013 and one in 2014, both with Brandon Morrow. Been close a couple of other times, but none this year not even close.

# 13 Indyboy180 @ 05/29/15 03:21 PM
Closest I've gotten is a full game shutout against the Yankees with Price.

# 14 Gdbraden @ 05/29/15 08:25 PM
I threw a perfect game with Gerrit Cole during the NLCS against the Dodgers and won the game 1-0. I lost the series in 7 because Kershaw beat me 3 times. I didn't even realize that I had thrown a perfect game until it was over because it was such an intense game. Had I known I probably would have blown it.

# 15 NewNapkin @ 05/29/15 08:34 PM

Took those tips to heart last year... 9.1 perfect innings, but I forgot that there is more to baseball than pitching.

# 16 Jros22 @ 05/30/15 05:52 AM
I threw a perfect game online in this year game with Taijuan Walker Vs the Tigers here is the last 2 outs https://youtu.be/wV1EX2BCjp8

# 17 Perfect Zero @ 05/30/15 07:27 AM
I have had one perfect game in the show series. In Diamond Dynasty mode last year my DD Player Buckeye Cooper (someone I modeled after Satchel Page) got 27 outs against the Cubs at Wrigley. To date it is also my only no-hitter. I think the key is just to play your game. If you start nibbling the corners or change your game too much, you'll tip your pitches and blow it.

# 18 Seltaeb9091 @ 05/30/15 07:33 PM
I've thrown two perfect games in my history with The Show... first one was with Matt Cain in MLB 08 (PS2), which also was a World Series winning victory. Second one was with Tim Lincecum in MLB 13 (PS3). Finally got around to adding videos of both to my arena. The Cain one was done on a TV with video outputs, so I was able to capture that one to my laptop. The TV on the Lincecum one didn't have outputs, so I had to make do with my digital camera perched on a hassock.

I remember pitching another perfect game in Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run, and yet my pitcher was *not* named player of the game. I had also found a location in the strike zone in Tecmo Super Baseball (SNES) that the CPU could never hit 99.99% of the time, so perfect games kinda lost their luster in that one after a while.

I almost had a no-hitter in MVP 05 (PS2) before Juan Pierre hit a clean single off of me after 26 outs (a rare error by Omar Vizquel cost me the perfect game). In an older PS2 All-Star Baseball title, he once homered twice (!) off of me, so apparently I didn't hate Pierre in my baseball video games enough as it was at that point.

# 19 tabarnes19_SDS @ 05/31/15 09:03 PM
Just threw my first no hitter. World series game 3. Down 2 games to none.Attachment 99423

# 20 Iscariot666 @ 05/31/15 09:26 PM
After routinely crushing my 12 year old son in The Show '15, he somehow was able to pitch a perfect game against me a few weeks ago. There was absolutely no sandbagging on my part. In fact, I even attempted an 8th inning bunt in order to break it up, to no avail. I deservedly will never live that game down and, honestly, I'm pretty damn proud of him.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.