Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Players On The Rise

The Giants were the big winners this week as their hitting spree in real life carried over to Brandon Belt, Nori Aoki and Joe Panik all getting upgrades. The Cardinals did not do too badly either as Kolten Wong and Michael Wacha both went Gold this week.

Alex Rodriguez going Gold this week is rather wild, but Prince Fielder getting the same treatment was more expected. Justin Upton was the highest-rated player to be boosted this week as he became a 90 overall -- Carlos Gomez dipped to a 90 this week as well but that's in the next section. Jacob deGrom is the final player on the list that went Gold for the week.

The biggest individual winner this week was Delino DeShields Jr. who received a plus-10 in Overall rating.

Tier Changes

(All thanks go to Daddy Leagues for these numbers! They've been so on the ball the last couple weeks I no longer have to sync up before and after roster update video clips to do all the changes myself.)
  • Jimmy Paredes went from Bronze to Silver
  • Alex Rodriguez went from Silver to Gold
  • Munenori Kawasaki went from Common to Bronze
  • Prince Fielder went from Silver to Gold
  • Josh Hamilton went from Bronze to Silver
  • Delino DeShields Jr. went from Common to Bronze
  • Pedro Ciriaco went from Common to Bronze
  • Jacob deGrom went from Silver to Gold
  • Daniel Murphy went from Bronze to Silver
  • Michael Wacha went from Silver to Gold
  • Kolten Wong went from Silver to Gold
  • Andre Ethier went from Bronze to Silver
  • Alberto Callaspo went from Common to Bronze
  • Brandon Belt went from Bronze to Silver
  • Joe Panik went from Bronze to Silver
Full List Of Changes

Jimmy Paredes +3 boost in Overall rating (78 Overall)
Travis Snider +1 (70)
Alex Rodriguez +4 (85) -- +9 Pwr vs. R / +13 Pwr vs. L
Brett Gardner +3 (83) -- +6 Con vs. R
Munenori Kawasaki +1 (69)
Jake Odorizzi +1 (84)
Trevor Plouffe +3 (77) -- +6 Pwr vs. R / +12 Pwr vs. L
Seth Smith +1 (68)
Prince Fielder +3 (87) -- +10 Pwr vs. R / +5 Pwr vs. L
Josh Hamilton +7 (81)
Shawn Tolleson +1 (77)
Delino DeShields Jr. +10 (76) -- +15 Con vs. R / +27 Con vs. L / +12 Stl
Nick Martinez +2 (73)
Stephen Vogt +4 (84) -- +5 Con vs. R / +5 Con vs. L / +5 Pwr vs. R / +10 Pwr vs. L
Angel Castro +3 (67)
George Springer +1 (81)
Cameron Maybin +3 (75)
Pedro Ciraco +6 (71)
Brad Hand +4 (73)
Drew Storen +4 (84)
Tanner Roark +4 (84)
Sammy Solis +4 (68)
Jacob deGrom +4 (86)
Daniel Murphy +4 (80)
Dexter Fowler +2 (81) -- +6 Pwr vs. R / +8 Pwr vs. L
Ryan Braun +1 (86) -- +7 Pwr vs. R
A.J. Burnett +3 (83)
Michael Wacha +3 (86)
Kolten Wong +3 (86) -- +19 Con vs. R / -10 Con vs. L / +10 Pwr vs. R / -8 Pwr vs. L
Nolan Arenado +2 (87) -- +12 Pwr vs. R
D.J. LeMahieu +2 (75) -- +10 Con vs. R / +8 Con vs. L
Yohan Flande +4 (65)
Andre Ethier +4 (79) -- +5 Con vs. R / +9 Con vs. L / +14 Pwr vs. R
Mike Bolsinger +10 (75)
Eric Stults +5 (74)
Alberto Callaspo +2 (70)
Justin Upton +2 (90) -- +6 Pwr vs. R
Nori Aoki +1 (80) -- +9 Con vs. R
Brandon Belt +4 (80) -- +10 Con vs. R / +10 Pwr vs. R
Tim Lincecum +1 (79)
Joe Panik +4 (78) -- +25 Con vs. L

Read More - Robinson Cano Loses Big and More

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 sh27 @ 06/01/15 01:35 PM
What makes you think trout will be in the may packs? He was in the april ones and I feel like he had a better april than may, but I am too lazy to check..They had 3 diamonds in the last one so I'm thinking there will be 3 diamonds in this one. I would guess Felix, Goldy, and Miggy, but Felix and Miggy were also in april. Maybe Harper, Goldy, and posey/felix/miggy?

# 2 ChaseB @ 06/01/15 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh27
What makes you think trout will be in the may packs? He was in the april ones and I feel like he had a better april than may, but I am too lazy to check..They had 3 diamonds in the last one so I'm thinking there will be 3 diamonds in this one. I would guess Felix, Goldy, and Miggy, but Felix and Miggy were also in april. Maybe Harper, Goldy, and posey/felix/miggy?
Haha that is my bad. I actually meant to put Harper and not Trout (fixed now). A slip of sorts where I was thinking one GOAT young player over the other GOAT.

# 3 ChaseB @ 06/01/15 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh27
Is there a rule they can't duplicate and put some of the same guys in packs again? Assuming they can only have 3 diamonds is also interesting but dunno if they will follow that. If that were the case, the guys you called out all had nice months and make sense.

# 4 sh27 @ 06/01/15 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Is there a rule they can't duplicate and put some of the same guys in packs again? Assuming they can only have 3 diamonds is also interesting but dunno if they will follow that. If that were the case, the guys you called out all had nice months and make sense.
no, there's no rule. Just speculation on my part. Also not sure about the 3 diamonds thing..just another guess

# 5 Socal @ 06/01/15 01:49 PM
Josh Hamilton plays 3 games over this past weekend and gets a 7 point boost today?!?

If this is the case Alex Guerrero should be a Diamond!

# 6 ChaseB @ 06/01/15 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal
Josh Hamilton plays 3 games over this past weekend and gets a 7 point boost today?!?

If this is the case Alex Guerrero should be a Diamond!
Hamilton did not get any changes to his ratings in either of these updates it seems (he went down -7 last week). So it was either a position change or something else in the ratings that doesn't change any of his actual tangible ratings that bumped his Overall like it did.

# 7 jm2054 @ 06/01/15 02:23 PM
Burnett plus 3???? Seriously these guys don't watch baseball I think. These rating are a joke

# 8 MrOldboy @ 06/01/15 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
Burnett plus 3???? Seriously these guys don't watch baseball I think. These rating are a joke
They don't seem to ever want to go past 4+/- overall each week unless they are rated very low to start with (70 or less). Although this week had some extreme changes like Scooter, Zobrist and Cano.

# 9 DylPickle23 @ 06/01/15 04:59 PM
Grichuk going down 2 points is just absurd. I know they switched his primary position to CF but they couldn't knock up his ratings a little? Come on.

# 10 BlessingSpore72 @ 06/02/15 10:32 AM
Pujols needs to go gold soon. 5 Hrs in the last 7 games. And if A-Rod is gold so should pujols

# 11 johnlnames @ 06/02/15 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
It's all about the hype. Look at how fast Pineda went gold without a proven track record. Sonny gray has been one of the most dominate pitchers in baseball and he's only been touched once, because he plays on a team that gets no exposure.

# 12 AJRC323 @ 06/05/15 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlnames
It's all about the hype. Look at how fast Pineda went gold without a proven track record. Sonny gray has been one of the most dominate pitchers in baseball and he's only been touched once, because he plays on a team that gets no exposure.
Yeah, and Sonny's upgrade was a mere one rating point, and that was a few weeks ago. He should be a diamond, or close to it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.