Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports is bringing back the EA Trax soundtrack for Madden NFL 16 and have scheduled to reveal the full list of artists and acts later this summer. They have also teamed up with Spotify, offering a new Madden NFL channel, which kicked off today, featuring songs from previous editions of the Madden NFL franchise. The Spotify playlist is scheduled to be updated when Madden NFL 16 releases on August 25th and will continually be updated throughout the NFL season on "Madden Music Mondays".

Read the official press release below.

EA TRAX MAKES TRIUMPHANT RETURN TO MADDEN NFL FRANCHISE

Madden NFL 16 Gets Soundtrack Comprised of the Coming Season’s Hottest New Music and Teams with Spotify for New Channel

Today EA SPORTS revealed that Madden NFL 16 will celebrate the return of its legendary EA Trax soundtrack, recognized as the industry’s foremost showcase for introducing new music. This year’s game will feature a soundtrack from a multi-genre roster of soon-to-be- breakthrough artists and superstar acts, with the full list to be revealed this summer.

“Our Madden NFL soundtracks have changed the cultures of both gaming and music,” said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing for EA. “They’ve given unparalleled exposure to new artists, and brought Platinum acts to all-new levels. EA Trax is proud to be delivering a new soundtrack complete with national announcement events, and we look forward to once again moving music forward for millions of gamers and fans.”

For more than a decade, the Madden NFL soundtrack helped launch artists that have included Good Charlotte, Fallout Boy, Tyga, Bullet For My Valentine, OK Go, Franz Ferdinand, Yellowcard, Dashboard Confessional, Jet, Swizz Beats, K’naan, Ozomatli and 30 Seconds To Mars, and introduced new music from superstars such as Green Day, Outkast, blink-182, Bon Jovi, Ozzy Osbourne, Outkast, Linkin Park, Faith No More, The Roots, Foo Fighters and Justin Timberlake. The unprecedented hit-making impact of the soundtracks has led fans, gamers and the music industry to enthusiastically label the annual collections, ‘Madden Music’.

In addition to the new soundtrack, EA SPORTS is teaming up with Spotify to offer a new Madden NFL channel on the streaming music network. Launching today, the channel currently features some of the greatest songs from the previous editions of the Madden NFL franchise, letting fans relive their favorite songs of games gone by. When Madden NFL 16 launches on August 25 the Spotify Playlist will be updated with the full game soundtrack, and throughout the NFL season music-lovers can come back every week on “Madden Music Mondays” for fresh songs and artists, as well as special themed playlists.

As a GameStop pre-order exclusive, Madden NFL 16 is joining with Live Nation to give fans $15 worth of Live Nation Concert Cash®, which can be used toward tickets for select Live Nation concerts in the U.S. or artist merchandise from the Musictoday online store. This GameStop exclusive is granted in addition to the $15 of Madden Ultimate Team content players will already receive for pre-ordering the game.

Madden NFL 16 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® games and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 entertainment system on August 25, 2015. To learn more about Madden NFL 16, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 4thQtrStre5S @ 06/04/15 03:55 PM
I am hoping that EA is saving the best for last and gameplay has really been improved...

# 22 edwing @ 06/04/15 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
For more than a decade, the Madden NFL soundtrack helped launch artists that have included Good Charlotte, Fallout Boy, Tyga
That is not something to be proud of. Seriously never heard a worse rapper than him. So thanks EA, I guess?

# 23 SmashMan @ 06/04/15 04:21 PM
Soundtrack...more recycled "features"?!?

I'm cool with this, in the mood for songs like this as opposed to the generic ambient music they've been using. My only hope is that the PS4 version is built to support Spotify streaming appropriately (meaning, mute the menu music automatically) for when the soundtrack inevitably runs its course.

# 24 Mr.Papercut @ 06/04/15 04:42 PM
As long as they don't stuff it with Ozzy Osbourne again I'm fine...

# 25 edwing @ 06/04/15 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Plenty of rappers worse than Tyga, Lil B. and Young Thug, just a couple I think of right off the top of my head.
Sure, ranking anything is relatively subjective but there's no denying that he is pretty bad and deserves to be put in with all of these other new-age "rappers". When you get famous because of a song called "Rack City" you lose all respect from me. And don't even get me started with Lil B and his dumb curse

# 26 NC12 @ 06/04/15 07:00 PM
Greatest Madden related news I've heard in years

# 27 jpdavis82 @ 06/04/15 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC12
Greatest Madden related news I've heard in years
Yes, for now, there's more good news to come.

# 28 MajorSupreme @ 06/04/15 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yes, for now, there's more good news to come.
Stop playing with my emotions.

I think it'd be awesome if they went the 2K route and composed the soundtrack with previous popular songs. "Way Away", "It's Me Snitches", etc. got me hype pre-game.

# 29 jpdavis82 @ 06/04/15 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Stop playing with my emotions.

I think it'd be awesome if they went the 2K route and composed the soundtrack with previous popular songs. "Way Away", "It's Me Snitches", etc. got me hype pre-game.
Not playing with your emotions, there's some good gameplay stuff coming

# 30 splff3000 @ 06/05/15 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
My only hope is that the PS4 version is built to support Spotify streaming appropriately (meaning, mute the menu music automatically) for when the soundtrack inevitably runs its course.
It should work like that for ps4. It worked like that for madden 15. I'm actually looking forward to it. It's not the greatest addition by any means, but it's gonna be great for me when I'm in one of my long practice sessions. Also, in the past, most of the artists that were used were not mainstream by any means. I wonder if EA agreed to put them on Madden if they could share the rights to the songs. It would make sense seeing that, back in the day, being in Madden meant instant artist/song recognition. People knew the songs. I remember on more than one occasion hearing a song from madden outside of madden and instantly thinking that's a madden song. Anyway, I'm not upset about the playlist, especially since it only probably consisted of uploading the songs to Spotify into a playlist then sharing said playlist.

# 31 charter04 @ 06/05/15 12:28 AM
Well. Good News? I always enjoyed the sound tracks. My favorite was the NFL films songs. It just seems like typical EA to take something out and then a few games later bring it back and try and make a huge deal about it.

The spotify thing is cool I guess.

I'm hoping the gameplay news is good. lol

# 32 Facts @ 06/05/15 01:34 AM
sigh, here's to hoping for Custom Stadium Sounds in M17. They have the code for it from the NCAA games.

# 33 CM Hooe @ 06/05/15 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
sigh, here's to hoping for Custom Stadium Sounds in M17. They have the code for it from the NCAA games.
The XBOX One doesn't support user-triggered music download to system storage in any capacity and the PS4 only just got music playback from USB thumb drives into the operating system. On top of that, NCAA Football was created for an entirely different console. The code for the feature as it exists in the previous game is not relevant to its inclusion in a future game on the new consoles.

I'd love to see custom stadium sounds brought back too, but I don't think that we're going to see it anytime soon, unfortunately.

# 34 SmashMan @ 06/05/15 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
and the PS4 only just got music playback from USB thumb drives into the operating system.
For what it's worth, the PS4 video-editing app ShareFactory also supports importing audio for people to use in their videos. The interesting part is that these files (after importing them into ShareFactory) are still accessible in the app after you remove the USB drive; so they're actually being stored on the system somewhere.

Now, whether or not game developers have access to the same tools that allow this to happen...

# 35 jpdavis82 @ 06/05/15 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
I always enjoyed the "NFL Film" theme songs; for the rest, I just turn them off (more of a classical music guy myself; generally do not enjoy most modern music). If anything, more on the disappointed side of this news, as I found the menu music from the last Madden game or two less annoying than usual in sports games.
You'll still have the option to listen to the orchestrated Madden theme music(25 & 15). I'm not sure if they'll have nfl films music yet.

# 36 MAGboyswifT27 @ 06/05/15 01:46 PM
I'm actually glad they're being EA Trax back. I was over the EA custom music..

# 37 dtlm6 @ 06/06/15 12:26 AM
This was something that I wanted brought back for a very long time.

# 38 inkcil @ 06/06/15 12:39 AM
Another NFL game without custom soundtracks nor NFL Films music. That's just too bad...

# 39 oneamongthefence @ 06/06/15 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Another NFL game without custom soundtracks nor NFL Films music. That's just too bad...
The NFL films music is nice to have but a few years of the NFL inspired music in ready for a change so at least my wife won't complain about hearing the same thing on repeat for hours on end.

# 40 Sheba2011 @ 06/07/15 09:56 AM
Here are my thoughts:

1. Finally I don't have to listen to that horrible looping music that gets old after one offseason.
2. They need to have a lot of songs spanning all genres but probably won't.
3. I don't want to play football and have to listen to the latest teenage pop sensations but I have a feeling that is what is going to come from this a lot of Bruno Mars and One Direction. Nothing against either of them but not what I want to listen to when playing a game.
4. Can we finally have the option to have custom soundtracks even a joint deal with Spotify would be awesome.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.