Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

With the NBA Finals tipping off tonight, 2K released its "Story is Everything" TV spot for NBA 2K16, the next iteration of the top-rated NBA video game simulation series over the last 15 years.

The video features legendary filmmaker and basketball aficionado Spike Lee walking viewers through the importance of story in basketball. From street courts, to high school and college gyms, to Madison Square Garden, Spike makes it clear that at every level of basketball, the story is everything.

The video also highlights memorable moments of this year’s three NBA 2K16 cover athletes: Steph Curry, James Harden, and Anthony Davis. Each athlete, from Curry, the NBA’s 2014-2015 Kia Most Valuable Player to Harden, a three time NBA All-Star and Davis, two-time NBA All-Star and NBA block leader who helped lead the New Orleans Pelicans franchise to its first ever playoffs appearance, has thoroughly earned the coveted cover role.

2K also announced Spike Lee’s role in directing, writing, and co-producing the NBA 2K16 MyCAREER experience enabling fans to "Be The Story" of an NBA player with drama never before experienced in a sports game.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC platforms on September 29, 2015.

Fans can pre-order NBA 2K16 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy beginning on Friday, September 25, four days ahead of the game’s September 29 street date, along with in-game bonuses.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 cthurt @ 06/05/15 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityManiac
Frequency Vibrations???

Seriously?

I mean wow...just wow.

2k has now assured us that we can still create our own player but we are just stuck with the name...

So basically the first white man in history to be named Frequency Vibrations will be hitting the NBA court...

Just to have fun...I should also gave the option to make white Frequency 5 foot 9, 300 pound, point guard...Just so I can laugh hysterically at the cut scenes.

Can't wait for this one!

Sad part is it won't be funny because the player bodies don't show weight increases or decreases unless they changed it in 2k16.

# 22 ggsimmonds @ 06/05/15 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
If this commercial got you ready to grab that $60 out of your pocket and ready to hand it to 2k, that's cool.

I'm not so easily convinced. I'm sorry i offended you.
It is not supposed to do that. It is supposed to leave you wanting more information.

Do you even market bruh?

# 23 arkhamRejek @ 06/05/15 08:14 PM
As long as I can control the story and not be forced to be an undrafted free agent I'll probably purchase because I mean seriously Live lost me when they said their career modes we're going to have stories

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.