Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Shopmaster has posted his Madden NFL 16 CFM impressions based off of his hands-on time with the game. In the article he talks about confidence, regression, dynamic drive goals, new hub and much more.

Shop plans on releasing another article on Tuesday discussing the new scouting and draft.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 jmurphy31 @ 06/10/15 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
hope shop puts that blog up soon! looking forward to reading about the scouting/draft e.t.c.
When is it supposed to drop again?

# 162 jpdavis82 @ 06/10/15 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
When is it supposed to drop again?
Yesterday lol, should be up today though. Shop's a good guy, I called in on the show last night and he let me stay on the show for like 20 minutes. We talked a little about scouting and the draft, mostly about E3 expectations and competition in sports games though. I believe Shop and Mad talked about scouting and the draft throughout the show.

# 163 jmurphy31 @ 06/10/15 09:08 AM
Thanks. Looking forward to E3. JP, besides gameplay improvements you've been touting, will we be suprised by anything at E3.

# 164 jpdavis82 @ 06/10/15 09:26 AM
Quote:
Thanks. Looking forward to E3. JP, besides gameplay improvements you've been touting, will we be suprised by anything at E3.
Attention to detail

# 165 jmurphy31 @ 06/10/15 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Attention to detail
Hopefully in the presentation department

# 166 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 06/10/15 10:28 AM
Quote:
Attention to detail
Hopefully this includes Equipment, Uniforms, and that weird invisible barrier that the players always run into that's about two feet behind the end zone.

# 167 brza37 @ 06/10/15 10:38 AM
Quote:
Attention to detail
Quote:
Hopefully in the presentation department
Hopefully, the presentation is also available in head-to-head games in online CFM. I basically only play online CFM so I missed out on all the new presentation enhancements except for the occassional game against the CPU.
At least offer the option to display the pre-game and half-time cut-scenes in head-to-head games. This could be set in a user's options so people don't have to X through the scenes. For example:
Pre-Game - On/Off
Half-Time - On/Off
Replay Frequency - None/Rare/Regular/Often

They would just have to take the lowest option set by each user. So if User A had On-Off-Often and User B had Off-On-Rare then the game would have the setting Off-Off-Rare.

# 168 splff3000 @ 06/10/15 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
Hopefully, the presentation is also available in head-to-head games in online CFM. I basically only play online CFM so I missed out on all the new presentation enhancements except for the occassional game against the CPU.
At least offer the option to display the pre-game and half-time cut-scenes in head-to-head games. This could be set in a user's options so people don't have to X through the scenes. For example:
Pre-Game - On/Off
Half-Time - On/Off
Replay Frequency - None/Rare/Regular/Often

They would just have to take the lowest option set by each user. So if User A had On-Off-Often and User B had Off-On-Rare then the game would have the setting Off-Off-Rare.
I feel ya man. After playing nothing but users in CFM, I had to play a cpu game and it felt almost like a completely different game, presentation wise. It's been like that for the last few years. You don't see the real presentation until after you play the cpu. Hopefully, they're both the same now.

# 169 playajay98 @ 06/10/15 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
This is just going to be a difference of opinion but I don't really believe that CFM was, or has ever been, fundamentally broken since it was introduced. Has it been severely lacking? Yes. Was the UI really slow and clunky? Absolutely. But everything worked the way it supposed to.

The depth chart wasn't broken. The UI wasn't broken, it just sucked. Scouting wasn't broken. And that is NOT saying that these aren't appreciated. I would have to spend around an hour after each game I played last year in my 32-team CFM simply tracking injuries and changing depth charts because it took god awfully long to change characters. Now, if that amount of time is cut down, I'll be happy and appreciate the upgrade. Same goes for scouting, if it's quicker and a more efficient way to get the job done in a 32-team CFM, I'll appreciate it no doubt, there's no denying any of that.

I think the largest bit of disappointment comes from the fact that they "fixed" things that weren't necessarily broken and then built on something that a lot of people (here) don't like. If they added a huge chunk of what's missing in terms of CFM depth next year, then it becomes a moot point. But it's been three or four years since CFM has been introduced and there haven't been really any steps forward towards that idea.
I've felt like playing CFM as a player HAS been broken for years because SUPERSIM is broken. Outside of the regular outcomes feeling unrealistic (Broncos offense 3 and out 20 times against the Jags?) there is no clock management/late game logic. If I'm playing as Von Miller on D and I shut down a late game surge by the opponent to score, supersim should have my offense run the clock out to win the game. The way it works now, I've had to defend late scoring attempts 2 and 3 times on D when running the clock out would have ended the game. This has a HUGE effect on CFM game results which has made me frustrated enough to give up on attempting a player career. JP, has this been addressed at all?

# 170 ggsimmonds @ 06/10/15 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playajay98
I've felt like playing CFM as a player HAS been broken for years because SUPERSIM is broken. Outside of the regular outcomes feeling unrealistic (Broncos offense 3 and out 20 times against the Jags?) there is no clock management/late game logic. If I'm playing as Von Miller on D and I shut down a late game surge by the opponent to score, supersim should have my offense run the clock out to win the game. The way it works now, I've had to defend late scoring attempts 2 and 3 times on D when running the clock out would have ended the game. This has a HUGE effect on CFM game results which has made me frustrated enough to give up on attempting a player career. JP, has this been addressed at all?
I expect them to just drop that mode soon. I think it has been untouched since they introduced connected careers. Well in year 2 they did add the instant starter option so there is that.

How many face palms will there be if in 2 years or so they drop the connected gimmick, reintroduce stand alone franchise mode, then the next year introduce a brand new be a pro mode?

# 171 jpdavis82 @ 06/10/15 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
There a presentation changes when you do Player CFM as well. I hope across the board we all see the same presentation regardless of the mode.
What are the presentation changes for CFM as a player? I've never done that, the mode is so dull and boring currently.

# 172 ggsimmonds @ 06/10/15 07:31 PM
Quote:
What are the presentation changes for CFM as a player? I've never done that, the mode is so dull and boring currently.
It is kind of surprising that after 2k's success with myplayer that Madden did not jump on that money machine and do something with the mode.

# 173 jpdavis82 @ 06/10/15 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
It is kind of surprising that after 2k's success with myplayer that Madden did not jump on that money machine and do something with the mode.
Yes it is hopefully that changes in the future

# 174 therealsmallville @ 06/10/15 08:57 PM
I know that we, as players, can choose to ignore the goals in games (i.e., throwing to the open read & not to the same guy over & over just because his goal is for ___ catches), but I worry about the cpu. Cpu players will progress/regress based on their own goals, right? So at the end of a game, are the Cardinals going to play smart to come from behind, or are they going to keep going to Fitzgerald so he can meet his goal? If Fitzgerald needs, say, 5 catches & I've held him to 3 all game, will the cpu play smart? Or can I just double him with a safety because I know he's getting it even if he's covered?

Does that make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 175 jfsolo @ 06/10/15 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I know that we, as players, can choose to ignore the goals in games (i.e., throwing to the open read & not to the same guy over & over just because his goal is for ___ catches), but I worry about the cpu. Cpu players will progress/regress based on their own goals, right? So at the end of a game, are the Cardinals going to play smart to come from behind, or are they going to keep going to Fitzgerald so he can meet his goal? If Fitzgerald needs, say, 5 catches & I've held him to 3 all game, will the cpu play smart? Or can I just double him with a safety because I know he's getting it even if he's covered?

Does that make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The CPU playing smart has been a problem forever. This is simply something that they have struggled with the for the entire life of the series. So if it doesn't play smart, I don't think that goals will have anything to do with it. The CPU adjusting their gameplay to try and reach goals, would require an acute awareness of all the events going on in the game. That would be an unprecedented leap in A.I. in Madden football.

# 176 jpdavis82 @ 06/10/15 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
The CPU playing smart has been a problem forever. This is simply something that they have struggled with the for the entire life of the series. So if it doesn't play smart, I don't think that goals will have anything to do with it. The CPU adjusting their gameplay to try and reach goals, would require an acute awareness of all the events going on in the game. That would be an unprecedented leap in A.I. in Madden football.
I don't think the CPU has goals or tries to achieve them or anything like that, I can't talk about the CPU AI this year until more gameplay info is released.

# 177 SolidSquid @ 06/10/15 11:44 PM
Quote:
I don't think the CPU has goals or tries to achieve them or anything like that, I can't talk about the CPU AI this year until more gameplay info is released.
Does the cpu not progress its players then? If we can get extra xp and the cpu can't won't it cause an unbalanced game a couple years into a cfm?

# 178 jpdavis82 @ 06/10/15 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Does the cpu not progress its players then? If we can get extra xp and the cpu can't won't it cause an unbalanced game a couple years into a cfm?
Sorry, I meant the dynamic drive goals, I think they just have the weekly, yearly goals. Maybe they do have dynamic drive goals, I just don't remember for certain.

# 179 jfsolo @ 06/11/15 11:52 AM
Quote:
Sorry, I meant the dynamic drive goals, I think they just have the weekly, yearly goals. Maybe they do have dynamic drive goals, I just don't remember for certain.
They probably don't and if that's the case is it unfortunate. If the User can get XP and improve confidence during the game and the CPU can't then it obviously creates an unfair advantage for the User in every game. Overpowered User teams is not a good thing.

# 180 playajay98 @ 06/11/15 05:45 PM
JP, would you mind chiming in on my previous post #187? Any idea if supersim was touched at all? Can you understand why Supersim not working would break Player CFM?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.