Home
Axis Football 2015 News Post

Axis Football is coming to Steam on July 15, 2015. The game's official page has been launched on Steam and with it are some details of what to expect (along with a video and some screenshots).

Quote:

Axis Football Overview

Axis Football is a high-quality, 3D American Football Game - not a simulator or manager. Choose from 32 team and play in either season mode or a quick match. A great alternative to Madden, Axis Football features excellent controls and a unique mouse-aimed passing system that gives unprecedented accuracy and control of where the ball is thrown. Unlike the few other football games, Axis Football was specifically designed for play on a computer and takes full advantage of the mouse/keyboard controls.

Teams and Rosters

All 32 cities from the NFL are represented in Axis Football. Each team features its own ranking in passing, running, pass defense, run defense, and special teams. Additionally, each player in the game comes complete with their own stats for all of the various football metrics (speed, tackling, blocking, etc.)

New in Axis Football 2015

If you've played the 2014 version, you might be interested to hear of the features we've added in this year's installment.
  • Randomized season schedules. No more playing the same teams in the same weeks every season!
  • Updated team stats. Some teams got better... some got worse! Find out how your favorite team fared.
  • Updated team rosters
  • Added end zone graphics to the field. The home team's graphic will be shown.
  • Added players to the sidelines.
  • Improved stadium graphics and shadows.
  • Added two environmental conditions: Rain and Snow. These conditions have a random chance of occurring during season mode and have a slight effect on ball handling and catching.

Check out more screenshots of the game here.

Axis Football 2015 screenshot gallery - Click to view Axis Football 2015 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Axis Football 2015Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 0 - View All
Axis Football 2015 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 RACZILLA @ 06/16/15 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I have the 4 player arcade machine
Oh, wow. That's awesome!

I used to play it a lot when it was in the arcade. Then I got it with a NES on my 7th birthday.

Sometimes I feel like it's forgotten in the overall mix of football games, but it was one I spent a lot of time with and enjoyed.

# 42 Skyboxer @ 06/16/15 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACZILLA
Oh, wow. That's awesome!

I used to play it a lot when it was in the arcade. Then I got it with a NES on my 7th birthday.

Sometimes I feel like it's forgotten in the overall mix of football games, but it was one I spent a lot of time with and enjoyed.
Yep every holiday when family was over (A lot more when I was younger.. everyone old farts now) we'd have a FB tourney on the machine. It still runs great and only needs some tuning to the sticks.

Was some really good times.

# 43 AxisGames @ 06/19/15 08:09 PM
Hey folks! Danny Jugan here - creator of Axis Football League. I'd first like to say that I appreciate all of the feedback and suggestions given about the game. I'd like to take a quick moment and shed some light on my current and future plans and perceptions to hopefully answer some of your questions about the game. Some points:

#1 - I don't intend for this game to be a Madden killer. It's obvious that the two games are on different levels, and Madden does a lot of things really well. I made this game because I love football games and felt that players would enjoy playing something different. Yes, when compared directly with the strength of Madden, this game will come up short, but there are a lot of features that Axis Football can (and will) provide that Madden does not. Such as...
#2 - The mouse-aimed passing system is by far the best feature of the game. It's a blast, and it simply allows you to feel more like a QB than the standard button passing system.
#3 - My vision for Axis Football is long-term. The first installment (2014), featured basic quick match and season play. In 2015, I added several features both mechanically, graphically, and conceptually. My goal is to continue to add major features each year with the revenue generated from game sales. I made Axis Football with a $450 budget. With a more serious budget, I could make something truly great.
#4 - I honestly care about, listen, and act upon player feedback. I hope my track record speaks for itself here, but the features I implemented in Axis Football 2015 were directly from player feedback from 2014. On top of that, once the game was Greenlit, there was overwhelming feedback (more like hate ;-) ) about three particular features: 1) No controller support, 2) The football carry animation, and 3) No multiplayer. I have since updated the run animation, I'm 98% done with controller support, and I'm implementing 2-P local multiplayer. All of those will be in the game at it's release on July 15th.
#5 - There were a few posts earlier in this thread discussing the Axis Football 2014 Kickstarter failure. That's all on me, and I'll fully admit it. At the time, I didn't know what I was doing. I've learned loads since then, and any future Kickstarters will be much, much better.
#6 - A few others also mentioned that they haven't heard of Axis Games. While it's true that Axis Football has been going on since 2009, Axis Games was initially an exclusive Flash Game development company. It was until 2013 that I officially switched over to making PC games. So, even though we've been around since ~2004, unless you were big into the Flash Game scene or are fans of the Hands of War series, you probably never heard of us.
#7 - So what can we expect to see in the future from Axis Football? I thought I'd take a second to list the features that are top on the list of things to add in the next update/version of the game. Here is what is currently in the plan:

Axis Football 2015 Free Update (~September, 2015)
-Oculus Rift support
-Spin/Juke moves
-Playoff on-field graphics

Axis Football 2016 (~July, 2016)
-Complete GUI overhaul (the current theme looks out-dated)
-Franchise mode complete with player draft between seasons
-Season stats
-Moding support
-New Jersey textures
-Hot Routes called from line of scrimmage (we'll still keep audibles)
-Touchdown dances
-Polish: (update linemen animations when they're in a block, AI improvements, etc.)

To sum everything up, I know Axis Football doesn't have everything that you want it to have - yet! It's going to take some time to get all of the features that you have come to expect. I'm asking for your support in helping build a football game franchise that gives players options. I'm in this for the long-haul. If you decide not to purchase the game when it releases, I ask that you at least mention it to a friend!

As always, thanks for your support. If you have suggestions or feedback, please feel free to reach out to me at any of the contact mediums below!

Happy Gaming,

Danny Jugan
[email protected]
@AxisGamesDev
fb.com/AxisGames

# 44 Cod @ 06/19/15 10:17 PM
Thanks for joining OS Danny! Great to see a developer actively involved with the community.

# 45 henry963 @ 07/07/15 12:09 PM
The game has been executed very preciously and still it could be a good game..

# 46 23 @ 07/08/15 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisGames
Hey folks! Danny Jugan here - creator of Axis Football League. I'd first like to say that I appreciate all of the feedback and suggestions given about the game. I'd like to take a quick moment and shed some light on my current and future plans and perceptions to hopefully answer some of your questions about the game. Some points:

#1 - I don't intend for this game to be a Madden killer. It's obvious that the two games are on different levels, and Madden does a lot of things really well. I made this game because I love football games and felt that players would enjoy playing something different. Yes, when compared directly with the strength of Madden, this game will come up short, but there are a lot of features that Axis Football can (and will) provide that Madden does not. Such as...
#2 - The mouse-aimed passing system is by far the best feature of the game. It's a blast, and it simply allows you to feel more like a QB than the standard button passing system.
#3 - My vision for Axis Football is long-term. The first installment (2014), featured basic quick match and season play. In 2015, I added several features both mechanically, graphically, and conceptually. My goal is to continue to add major features each year with the revenue generated from game sales. I made Axis Football with a $450 budget. With a more serious budget, I could make something truly great.
#4 - I honestly care about, listen, and act upon player feedback. I hope my track record speaks for itself here, but the features I implemented in Axis Football 2015 were directly from player feedback from 2014. On top of that, once the game was Greenlit, there was overwhelming feedback (more like hate ;-) ) about three particular features: 1) No controller support, 2) The football carry animation, and 3) No multiplayer. I have since updated the run animation, I'm 98% done with controller support, and I'm implementing 2-P local multiplayer. All of those will be in the game at it's release on July 15th.
#5 - There were a few posts earlier in this thread discussing the Axis Football 2014 Kickstarter failure. That's all on me, and I'll fully admit it. At the time, I didn't know what I was doing. I've learned loads since then, and any future Kickstarters will be much, much better.
#6 - A few others also mentioned that they haven't heard of Axis Games. While it's true that Axis Football has been going on since 2009, Axis Games was initially an exclusive Flash Game development company. It was until 2013 that I officially switched over to making PC games. So, even though we've been around since ~2004, unless you were big into the Flash Game scene or are fans of the Hands of War series, you probably never heard of us.
#7 - So what can we expect to see in the future from Axis Football? I thought I'd take a second to list the features that are top on the list of things to add in the next update/version of the game. Here is what is currently in the plan:

Axis Football 2015 Free Update (~September, 2015)
-Oculus Rift support
-Spin/Juke moves
-Playoff on-field graphics

Axis Football 2016 (~July, 2016)
-Complete GUI overhaul (the current theme looks out-dated)
-Franchise mode complete with player draft between seasons
-Season stats
-Moding support
-New Jersey textures
-Hot Routes called from line of scrimmage (we'll still keep audibles)
-Touchdown dances
-Polish: (update linemen animations when they're in a block, AI improvements, etc.)

To sum everything up, I know Axis Football doesn't have everything that you want it to have - yet! It's going to take some time to get all of the features that you have come to expect. I'm asking for your support in helping build a football game franchise that gives players options. I'm in this for the long-haul. If you decide not to purchase the game when it releases, I ask that you at least mention it to a friend!

As always, thanks for your support. If you have suggestions or feedback, please feel free to reach out to me at any of the contact mediums below!

Happy Gaming,

Danny Jugan
[email protected]
@AxisGamesDev
fb.com/AxisGames

Welcome to OS, Axis

# 47 Cod @ 07/10/15 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Why is everyone carrying the ball like a loaf of bread?
According to Danny (from a conversation on Steam), the animation was updated a few weeks ago after people started discussing it.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.