Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

Oklahoma City Thunder point guard, Russell Westbrook has been officially named the cover athlete for NBA Live 16, check out the trailer here and 8 new screenshots here.

Here are the official NBA Live 16 covers.

An official release date hasn't been revealed yet. More details will arrive during the EA press briefing on Monday, June 15th at 1:00PM PT. Until then, here are some of the features.
  • LIVE IS ALL ABOUT YOU
    The ultimate form of self-expression where everything you do matters – both on and off the court.
  • LIVEMOTION
    Free your game with our physics-based player movement system – giving you unparalleled control and best-in-class animation.
  • LIVE CONNECTED
    The freshest way to play ball. Ultimate Team, Dynasty, Big Moment Challenges and more are back and better than ever.
  • DISCOVER HOW TO RISE TOGETHER THIS SUMMER
    A new way to experience NBA LIVE…
Also be sure to check out the images, along with a few details behind the scenes, during the cover shoot.

Read the full press release below.

RUSSELL WESTBROOK NAMED NBA LIVE 16 COVER ATHLETE

Thunder All-Star Makes Video Game Cover Debut

Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) revealed Russell Westbrook as the cover athlete for NBA LIVE 16. Westbrook, the Oklahoma City Thunder point guard, is a decorated NBA star and one of the most versatile and explosive players in the league, demonstrated by his 11 triple-doubles this season, seven more than the next closest player. Westbrook is a four-time All-Star, and was named the 2015 All-Star Game MVP. He was also the NBA Scoring Champion after the 2014 season, and has won two gold medals as part of the US National Team, once during the 2010 FIBA World Championship and again in the 2012 Olympics.

“Russell Westbrook is a player who can do it all, and we can’t imagine a better fit for the cover of NBA LIVE 16,” said EA SPORTS VP of Marketing Anthony Stevenson. “NBA LIVE 16 is all about self-expression, and who better embodies that than Westbrook, both on and off the court? Russell plays every game like he has something to prove. Our team is building NBA LIVE the exact same way, so we’re thrilled to have him as an ambassador for our game.”

EA SPORTS will announce the first gameplay details of NBA LIVE 16 next week at E3, and fans are encouraged to tune into the official EA press briefing on Monday, June 15 at 1:00pm PT for live announcements regarding this year’s game. Show attendees will also be able to stop by the EA booth to get their hands on NBA LIVE 16 for themselves for the very first time.

NBA LIVE 16 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and will be available for $59.99. To learn more about NBA LIVE 16, visit https://www.easports.com/nba-live.

NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Tonyattia @ 06/09/15 01:07 PM
-Jersey fitting is much better
- skin looks more like flesh
- Player models look on par with 2k14 which is a big step up imo
- that crossover/ dunk was eh but well see what comes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 DJ @ 06/09/15 01:08 PM
Nice that he did mo-cap for the game. I'm cautiously optimistic about Live 16.

# 3 TecmoZack @ 06/09/15 01:09 PM
I love the trailer. Any features revealed yet?

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmZack - @VanMetra16

PSN - TecmoZack

# 4 Steve_OS @ 06/09/15 01:11 PM
A couple of captures from the trailer and the covers.

# 5 TecmoZack @ 06/09/15 01:13 PM
Oh wow. Monday at noon (central) they will reveal all the features at e3. Looks like they will have a version of 16 for the fans to play who stop by via ea sports.

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmZack - @VanMetra16

PSN - TecmoZack

# 6 Haval93 @ 06/09/15 01:15 PM
Nice. Can't wait to hear more about LiveMotion. "LIVEMOTION. Free your game with our physics-based player movement system – giving you unparalleled control and best-in-class animation." New animation system? More than likely they expanded they rag-doll physics or real time physics to all 10 players on the court. More than likely that will be what EA will bring up at their new conference. Side note, the game is playable on show floor and EA is showing it at it's conference, it must mean EA isn't embarrassed by the game and will we get an actually marketing campaign this year.

# 7 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/09/15 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Nice that he did mo-cap for the game. I'm cautiously optimistic about Live 16.
They did mo-cap for Live 15 as well.

# 8 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/09/15 01:17 PM
Looking at the trailer, the graphics looks the same as Live 15 which wasn't bad, only difference is it looks like they added more contrast. Which is a good thing.

# 9 DJ @ 06/09/15 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
They did mo-cap for Live 15 as well.
I know. I was referring to Westbrook specifically. Don't know if he did a session for 15 or not.

# 10 tedus @ 06/09/15 01:31 PM
Nice trailer! Good start! Next step ! Please tell me the full customize and slider are back!

# 11 mlp111 @ 06/09/15 01:31 PM
graphics, emotion, body was dope. Movement, not so much. Dunk was nice, but player/rim interaction still hasnt been addressed. That was a hard dunk with no movement whatsoever from the rim.

# 12 cthurt @ 06/09/15 01:32 PM
I am impressed with everything except the dunk still could look a lot smoother, but the graphics look good the fit of the jersey looks great, kind of reminded me of how 2k14 looked on the next gen console.

# 13 Steve_OS @ 06/09/15 01:35 PM
Some features.

https://www.easports.com/nba-live/features

LIVE IS ALL ABOUT YOU
The ultimate form of self-expression where everything you do matters – both on and off the court.

LIVEMOTION
Free your game with our physics-based player movement system – giving you unparalleled control and best-in-class animation.

LIVE CONNECTED
The freshest way to play ball. Ultimate Team, Dynasty, Big Moment Challenges and more are back and better than ever.

DISCOVER HOW TO RISE TOGETHER THIS SUMMER

# 14 ZoneSix @ 06/09/15 01:36 PM
looking good. LiveMotion definitely has me intrigued..

# 15 RyanLaFalce @ 06/09/15 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Some features.

https://www.easports.com/nba-live/features

LIVE IS ALL ABOUT YOU

LIVEMOTION

LIVE CONNECTED

DISCOVER HOW TO RISE TOGETHER THIS SUMMER
I hope the last one doesn't mean they're adding some sort of park similar to 2K...

# 16 TDYRX @ 06/09/15 01:48 PM
Haven't watched the trailer yet, but a trailer THIS EARLY and a star like Westbrook on the cover?

I'm already impressed. There's so much stuff (like a f-ton) missing from this series, but this early promo has me optimistic. Maybe they shouldn't have kept stuff under wraps for so long the past two years, but PR wise, this just screams confidence.

# 17 Goffs @ 06/09/15 01:49 PM
Pfffft no PC version? Jeez... c'mon EA let me use Origin other than BF4...

# 18 KingTocco @ 06/09/15 01:52 PM
It's like 4 seconds of a Westbrook drive, I'd hardly call this a trailer.

EA is gonna have to show much more this year prior to release to justify a purchase IMO. I'm not buying the hype yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 19 mlp111 @ 06/09/15 01:58 PM
They need to revamp there entire animation engine. That muscle definition looks insanely realistic though!

# 20 mlp111 @ 06/09/15 01:59 PM
need pc version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.