Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

Oklahoma City Thunder point guard, Russell Westbrook has been officially named the cover athlete for NBA Live 16, check out the trailer here and 8 new screenshots here.

Here are the official NBA Live 16 covers.

An official release date hasn't been revealed yet. More details will arrive during the EA press briefing on Monday, June 15th at 1:00PM PT. Until then, here are some of the features.
  • LIVE IS ALL ABOUT YOU
    The ultimate form of self-expression where everything you do matters – both on and off the court.
  • LIVEMOTION
    Free your game with our physics-based player movement system – giving you unparalleled control and best-in-class animation.
  • LIVE CONNECTED
    The freshest way to play ball. Ultimate Team, Dynasty, Big Moment Challenges and more are back and better than ever.
  • DISCOVER HOW TO RISE TOGETHER THIS SUMMER
    A new way to experience NBA LIVE…
Also be sure to check out the images, along with a few details behind the scenes, during the cover shoot.

Read the full press release below.

RUSSELL WESTBROOK NAMED NBA LIVE 16 COVER ATHLETE

Thunder All-Star Makes Video Game Cover Debut

Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) revealed Russell Westbrook as the cover athlete for NBA LIVE 16. Westbrook, the Oklahoma City Thunder point guard, is a decorated NBA star and one of the most versatile and explosive players in the league, demonstrated by his 11 triple-doubles this season, seven more than the next closest player. Westbrook is a four-time All-Star, and was named the 2015 All-Star Game MVP. He was also the NBA Scoring Champion after the 2014 season, and has won two gold medals as part of the US National Team, once during the 2010 FIBA World Championship and again in the 2012 Olympics.

“Russell Westbrook is a player who can do it all, and we can’t imagine a better fit for the cover of NBA LIVE 16,” said EA SPORTS VP of Marketing Anthony Stevenson. “NBA LIVE 16 is all about self-expression, and who better embodies that than Westbrook, both on and off the court? Russell plays every game like he has something to prove. Our team is building NBA LIVE the exact same way, so we’re thrilled to have him as an ambassador for our game.”

EA SPORTS will announce the first gameplay details of NBA LIVE 16 next week at E3, and fans are encouraged to tune into the official EA press briefing on Monday, June 15 at 1:00pm PT for live announcements regarding this year’s game. Show attendees will also be able to stop by the EA booth to get their hands on NBA LIVE 16 for themselves for the very first time.

NBA LIVE 16 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and will be available for $59.99. To learn more about NBA LIVE 16, visit https://www.easports.com/nba-live.

NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Rob. D @ 06/10/15 06:46 PM
not impressed waiting on a real trailer

# 62 King_B_Mack @ 06/10/15 09:56 PM
Looks really good. Been fooled by EA trailers and teasers plenty of times in the past, so not jumping off that ledge at this point. But this is definitely a good start to the process this year. Here's hoping they can keep it up.

# 63 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 06/11/15 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JODYE
That crossover on the break looked incredible.

I agree. Something about the way he stops on a dime and his feet stutter before regaining balance. It's also cool how Jeremy Lin is back peddling and stops and tries to reach but misses and then has to turn and chase Westbrook after being beat by the cross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 64 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 06/11/15 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
What trailer you watching that shows lin for more than .5 seconds

It cuts off be you can see him start to turn around if you pause at the last second.

# 65 kc2135 @ 06/11/15 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudesheff
Hmmm....wanna get excited about Live again. But when the cover athlete doesn't even have the same haircut in game as he does during mo-cap.....However this is year 3 of their "plan" so I'll give them one last chance. All I want is smoother animations and full player editing please 😐
Hair is no big deal. Live 15 had a better version of lebrons hair and Dwight Howard and they patched those in

# 66 ifitbeginsitends @ 06/11/15 02:55 PM
I'm excited to be getting live info this early in the cycle. I love the cross over in transition but the animation wasn't too impressive, neither was the dunk. Hopefully those were just placeholder animations while they polish up live motion. I'm happy you have the control freedom to shift like that in transition just not all that impressed with the animation of it... I'm SURE it will get better, we are still in early June. They have until August..

Props for Westbrook being chosen. If you follow the narrative of point guards being chosen it's like they finally believe they have something special. First it was an up and coming Irving, then a Damien lillard who had arrived and was on the cusp of greatness, now it's Russell he's a top 5 point guard . If the game follows the cover athletes chosen, we should be in for a show. Russell Westbrook always puts on a show.

in real life in looking forward to see how Russell and KD play together next year. I want to see them play golden state!

# 67 GudStuffzz @ 06/11/15 10:09 PM
dunks still look weird though, idk how to explain it... just doesn't look natural. Impressive graphics but man gameplay is the make or break for me. Live 15's lack of post game was a HUGE turn off for me. Live is just so far behind 2k in terms of gameplay.. I always tell myself that i'll give Live a chance but when I compare it to 2k, the gap between them is just so wide. Hopefully Live is able to somewhat catch up to 2k this year

# 68 GudStuffzz @ 06/11/15 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEgend
Your telling me this still captured screenshot of Westbrook dunking, doesn't look better than the trailers dunk snippet? Me personally I'm not concerned by how the dunk looked in the trailer. Since it was a pre-E3 released trailer. So I'm sure they've implemented an array of signature dunks that have yet to be fully revealed.
should have explained that better, my bad. The actual dunk animation is good. It's just when it hits the rim, it just doesn't feel natural. It's been a thing with live for years imo

# 69 23 @ 06/12/15 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
It's the dunk's sound effect messing with you

The hand still hits the rim like it has no blood in it and is numb. Makes it look like a flipper. They have to address these stiff ugly animations man. New technology and we're still in the same boat.

# 70 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 06/13/15 04:01 PM
I took the in-game clips and looped them if anybody's interested.

http://youtu.be/pkDUV4SrUuk

# 71 BroPeezy925 @ 06/13/15 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
I took the in-game clips and looped them if anybody's interested.

http://youtu.be/pkDUV4SrUuk

Embed it for ya. Game looks promising, only thing that ticks me off like some other people in this thread from the looks of it is the dunk finish. Oh well.

# 72 BroPeezy925 @ 06/14/15 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEgend
Idk man I won't seize to believe that dunk will even be in the final product. They're hiding everything new for E3. Which is probably the reason why, they showed as sub par authentic dunk like that.
It's not the dunk that ticks me off though, it's how he finishes it. He basically just slaps the rim and it looks off and weird..

# 73 TalenT @ 06/15/15 03:22 PM
The game looks beautiful! I'm still not on board with the animations though. Not enough fluidity and too much stiffness. Watch the way he dribbles and dunks. His arms don't extend.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.